Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

07-29-13 bold predictions thread

danlhart87

Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck and Carson Palmer will all throw for 5,000 yards.

Cincinatti's Tyler Eifert will be the AFC Rookie of the Year...

Washington, Seattle and the Bears will miss the playoffs....

Denver's Demariyus Thomas will gain 1,500 yards on pass recepetions

The Jets, San Diego and Baltimore will all finish 8-8

Colts win AFC south by virtue of a tie breaker. Go into playoffs with the 3rd seed in the AFC(maybe the 2nd). I think the AFC shakes up looking like this.

Denver(1)

New England(yeah theyve had their bad offseason, they still have Brady)(2)

Indianapolis(3, beats Houston in the 2nd game,)

Houston(4)

Wildcard-Miami

Wildcard-Bengals.

Colts win AFC south by virtue of a tie breaker. Go into playoffs with the 3rd seed in the AFC(maybe the 2nd). I think the AFC shakes up looking like this.

Denver(1)

Houston(4)

Wildcard-Miami

Wildcard-Bengals.

Your playoff standings are messed up. The top 4 seeds are for division winner. So Houston and Indy can't both be top 4 seeds. You'd have to switch Cincy with Houston.

I just went ahead and did some quick research. I checked final standings for the past five full seasons (2008-2012) and counted up the number of combined wins by the AFC East and AFC South. I excluded the Patriots and Colts from the totals.

Going back five years, the Jets/Bills/Dolphins have combined for 110 wins.

Going back five years, the Jags/Titans/Texans have combined for 114 wins.

Was someone saying something about a weak division? ;)  I'm not sure having four more wins over five years makes all that big a difference.

The NFL schedule is derived using a formula. There is absolutely, positively, without even a shred of a doubt no special treatment involved. If you want to talk about the timing of games... meaning, when they're scheduled, travel around it, etc... that's one thing. But if you're talking about a particular team's opponents, that's all determined ahead of time, and on a rotation.

Anyway, bold predictions?

I'm not sure I have any right now. I'll stop back later, lol...

I just went ahead and did some quick research. I checked final standings for the past five full seasons (2008-2012) and counted up the number of combined wins by the AFC East and AFC South. I excluded the Patriots and Colts from the totals.

Was someone saying something about a weak division? ;)  I'm not sure having four more wins over five years makes all that big a difference.

The NFL schedule is derived using a formula. There is absolutely, positively, without even a shred of a doubt no special treatment involved. If you want to talk about the timing of games... meaning, when they're scheduled, travel around it, etc... that's one thing. But if you're talking about a particular team's opponents, that's all determined ahead of time, and on a rotation.

in other news, smoking is bad for your health

Was someone saying something about a weak division? ;) I'm not sure having four more wins over five years makes all that big a difference.

What does 5 years ago have to do with this year? 5 years ago the Cards were in the Superbowl. The Titans were a 1 seed. This year? Nope.

i somewhat agree...but come on.  The AFC East is a joke.  How would you like it if the Colts got to play the Bills, Dolphins, and jaguars twice a year, every year?  LOL  :thmup:

Must be nice for Tom Brady.

The Patriot have the 13th toughest schedule this year to Colts 30th. Last year it was NE 32 Colts 14 the year before  2011 Colts T3 NE T15, 2010 NE 4 Colts 10.

The percentage points that separate them yearly are approximately 5 to 15 (not much). Every team in the league is generally around .500 and there's about 40 percentage points between best and worst. It's a dumb argument. Almost as dumb as the Spygate argument.

What does 5 years ago have to do with this year? 5 years ago the Cards were in the Superbowl. The Titans were a 1 seed. This year? Nope.

Really? Please tell me you are joking? 5 years show a clear pattern. This year NE 13th the Colts 30th.  

in other news, smoking is bad for your health

What does that even mean? Is that supposed to be clever?

Pretty clear from this thread that not everyone understands how the NFL puts teams' schedules together.

Those are cumulative wins in the past five seasons. Trying to come up with a reasonable sample size. The point was that the AFC East is not really any weaker than the AFC South. Divisions have up and down years, but on average, the Colts and Patriots have faced the same (nominal) pressure from within their divisions. Except for the "Suck for Luck" year, of course. ;)

Right now, the Texans are a playoff contender; the Jets went to two conference championship games in a row just a couple of years ago. It all goes in cycles.

What does that even mean? Is that supposed to be clever?

Pretty clear from this thread that not everyone understands how the NFL puts teams' schedules together.

Those are cumulative wins in the past five seasons. Trying to come up with a reasonable sample size. The point was that the AFC East is not really any weaker than the AFC South. Divisions have up and down years, but on average, the Colts and Patriots have faced the same (nominal) pressure from within their divisions. Except for the "Suck for Luck" year, of course. ;)

Right now, the Texans are a playoff contender; the Jets went to two conference championship games in a row just a couple of years ago. It all goes in cycles.

It means everyone who watches the nfl should know the afc east and south have been mediocre. It wasn't a shot at you

He was using the last five years to put in perspective your following quote. . .  "but the league continually gives them easy schedules and their division is weak..." and making a point that things are not what some might see initially . . . the league does not "continually" give anyone an easily schedule, unless we can show a track record of a team always getting the tough teams at home coming off an away MNF, which the league can control . . . short of that it is random in the past and going forward . . .

given the weakness of the two respective divisions the league does not "continually" (i.e. over a period of time) give the pats and easier schedule anymore that the division teams in the two respective divisions . . .

I learned something? News to me.

Yeah I figured he jumped the gun when he said you learned something.

I'll predict that the Cardinals and Browns do NOT finish last in their respective divisions.  In fact, if Todd Bowles can pick up where Ray Horton left off in Arizona then I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cards in the playoffs.  

OK, some of these have been mentioned already, but:

- Seahawks end up being a massive disappointment. Team goes 7-9 and they miss the playoffs. Richard Sherman blames Skip Smith for team's downfall.

- Rookie QBs win starting jobs with the Bills and Jets. Both are replaced by their veteran back-ups by Halloween. Then they win the jobs back by Thanksgiving. And are replaced again by Christmas. Meanwhile, Rex Ryan continues to lose weight and quits coaching abruptly to become a foot model.

- Aaron Rodgers flirts with Tom Brady's 50-TD record but falls just shy. (Record-tying TD pass in final game ruled a lateral on the field. What would have been the record-breaking TD is ruled an interception by one of the replacement refs from last season.)

- Gronk makes it back for Week 1. Is injured in Week 2.

- Gisele Bunchden gets a try-out as a receiver in New England. Belichick says that she has "nice height" and "we're just trying to do what's best for our football team." Plus, "she has obvious chemistry with Tom."

- Aaron Hernandez defense team cites confusion over the popularization of the "pistol offense" as part of their strategy. All attorneys disbarred as a result.

- Peyton Manning stops throwing to Wes Welker when he notices the receiver's #12 tattoo in the shower after a game early in the season. "It's not so much the tattoo itself as it is the location of it," Peyton tells the media the following day. "I just can't throw to the guy anymore."

- After being struck and knocked unconscious by a wayward Tim Tebow pass at practice, Bill Belichick is inexplicably kind and forthcoming with injury information during media sessions. After several weeks of "Bill Light," Bob Kraft instructs Tebow to hit him again to "make him the way he was." Tebow spends the rest of his career trying to duplicate throw; now that he's aiming for him though, he can't hit him.

- Beer stands at Gillette now manned by mortgage experts. (Seriously... it was $12 for a Sam Adams last time I was there. $12? For that much money I could buy and drink enough grain alcohol that I would literally die.)

That's all I got...

Denver(1)

Houston(4)

Wildcard-Miami

Wildcard-Bengals.

That is pretty bold.  Since Two teams in the same division cant hold slots 1-4.    Swap Houston with the Bengals and then you have an expected prediction.

OK, some of these have been mentioned already, but:

- Seahawks end up being a massive disappointment. Team goes 7-9 and they miss the playoffs. Richard Sherman blames Skip Smith for team's downfall.

- Rookie QBs win starting jobs with the Bills and Jets. Both are replaced by their veteran back-ups by Halloween. Then they win the jobs back by Thanksgiving. And are replaced again by Christmas. Meanwhile, Rex Ryan continues to lose weight and quits coaching abruptly to become a foot model.

- Aaron Rodgers flirts with Tom Brady's 50-TD record but falls just shy. (Record-tying TD pass in final game ruled a lateral on the field. What would have been the record-breaking TD is ruled an interception by one of the replacement refs from last season.)

- Gronk makes it back for Week 1. Is injured in Week 2.

- Gisele Bunchden gets a try-out as a receiver in New England. Belichick says that she has "nice height" and "we're just trying to do what's best for our football team." Plus, "she has obvious chemistry with Tom."

- Aaron Hernandez defense team cites confusion over the popularization of the "pistol offense" as part of their strategy. All attorneys disbarred as a result.

- Peyton Manning stops throwing to Wes Welker when he notices the receiver's #12 tattoo in the shower after a game early in the season. "It's not so much the tattoo itself as it is the location of it," Peyton tells the media the following day. "I just can't throw to the guy anymore."

- After being struck and knocked unconscious by a wayward Tim Tebow pass at practice, Bill Belichick is inexplicably kind and forthcoming with injury information during media sessions. After several weeks of "Bill Light," Bob Kraft instructs Tebow to hit him again to "make him the way he was." Tebow spends the rest of his career trying to duplicate throw; now that he's aiming for him though, he can't hit him.

- Beer stands at Gillette now manned by mortgage experts. (Seriously... it was $12 for a Sam Adams last time I was there. $12? For that much money I could buy and drink enough grain alcohol that I would literally die.)

That's all I got...

Honestly..I think Peyton might actually think that in the beginning..

Great post GoPats..that Tebow one is priceless.. :thmup:

Here is the boldest prediction of all..

The Cleveland Browns go 10-6 and win the AFC North.

They start off 5-0 with wins over the Dolphins at home, then 2 straight road wins @ Ravens and @ Vikings..then come back home to wins over the Bengals and Bills. They might even go 6-0 with a win at home over the Lions, before they go to Green Bay and lose.

I wish I coul predict the Pats missing the playoffs but the league continually gives them easy schedules and their division is weak..

To be honest, every division in the AFC is pretty weak, except for the North..

In the West, every team is awful.... 

In the East, you've got atleast 2 more awful teams and a still below-average miami team...

In the South, you've got 2 awful teams..

To be honest, every division in the AFC is pretty weak, except for the North..

In the West, every team is awful....

In the East, you've got atleast 2 more awful teams and a still below-average miami team...

In the South, you've got 2 awful teams..

You're right, except for the West. Denver is elite.

32 bold prediction

49ers dont make the playoffs

seahawks go 5-11

arizona wins the division

rams go 7-9

panthers make the playooffs

falcons dont

saints 1st in nfc

tampa 3-13

bears

jay cutler wins mvp

detroit first in divison

greenbay go 3-3 in divison

vikings ap rush for 2700 yards and 23 tds , ponder makes the prowbowl

cowboys win the divison go to nfc title game

redskins rg3 turns into kordell stewart

giants nassib outplayes eli

eagles riley cooper is suddenly a hero after his catch get past the wildcard round

Chargers , rivers body becomes like harry potter arm in second movie after dj fluker see someone eating maccas in crowd as he chase them. rivers wishes he had blindside micheal oher protecting him.

Raiders - the raiders raid all the other teams cuts and become a team of respectability , flynn chanells arod . raiders considered geniuses

broncos - they get Clowning for clowney , gets the second pick. miller and clowney combine for 60 sacks. clowney is considered the best ever after his 40 sacks

chiefs - Dwayne bowe gets 2000 recieving yards

Jaguars - they dont have a bold predicyion they are just suck

titans -Kendall wright get 1500 yards 12 tds

texans - jj watt wish luck was qb after he tips schuab for the 17th time in practice

colts - colts go 16-0  and win the superbowl vontae davis wins superbow mvp for his 4 picks , 1 force fumble

bengals - bengals win a playoff game

steelers - big ben goes down. landry jones takes over and outplays big bens

ravens - flacco plays like kyle boller

browns - browns go.500 , fans celebrate like they won the superbowl

bills - ej manuel is next coming of donavan mcnabb

pats aarron hernadez the pats db as gets 13 recs 200 yards against them

jets kevin winslow gets 100 receptions

dolphins - ryan tannehill becomes the next marino