Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TribStarTJames: Fans shouldn't react too strongly on who was working with the first or second teams on offense or defense after one walkthrough practice.

@TribStarTJames: Several positions are in flux and there will be rotation at those spots. Nothing written in ink until later in the training camp workouts.

@TribStarTJames: The real key will be to see how the two-deeps are listed prior to the first preseason game. Until then, just about everything is in flux.

On a similar note, I will never forget before the 1995 AFC Title game, a story was ran on ESPN that the NFL was embarrassed the Colts might make it to the Super Bowl and really wanted the Steelers to win.   Now, may have all been made up, but that shows you no respect.

Been bouncing back & forth from ESPN & the NFL Network of * looking for Colts stuff , So far ESPN had a interview with 12 nothing on the NFL netweak :thmup:  . They were talking about Rex Ryan & the Jets  which I'm sure every fan in the NFL really cares about .

Peyton Manning was the main reason the Colts ever got any air time . The media will be late to the party here in Indy especially Marshall Faulk who rarely has anything good to say about his former team .

The media in on the RG3 bandwagon which IMO places alot of undue pressure on the second year QB let him have all the attention @ the end of the day , I honestly believe RG3 is a sideshow that will not play out his rookie contract & that his best years of football are behind him ..

I'd like to challenge the guys on the networks to talk about the Colts without saying Luck, Reggie, and Mathis names. They may not know anyone else on the team.

I kind of like it that way. Lots of room on this bandwagon.

anyway we can find out when nfl network is airing the colts training camp?

Like I said earlier, don't count on much coverage of our work. I'm watching NFL Network now and all they're talking about are the Saints, Broncos, and other teams but the Colts. Your best bet is to stay here on the forum and get info, articles, & interviews from here. Also, if you own a iphone or android phone download the Colts app as that also will be a great information source.

Hope this helps

Like I said earlier, don't count on much coverage of our work. I'm watching NFL Network now and all they're talking about are the Saints, Broncos, and other teams but the Colts. Your best bet is to stay here on the forum and get info, articles, & interviews from here. Also, if you own a iphone or android phone download the Colts app as that also will be a great information source.

Hope this helps

NFL network has Kim Jones there and it's a picture of her up on twitter interviewing Luck in the parking lot after this mornings walk through so that should be coming up

Hope this helps

I agree whole heartily T-Knight . I just brought up the web page for the NFL Netweak the last story about the Colts was about Ty Hilton a few days ago .

Thats why I keep checking in here .. :colts:   The :nfl: Netweak are the :goat: 's  of the media .. But at least they had a decent pic of Reggie ..

0ap1000000222126.jpg

This Colts app looks great TKnight. Never even thought to look.

:thmup: Glad I could help

Make sure you have the right one though lol. It's impersonating apps claiming to be a Colts app. Also; in the fanzone section there's wallpapers of colts stuff for your mobile device and alot of other cool stuff. Be sure to check out the "Colts Upclose" segment with Jim Sorgi for additional information about the team

Was looking around & read this

Adongo’s raw talent caught the personnel staff’s eye. Once he’s able to acclimate himself to his new surroundings — and new sport — he expects his rugby traits to be an asset. Initially, he’ll be used as a pass rusher.

“A lot of stuff I was doing in rugby correlates,” he said. “A lot of tackling. A lot of aggression. A lot of physicality.”

What does he bring to the Colts?

“Servitude, loyalty, aggression, physicality and being a team man,” he said. “Being the person I am, I went with my gut feeling. If something feels right, I’m not going to dodge (it) or second-guess myself.

“Rugby is always going to be there. To have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity felt right to me.”

Watched a lil youtube the dude slams into people he's 6'5  250 something & he plays hard with no fear . He is a good story I hope he makes it rugby players are just animals give them pads & a helmet & its like what do I need with these . :clap:

Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but Rookie OG Hugh Thornton was seen in walking boot this morning. Hopefully nothing too serious.

Yeah; I believe HTownColt posted a tweet about here above. Probably nothing to serious since he's at least walking around.

Hope this helps

TK I think your taking this too seriously about the other teams getting more attention. Could that be because they have been in training camp for a week and all we have had so far was a short walk through. :dunno:    I would think there will be more coverage when we get farther along into camp. JMO :)

TK I think your taking this too seriously about the other teams getting more attention. Could that be because they have been in training camp for a week and all we have had so far was a short walk through. :dunno: I would think there will be more coverage when we get farther along into camp. JMO :)

The most coverage I've seen from us was Reggie's heli ride. Walkthrough or not, they could do something other than repeat that Pitta & Maclin are out for the season. They have reporters at all 32 camps yet only 5 are getting attention. That's all I'm saying Susie. The bills started around the time we did and they've gotten more exposure than us

Hope this helps

we havent even started practice yet so theres nothing to report

TK I think your taking this too seriously about the other teams getting more attention. Could that be because they have been in training camp for a week and all we have had so far was a short walk through. :dunno:    I would think there will be more coverage when we get farther along into camp. JMO :)

Sorry Susie Q but I believe TK is right based on what I'v seen . ESPN had a interview with 12 in there coverage this morning & THE wink wink NFL network have had several stories about the JETS  Ryan & Sanchez - A big market team that is'nt even news worthy , Compared to Luck & Pagano a small market team that was successful .

Just like when Reggie Miller was a Pacer , Remember the headlines " Hicks versus the Knicks ". Indiana gets very lil love from the main stream media .

we havent even started practice yet so theres nothing to report

Colts App would beg to differ. It's like 4 videos of interviews from our guys. It's not even so much as our coverage; alot of teams are practicing as we speak but they're covering the same teams. Feels like Ladainian Tomlinson has been on my tv forever.

Colts App would beg to differ. It's like 4 videos of interviews from our guys. It's not even so much as our coverage; alot of teams are practicing as we speak but they're covering the same teams. Feels like Ladainian Tomlinson has been on my tv forever.

its walkthroughs, not really practice

News from Twitter you guys

@mchappell51: #colts GM Ryan Grigson reiterated teams disappointment with offseason troubles of Brazill, Lefeged,Saunders. 'We expect more'

@mchappell51: #colts anticipate LB Josh McNary reporting to camp Tuesday. Wrapping up military obligations