Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

so.. what games do we win?

The Fish

I'm in the same boat as you. At the beginning of the season I would have picked the Chiefs, Bengals, and Panthers. The Chiefs picked it up 2 weeks ago against the Chargers and finally beat the Vikings. The Bengals are showing promise at 2-2. The Panthers will eat Angerer alive because they rely on a lot of tight end play and Angerer can't cover the middle on passing situations. I'm thinking a jax collapse as well, but honestly I can't bank on that. I'm not sure where we will win this season. We will see though. I hope we can turn things around, but it's not looking too promising.

Right now we are looking like a 1 or 2 win team and I hate to say that. Injuries are piling up already and I think what you see in Painter NOW is about as good as it's going to get. If Peyton can't make it back(heaven forbid) maybe there will be a silver lining and we'll end up with our future at QB.(whoever that may be)

Chiefs game is as far as I can see. If we don't win the Chiefs game, the Jags game at home is the only other game I can see us winning unless Painter takes our offense to a consistent 24 pt production level.

We need to put up 20 plus on the board vs the Chiefs to win at home. Right now, that game is our best chance for a win.

We need to put up 20 plus on the board vs the Chiefs to win at home. Right now, that game is our best chance for a win.

put up 20 points, big deal. Cassel is far from good, and he will put up 300 plus yards and hang 3 or 4 td's on us. we lose the chiefs game, no chance.

put up 20 points, big deal. Cassel is far from good, and he will put up 300 plus yards and hang 3 or 4 td's on us. we lose the chiefs game, no chance.

Our D, at home, just plays different. Don't be surprised if we do. We win the Chiefs game 24-20 or something like that, IMO.

Our D, at home, just plays different. Don't be surprised if we do. We win the Chiefs game 24-20 or something like that, IMO.

we don't play 20 yards off every receiver? even at home? really?

welker is gonna catch an NFL record 85 passes from Brady when we come to town.

we don't play 20 yards off every receiver? even at home? really?

welker is gonna catch an NFL record 85 passes from Brady when we come to town.

We will see how it shapes up. If we lose, so be it. I still think it is our best chance for a win.

Well frankly if we get our defensive effort from last week coupled with tonight's offense we can win most of the games left on our schedule. Now with that said that's probably only going to happen once or twice this year and not in most of those games. I think we can beat KC, the Bengals, the Panthers and Jags here and maybe the Jags on the road. Heck we can even beat a team like the Falcons, Titans, or, Texans here if we play well enough on defense. I can't believe I am going to say this but weather could work in favor in New England and we just have the Ravens number. It's going to be any given Sunday the rest of the year. I don't think we are going to turn this around or anything but I do think we can win about five games before the year is over and one of those might very well be a surprise win over a good team.

WE win the next 2....

...a high draft pick does not help us any more than a middle pick..

Everyone forgets we cant draft a QB to sit for 4 years....

Lets just play the next 2 games and see what happens..

We could very well win the next two

A high draft pick doesn't help us any more than a middle pick????? :facepalm: That could be the difference in the top pro prospect at our desired position and the 2nd or 3rd ranked prospect. That could mean an extra year of development needed. That could lead to much more rookie penalties and set our team back next season. That could be the difference between Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow...

With the new CBA, rookie contract last 4-5 years....we most certainly can draft a QB if the organization wants to and sit them. There's not even a guarantee Peyton will finish out his contract.

My God, I don't know how much more evidence some of you need that this team is just bad. We will be very very lucky to win 2 games this season. We have guys dropping like flies and having to replace them with guys that should be in Arena league 3 football.

Based on last night's game with Painter...

Chiefs

Bengals

Jags

Panthers

Jags

Maybe the Texs or Titans in the last couple of weeks. Only one of them we beat

6-10... 5th overall... I originally said 3rd overall, but now I think it's 5th

WE win the next 2....

...a high draft pick does not help us any more than a middle pick..

Everyone forgets we cant draft a QB to sit for 4 years....

Lets just play the next 2 games and see what happens..

Who said I wanted to draft a QB. I want the #1 overall pick and I want to trade it for a king's ransom.

To me based on what I saw here are the winnable games. This is not saying we will win. These are games that I think we will have a good shot at winning if we play well.

Chiefs

Bengals

Jags x 2

Panthers

What I predict is split with the Jags and against the Chiefs finishing the season 2-14. I would put the Titans on there, but that would depend on the health of Matt.

The Vikings, Rams and Dolphins look to be in the running for the #1 pick as well, but they have easier schedules.

We might beat the Chiefs, and I don't know how Jax's O-line is, but if Frathis goes crazy on their rookie QB, maybe we split with them.

Best case scenario: 2-14

More probably scenario: 1-15

Entirely possible scenario: 0-16

We will see how it shapes up. If we lose, so be it. I still think it is our best chance for a win.

Agreed...we gotta a decent shot starting Sunday vs, KC but our injuries are piling up....again.

Then its onto to Cincy, who will likely be without Benson.

If we can't win either of those two then we'll probably sink faster than Ted Kennedy's Buick.

Well frankly if we get our defensive effort from last week coupled with tonight's offense we can win most of the games left on our schedule. Now with that said that's probably only going to happen once or twice this year and not in most of those games. I think we can beat KC, the Bengals, the Panthers and Jags here and maybe the Jags on the road. Heck we can even beat a team like the Falcons, Titans, or, Texans here if we play well enough on defense. I can't believe I am going to say this but weather could work in favor in New England and we just have the Ravens number. It's going to be any given Sunday the rest of the year. I don't think we are going to turn this around or anything but I do think we can win about five games before the year is over and one of those might very well be a surprise win over a good team.

The Steelers game defense was an aberration from a defensive score point of view. In close games, we have to find a way to win on offense. Unless our offense can put 24 points or more consistently, we cannot rely on our D to win most games for us. Maybe one or two, but not most games since the O-lines of the teams we are going to face will not be nearly as bad as the Steelers' O-line that we faced. If we expect our D to provide a defensive score to seal a game for us, we are in trouble more often than not, especially seeing how banged up we are. If we get Castanzo or Ijalana back, before more injuries pile up, the Chiefs' game will be the most winnable game on the schedule for a while.

I would put the Titans on there, but that would depend on the health of Matt.

If Matt Hasselback is healthy, no chance of beating the Titans. Even if Matt Hasselback is not healthy, that Titans' pass D will suffocate us and it will be a long day for Painter with a lot of punts or 3 & outs.

The Vikings, Rams and Dolphins look to be in the running for the #1 pick as well, but they have easier schedules.

We might beat the Chiefs, and I don't know how Jax's O-line is, but if Frathis goes crazy on their rookie QB, maybe we split with them.

Best case scenario: 2-14

More probably scenario: 1-15

Entirely possible scenario: 0-16

LOL ... The Colts have been in the last 3 games ... and IMO if Painter had started all season we may very well be 3-1 right now! I say they win at LEAST 6 games this year - at least! And if we can get some guys to step up we could be 8-8.....

The Titans are actually playing really good football I don't see us beating them. The Chiefs and Jags are the only teams I think the Colts can beat. The Bengals actually have a good defense and Andy Dalton is playing well, they just beat the 3-0 bills because Dalton had a very good game winning FG drive, he may be a rookie but hes playing good. The Panthers are explosive they have skill players and all Cam needs to do is protect the ball. . I dont think we can cover Steve Smith or stop the Panthers running game.

LOL ... The Colts have been in the last 3 games ... and IMO if Painter had started all season we may very well be 3-1 right now! I say they win at LEAST 6 games this year - at least! And if we can get some guys to step up we could be 8-8.....

Not with the injuries though. If we were completely healthy, I would have bought that. Not with how banged up we are. We are heading down the 3 or 4 win at best territory.

Not with the injuries though. If we were completely healthy, I would have bought that. Not with how banged up we are. We are heading down the 3 or 4 win at best territory.

exactly, I also think people are forgetting there may be even more injuries to this team its only been 4 games and we have lost a lot of starters

I don't think we'll win a single game this year, unfortunately. We'll be 0-16. But next year Peyton will be back, we'll pick up some key defensive players in free agency, and we'll have the best draft in the history of the organization. Peyton will lead us to a 13-3 or 14-2 record next year, which will break our own record for the best one season turn around in league history. Manning will get his 5th MVP.

LOL ... The Colts have LOST the last 4 games ... and IMO Painter has not started all season, so "may very well be 3-1" is pointless! I say they have no chance of winning 6 games this year - at most! And if we can get some guys to step up we still won't beat the Saints, Titans, Falcons, Patriots, Ravens, or Texans, nor the Jaguars twice.

Seriously guys, this team, with this secondary and these coaches, is going to suck all year. Painter might improve, and he sure looked better than Collins, but that's not going to be enough. Teams are going to blitz like crazy, they're going to exploit the middle and our clueless CBs, and they're going to run us over as long as our guys are injured, and every game will look just like last night's.

I am still cheering and screaming for this team during the game, but I know that every loss is that much closer to improving this team's future, so it really softens the blow. The sooner you give up this 8-8 dream, the better this season will be for you.

Okay what 6 teams do you see the colts beating?

The Steelers game defense was an aberration from a defensive score point of view. In close games, we have to find a way to win on offense. Unless our offense can put 24 points or more consistently, we cannot rely on our D to win most games for us. Maybe one or two, but not most games since the O-lines of the teams we are going to face will not be nearly as bad as the Steelers' O-line that we faced. If we expect our D to provide a defensive score to seal a game for us, we are in trouble more often than not, especially seeing how banged up we are. If we get Castanzo or Ijalana back, before more injuries pile up, the Chiefs' game will be the most winnable game on the schedule for a while.

Read what I said, I said at most I think we can win five games. I made a point to say I didn't think we would win most of the games left on our schedule. I just felt like with the right effort we COULD win those games it doesn't mean I think they are going to win most of those games.