Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or does Luck always struggle in practice? I still wonder if he has the arm to be a true great .Just sayin.

Dude launched the ball nearly 50 yards while falling forward in college.  Threw 75 yards into the wind at his pro-day.

He's got the arm strength.  

Biggest fear with Andrew Luck is that sometimes he tries to do too much.  

But he has all the tools to be a great player for the next 15 years. 

Yes, its you. And Luck's arm is better than Peyton Manning's ever was.

No bleeping way. Peyton had a rifle and was better at sqeezing the ball into tight spots. Luck may be able to throw it farther, but who cares about that? Peyton was more accurate and able to throw through smaller windows.

No bleeping way. Peyton had a rifle and was better at sqeezing the ball into tight spots. Luck may be able to throw it farther, but who cares about that? Peyton was more accurate and able to throw through smaller windows.

Peyton never had a rifle. He was just so good at reading defenses and putting the ball where the defender wasn't/couldn't be.

Peyton also throws a fair amount of those wounded duck passes. So he's far from a perfect passer.

I say trade Fleener and go with a 3wr set of Reggie, TY and Whalen with Allen starting te.DHB drops are probably going to be an issue.

If not for Goodluck, I would have no bad luck.....

Fleener and Allen are set to shine....mark the old dog's word GoodLuck.  TE sets are the norm with Pep....read Kevin Bowen's most recent blog. :thmup:

You got that from both their rookie seasons? Wow. Nice piece of analysis. Ore are you matching Peyton's 14 seasons v 1 of Lucks?

Andrew Mishler @andrewmishler 15m

Hasselbeck hits Kelley for a deep sideline pass in drills. Him and Luck were both missing their marks slightly before that.

Andrew Mishler @andrewmishler 4m

I like what I've seen from Jeremy Kelley so far. Big TE-like frame, but runs smoothly and catches the ball well. Consistent.

Andrew Mishler @andrewmishler 1m

Rookie RB Kerwynn Williams is taking second-team reps in the hurry-up offense.

@andrewmishler: First play of 11-on-11, Luck throws slightly behind Wayne and it gets deflected up by Toler, but Reggie adjusts and catches it anyway.

@andrewmishler: Deep bomb over the middle to DHB from Luck lands perfectly in his hands...and he drops it.

@andrewmishler: And here we go. Griff Whalen just caught a pass from Luck. Yes, with the first team.

@gmbremer: Another good defensive play by CB Greg Toler, who closed late and knocked away pass intended for Dwayne Allen. #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: T.Y. Hilton with the catch of the day so far, a diving reception deep down the sideline. #ColtsCamp

@andrewmishler: And here we go. Griff Whalen just caught a pass from Luck. Yes, with the first team.

@gmbremer: Another good defensive play by CB Greg Toler, who closed late and knocked away pass intended for Dwayne Allen. #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: T.Y. Hilton with the catch of the day so far, a diving reception deep down the sideline. #ColtsCamp

Considering there isn't much game-day pressure, Toler is ballin'. Making soo many plays

Griff Whalen will definitely make the 53 man roster as 4th/5th receiver. I'm sure we will add one more between Kelly and Palmer.

Sure looks that way.  But when Brazil gets back, one of them will be cut.  Whalen appears to be the real deal.  He just has to keep on the field. 

That's 4 games for 2 receivers to make the coaches realize that Brazill is a waste of time.

Nathan Palmer or Big Kelley might be the one to do it. Cause Griff Whalen will probably stay on the 53 if he stays healthy

So it could be

Reggie Wayne

DHB (If his sorry hands improve)

Ty Hilton

Griff Whalen

Brazill/Palmer/Kelley

My brother & I sat in frustration last night also between espn & nfl network. We saw 1 short clip on sophomore qb's. Good talk on Luck, but half the time that RGIII got ( he is going to be another first round flop soon). The media is awful. We cringed everytime we saw something on the Cowboys. Not even a playoff team & they own the preseason tv time. Hope we have a good camp, forget the preseason games & let's watch some football. Preseason is dragged on way to far.