Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bjorn Werner agrees in principle to contract

lollygagger8

ger•mi•nate (ˈdʒɜr məˌneɪt) 

v. -nat•ed, -nat•ing. v.i.

1. to begin to grow or develop.
a. to develop into a plant or individual, as a seed, spore, or bulb.
b. to put forth shoots; sprout.
3. to come into existence; begin.

v.t.

4. to cause to sprout.
5. to cause to come into existence.
[1600–10; < Latin germinātus, past participle of germināre to sprout, bud, derivative of germen; see germ]
ger′mi•na•ble (-nə bəl) adj.
ger`mi•na′tion, n.
ger′mi•na`tor, n.

It's just awkward now that I made the connection. 

Personally, I'm looking forward to watching 3 1/2 hours of Hardcore Bjorn every Sunday. Which, isn't much different than what I typically do. Which, in the aforementioned case, involves 22 men. This is starting to make me very uncomfortable. I'm just saying that.......nevermind. 

I......I really don't like that nick. 

It makes me think he's going to go out on the field and squirt moisture as to make seeds grow. 

Yeah, let's lose "The Germinator" nickname.....PERIOD.

Actually 'Bjorn' means 'bear'...maybe there is a nickname possibility there.

v.t.

4. to cause to sprout.
[1600–10; < Latin germinātus, past participle of germināre to sprout, bud, derivative of germen; see germ]
ger`mi•na′tion, n.
ger′mi•na`tor, n.

Personally, I'm looking forward to watching 3 1/2 hours of Hardcore Bjorn every Sunday. Which, isn't much different than what I typically do. Which, in the aforementioned case, involves 22 men. This is starting to make me very uncomfortable. I'm just saying that.......nevermind. 

Squirting moisture, hardcore Bjorn, 22 men O.o ,  I'm starting to think you have too much time on your hands Ruk. haha

v.t.

4. to cause to sprout.
ger`mi•na′tion, n.
ger′mi•na`tor, n.

I think you deserve a ban for that last bit there....

By the way, I don't like "The Germinator" either, but that's just because is corny. You're on another level, pal.

I think you deserve a ban for that last bit there....

By the way, I don't like "The Germinator" either, but that's just because is corny. You're on another level, pal.

Yes, it always surprised me that long time poster's, such as he get's special consideration, when they make such references. This poster made a comment about me "shooting myself in the head, with a shotgun", and nothing was even mentioned. The post has since been deleted. They need to be more consistency within the forum.

Yes, it always surprised me that long time poster's, such as he get's special consideration, when they make such references. This poster made a comment about me "shooting myself in the head, with a shotgun", and nothing was even mnetioned. The post has since been deleted. They need to be more consistency within the forum.

Yikes ....hold on there cowboy. 

The "special consideration" here has gotten me plenty of whacks with the mod stick. Do not pretend you know what happens behind the scenes. 

I didn't make a comment about you shooting yourself in the head with a shotgun. Dramatic much? You said you bet 50 large on the Colts winning the SB. I find that...disturbing and made a bad joke. Sorry if you can't laugh at yourself as much as I laugh at myself. 

To each his own, I suppose. If you had issue with it, use the report feature and the mods will delete any comments that were inappropriate and hand out infraction points if deemed necessary. 

I apologize if you were offended. 

Yes, it always surprised me that long time poster's, such as he get's special consideration, when they make such references. This poster made a comment about me "shooting myself in the head, with a shotgun", and nothing was even mentioned. The post has since been deleted. They need to be more consistency within the forum.

I was joking, and so was the other poster.

Since you brought it up, though... If you have an issue with a post, you can report the post for consideration by the moderators. If you have an issue specifically with moderation, you can contact a moderator via PM to discuss. Please refrain from discussing moderation on the board. Thank you.

I was joking, and so was the other poster.

Since you brought it up, though... If you have an issue with a post, you can report the post for consideration by the moderators. If you have an issue specifically with moderation, you can contact a moderator via PM to discuss. Please refrain from discussing moderation on the board. Thank you.

I already knew the reply before clicking on it. :facepalm:  :rollseyes:

v.t.

4. to cause to sprout.
ger`mi•na′tion, n.
ger′mi•na`tor, n.

Thanks for scientifically breaking it down for us with a weird ending.

Good money for a guy who wont start

I'm pretty nervous about this guy, actually. Not to be a Buzz Killington but Werner could be just a pedestrian pick that sees little action. Or, he could be the next Jared Allen or JJ Watt....or anything in between. 

I don't know anything about the kid. Anyone that does is welcome to tell me why they think he'll be anything of consequence? 

I'm pretty nervous about this guy, actually. Not to be a Buzz Killington but Werner could be just a pedestrian pick that sees little action. Or, he could be the next Jared Allen or JJ Watt....or anything in between. 

I don't know anything about the kid. Anyone that does is welcome to tell me why they think he'll be anything of consequence? 

To be fair, that really could be said of pretty much every player that has ever been drafted.  ;)

@mchappell51: After getting Bjoern Werner done, #colts approx. $5.95 mill under the cap. I'm not exact, but I'm darned close.

@mchappell51: Breakdown of #colts LB Bjoern Werner's contract: 4 yrs, $7,896,398; SB $4,122,835; $6,414,617 guaranteed. 2013 cap: $1,435,708.

To be fair, that really could be said of pretty much every player that has ever been drafted.   ;)

You're actually one of the folks I wanted to hear some breakdown from. More studious about college players than the average fan, by far, I'd like to hear why you think he may shine, be it in year one or down the road? 

As well, I agree that every drafted player is (essentially) a blank slate in terms of possibilities. I'm just not the type to get excited about any draft pick based on hope. I prefer something else to drive my excitement over a player that hasn't played a snap yet. 

To be fair, that really could be said of pretty much every player that has ever been drafted.   ;)

I think he is a good player and doesnt need much development, pretty nfl ready , just needs to learn Paganos system

I may be wrong but believe it was said before draft that his upside isnt absolutely the highest but he is more ready than most to go in a get the job done, Just not a freakish athlete like Pierre Paul or Watts but how many are

He's got good strength and size. His athleticism is underrated. He's multi-dimensional. He plays the run and the pass well and he brings an X-factor with his ability and instincts to swat passes out of the air. His first step is very good and he has pretty good instincts as well. While he's very well-rounded, he's not particularly great at any one thing. As Mike Mayock says, "he not great at anything, but good at everything."

Though his athleticism is underrated, he plays stiff and doesn't have top end speed. This will probably slightly hamper him in coverage and being able to beat athletic tackles around the edge. His motor also runs hot and cold.

He also has high ceiling due to the fact that he doesn't have all of his pass rush moves developed yet. 

He's probably going to turn out to be a player like Paul Kruger. A guy who's not the primary pass rusher on the team, but a very good compliment.

IMO, his absolute ceiling is Chris Long or Terrell Suggs. 

He's got good strength and size. His athleticism is underrated. He's multi-dimensional. He plays the run and the pass well and he brings an X-factor with his ability and instincts to swat passes out of the air. His first step is very good and he has pretty good instincts as well. While he's very well-rounded, he's not particularly great at any one thing. As Mike Mayock says, "he not great at anything, but good at everything."

Though his athleticism is underrated, he plays stiff and doesn't have top end speed. This will probably slightly hamper him in coverage and being able to beat athletic tackles around the edge. His motor also runs hot and cold.

He also has high ceiling due to the fact that he doesn't have all of his pass rush moves developed yet. 

He's probably going to turn out to be a player like Paul Kruger. A guy who's not the primary pass rusher on the team, but a very good compliment.

IMO, his absolute ceiling is Chris Long or Terrell Suggs. 

I agree with the majority of this.  I think he definitely has the capability to be even better than Kruger and to be more effective earlier than Kruger was.  I also agree about Werner being good at everything but not necessarily elite at any one thing.  

The one thing I'm not so sure on is the motor running hot and cold.  It may have looked that way at times, but that could also have been simple exhaustion.  Remember that FSU's other starting DE and primary pass rusher, Brandon Jenkins, missed most of the season due to injury.  Also, Tank Carradine was hindered by injuries so likely wasn't as effective as he could have been.  As far as I know, Werner had no injury issues in 2012 so he could very well have been playing a lot more than was initially planned due to injuries to their other players.  My hope and belief is that it was more fatigue that made it appear that Werner was taking plays off rather than he was purposely taking plays off.