Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 Allegedly sent nude picture to VCU student.

Pombi9

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shanahan isn't yanking the second pick of the Draft. That's ridiculous. Cousins is not elite. Will probably never be elite. And definitely isn't going to take the reigns from the reigning ROTY, the guy who won the division. And I know you don't believe a single word of what you're typing. Griffin was the best rookie QB last year and his stats and game play reflect it. Cousins will ride the bench every game this year as I believe that Griffin will be ready by week one. "Bobby" isn't going anywhere. And neither is Andy Luck. Or Russell Wilson. They are going to be playing for years to come while Cousins, at this point in time, looks to be a career back-up. You know, like QBs drafted in later rounds tend to be.

I will entirely change my avatar(or anything)to texan's players,if i'm wrong.The bet is simple.At some point during the season,cousins will take his job.

I will entirely change my avatar(or anything)to texan's players,if i'm wrong.The bet is simple.At some point during the season,cousins will take his job.

Alright. I will change mine to something Colts related as well, if you wish. Though I would say that this is a pretty unfair bet on my part.

Robert Griffin was obviously hurt the whole game, which, consequently, affected his game play, and his injury is the cause of him coming out in the first place. Did you even watch the game? And even if you didn't I don't know how you could have possibly missed the whole media uproar. I see you chose to overlook what I thought of your interpretation of the "gimmick offense". He is rushing back because (and we've talked about this before) he is the ultimate competitor and other guys rush back from injuries for the same reason. He has about as much to worry about losing his starting job as #12 up in New England or the one in Indiana. The "dirty pic scandal" has already been disproven, but I see you've overlooked that part of the thread as well. Sigh. Come on man, you don't have to tear other guys down to build others up. Especially when that other is not even the fourth or fifth best QB in this draft class. You want to wager a bet that Cousins remains on the bench all season? Barring another injury to Griffin?

After several thorough google searches I am unable to find one writer or article that has any evidence that is able to disprove this. I am not saying this happened definitively by any means, but I would love to see your source or means of determining this. (besides his upbringing and conservative views because those are the only points I have seen in this thread thus far.) I was under the impression we were still waiting for evidence from one side or the other to present itself before making a decision on this.

After several thorough google searches I am unable to find one writer or article that has any evidence that is able to disprove this. I am not saying this happened definitively by any means, but I would love to see your source or means of determining this. (besides his upbringing and conservative views because those are the only points I have seen in this thread thus far.) I was under the impression we were still waiting for evidence from one side or the other to present itself before making a decision on this.

I was merely referring to Stat's post earlier in the thread, but after looking I found this:

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/2013/07/meredith-barber-lied-about-receiving-shirtless-selfie-from-rg3-on-his-wedding-day/

and this:

http://www.idesigntimes.com/articles/6770/20130719/robert-griffin-iii-texted-meredith-barber-night.htm

Those links are as credible as the original story lol. Of course someone looking to make a buck is going to say it was him, and of course someone trying to defend him is going to say it wasn't. Neither side has any proof at the moment.

This is a TMZ dream regardless of the outcome haha.

Totem Pole?

112277-FB~A-Large-Totem-Pole-Stands-Amid

There's a natural joke about laying wood here that SW1 had better avoid & not tell right now.

Regarding RG3's 1st post wedding conversation with his wife, his prospects for female compassion & understanding don't look good at the moment. 1 word comes to mind: Timber! 

Even if Meredith Barber made the whole story up, how does RG3 convince the media that he didn't send Miss Barber the explicit photo in question? Release all the images captured in his phone? I guess you could make the argument that Meredith must prove the picture is legitimate, has not been doctored or altered, & that her reputation is in question not RG3's.

However, a serious accusation of a sexual nature often shields the accuser & puts the other person in the spotlight to prove they are not guilty of the act that they are alleged to have committed.  Now, the previous statement is not intended to blame the victim, especially if sexual harassment actually occurred in this instance. It is only intended to point out that men & male celebrities must be extremely respectful & careful around the opposite sex. No easy solution here. Either RG3 sues Meredith Barber for character deformation or he pays her a large out of court settlement to remain quiet & just walk away IMO.

HMMMMM....what NYJ/NYG player is on the list to show the package?   :)

empire-state-building-night-new-york_267

Nice picture of the Empire State Building Brent. If RG3 was playing a game against the Giants & sent Miss Barber the cell phone picture from the Big Apple, I would bet you that he labels the picture "King Kong."

king_kong_2005_1.jpg

Those links are as credible as the original story lol. Of course someone looking to make a buck is going to say it was him, and of course someone trying to defend him is going to say it wasn't. Neither side has any proof at the moment.

This is a TMZ dream regardless of the outcome haha.

Well if those are indeed the same snapshots from the same phone then that would clear it up. I don't care anyway, I still don't believe it lol

Well if those are indeed the same snapshots from the same phone then that would clear it up. I don't care anyway, I still don't believe it lol

I could recreate that exact text conversation if I was motivated enough lol.

I could recreate that exact text conversation if I was motivated enough lol.

And I could send a picture of boobs to my phone and claim Christina Hendricks sent them to me. Goes the same way lol. I'm sure we'll hear more about this but until anything's conclusive I suppose everyone is welcome to their own opinion on the matter.

And I could send a picture of boobs to my phone and claim Christina Hendricks sent them to me. Goes the same way lol. I'm sure we'll hear more about this but until anything's conclusive I suppose everyone is welcome to their own opinion on the matter.

That's what I meant when I said neither had proof. It's all just hearsay and speculation lol.

I was also to believe the picture or Maria as your avatar was a personal one she sent you. Is this wrong?

That's what I meant when I said neither had proof. It's all just hearsay and speculation lol.

I was also to believe the picture or Maria as your avatar was a personal one she sent you. Is this wrong?

No, you're right. You probably won't believe me but she sent it to me about 2 months ago. All truth, I swear. ;)

So the people at Deadspin are Luck fans attempting to make Griffin bad? Or is the crazy blonde a closet Colts fan?

It's not just the people at Deadspin, it's the people who keep going on and on about why Luck is better than RG3. We've already seen an entire season of both of them play. I get that he isn't on our team, but it just seems at times there is quite a bit of an effort not to give RG3 credit for being a very good young quarterback. Now it seems they are spending xyz amount of time trying to feed us the line that he has bad morals/bad character. To me it's getting old. Just my nickel and dimes worth of opinion.

It's not just the people at Deadspin, it's the people who keep going on and on about why Luck is better than RG3. We've already seen an entire season of both of them play. I get that he isn't on our team, but it just seems at times there is quite a bit of an effort not to give RG3 credit for being a very good young quarterback. Now it seems they are spending xyz amount of time trying to feed us the line that he has bad morals/bad character. To me it's getting old. Just my nickel and dimes worth of opinion.

I get that, but that's not really what the thread was about. I'm sure this would have been a story if it was any high profile player. Plus, it seems most people realize this story has about a 5% of being true.

I think Krunk's comment has less to do with the article and more about how it is, for the second time, posted on this forum, despite the fact that the girl recanted and admitted she was lying, as another poster mentioned. I see what Krunk is saying, unless I took his message wrong and if so he can correct me. But whenever something is posted about Robert Griffin it is always something trying to paint him in a negative light. You know what I'm talking about. At the same time we get 10,000 AL articles breeming with positive things to say. Of course it is a Colts site and the AL thing is expected but it seems everyone tries to go out of their way to make a point of picking at everything Griffin does. Like I said earlier, I hope that goes away and we see the same respect given to Brady around here. Griffin and 12 definitely respect each other a great deal. I don't think Griff's done anything bad to not be given the benefit of the doubt on this, especially considering how ridiculous this situation sounds, just as other posters have mentioned.

Oh, I didn't realize this was the second time it had been posted.

To your point about people picking on RG up here, I think that is fair game on a Colts site as you say. It stinks but fans are fans. Perhaps we love our guys to a fault ...

I'm sorry qwis,but you're totally wrong about this.The only other quarterback of that class(which is a good one)that rivals andrew luck is kirk cousins.I think i'll ultimately be proven correct with that prediction.I think cousins is an elite talent,and will become a top 5 quarterback.Its a shame he's currently being wasted,because of political correctness.

I liked what I saw from Cousins as well last year. I liked the way he handled himself when he was drafted which was controversial in and of itself given he was taken in the 4th round right after the Skins gave up the house to get RG.

Stephen A. Smith has said more than once that Shanny actually wanted Tannenhill in the draft and it was not because he didn't like RG but the fact that he didn't want to give up all those picks to get RG. I have always felt from the get go that their relationship has been tense and even got testy at the end of last season.

I have no idea what Shanny thinks of Cousins but it was not hard to like what the guy brough to the table against the Browns and Ravens which were both must win games for the Skins. I really wish he would have come into the Hawks game earlier given RG was so badly hurt and not able to play to his standards. I think if Cousins had the whole 4th quarter to play the skins might have won but then we would be embroiled in a QB drama for sure.

I also think one of the reasons why RG kept trying to come back too soon besides his competitive drive is that he did not want the coaches to get a good look at Cousins. I mean look what happened to Smith in SF. Missed one game due to injury and lost his job. I do think if RG misses any sig. amount of time this season then Cousins will shine. Not sure if he is an elite guy as who can tell that yet but he def. showed that he can handle the limelight and produce in pressure situations. But I think the real issue for Shanny actually sitting RG is how much the Skins gave up for him. It would be more likely that Cousins would be traded (ala Shaub when he was behind Vick) then he would become the starter in DC.

Alright. I will change mine to something Colts related as well, if you wish. Though I would say that this is a pretty unfair bet on my part.

Kirk Cousins isn't even the 2nd best QB on his team.

Kirk cousins has gotten all of the first team reps this off season,and this will continue into training camp and pre-season.They're preparing him as week one starter,so why would they do that einstein?This will result in a complete quarterback controversy outright.He's looked remarkable thus far this off-season,as i also follow the skins,because i'm a big cousins fan.

Kirk cousins has gotten all of the first team reps this off season,and this will continue into training camp and pre-season.They're preparing him as week one starter,so why would they do that einstein?This will result in a complete quarterback controversy outright.He's looked remarkable thus far this off-season,as i also follow the skins,because i'm a big cousins fan.

Do you mind posting or messaging me any links about how Cousins is doing? I would love to read them.

I liked what I saw from Cousins as well last year. I liked the way he handled himself when he was drafted which was controversial in and of itself given he was taken in the 4th round right after the Skins gave up the house to get RG.

Stephen A. Smith has said more than once that Shanny actually wanted Tannenhill in the draft and it was not because he didn't like RG but the fact that he didn't want to give up all those picks to get RG. I have always felt from the get go that their relationship has been tense and even got testy at the end of last season.

I have no idea what Shanny thinks of Cousins but it was not hard to like what the guy brough to the table against the Browns and Ravens which were both must win games for the Skins. I really wish he would have come into the Hawks game earlier given RG was so badly hurt and not able to play to his standards. I think if Cousins had the whole 4th quarter to play the skins might have won but then we would be embroiled in a QB drama for sure.

I also think one of the reasons why RG kept trying to come back too soon besides his competitive drive is that he did not want the coaches to get a good look at Cousins. I mean look what happened to Smith in SF. Missed one game due to injury and lost his job. I do think if RG misses any sig. amount of time this season then Cousins will shine. Not sure if he is an elite guy as who can tell that yet but he def. showed that he can handle the limelight and produce in pressure situations. But I think the real issue for Shanny actually sitting RG is how much the Skins gave up for him. It would be more likely that Cousins would be traded (ala Shaub when he was behind Vick) then he would become the starter in DC.

You've made so many valid points,i don't know where to begin.I see the situation very similiar to you,and i realize the only thing saving RG3 for now,is the fact they morgaged alot of picks to obtain him.And thank you for giving me some honest direct feedback(not even the majority of our colt fans do that).

You've made so many valid points,i don't know where to begin.I see the situation very similiar to you,and i realize the only thing saving RG3 for now,is the fact they morgaged alot of picks to obtain him.And thank you for giving me some honest direct feedback(not even the majority of our colt fans do that).

I think what is saving RG is the fact that he was RoY of the year last year. I mean the guy played ubelievable. Such poise and athleticism but risky too. It is such a delicate balance to be both aggressive and safe. This is the challenge for skins. And also why I think Shanny's and RGs relationship has been tense. I think if they can figure it out and he can play well and stay healthy that they will eventually trade Cousins the way the Falcons did. I do think they drafted him as insurance for RG and it was a brilliant pick. It is not often that you can give credit to the Skins mgmt for anything but it was a savvy football move that may pay big dividends if RG misses any type of sig. time this season.

I think what is saving RG is the fact that he was RoY of the year last year. I mean the guy played ubelievable. Such poise and athleticism but risky too. It is such a delicate balance to be both aggressive and safe. This is the challenge for skins. And also why I think Shanny's and RGs relationship has been tense. I think if they can figure it out and he can play well and stay healthy that they will eventually trade Cousins the way the Falcons did. I do think they drafted him as insurance for RG and it was a brilliant pick. It is not often that you can give credit to the Skins mgmt for anything but it was a savvy football move that may pay big dividends if RG misses any type of sig. time this season.

In your opinion,how well would cousins have to play(RG3 may miss up to 3-6 weeks) to make a case as their true starter?If he's lights out(which i believe he will be),then its gonna be tough to pull him.

In your opinion,how well would cousins have to play(RG3 may miss up to 3-6 weeks) to make a case as their true starter?If he's lights out(which i believe he will be),then its gonna be tough to pull him.

That is a tough question. Not sure who the Skins have on their schedule the first month or so but for sure if he plays lights out then it would be hard to pull him. But here is the rub I think. It depends on how Shanny views it. He is known for pulling QBs kind of like Jim Harbaugh. It depends largely on how well Cousins impresses running the team in training camp and then how he plays. If Shanny feels about him the way Harbaugh felt about Kaep who was a largely unkown second round pick then I think it may be tough for RG but then again RG is no Alex Smith either. ;)

Einstein? Really? You really shouldn't use that name. The shoe doesn't fit....

Kirk.Cousins.Is.Not.The.Starter. He was drafted as a back-up. He will not be taking the job from anyone, there will be no QB controversy. Robert Griffin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kirk Cousins. Kirk Cousins is only getting reps because of Griff's injury. That's it. That's what happens when guys get injured.

Aw come on man don't encourage him. The fact that Cousins looked good against the Browns doesn't impress anyone. Or at least it shouldn't. And he looked horrible against the Seahawks, a team that is actually good. The Colts picked up Chandler Harnish but no controversy came of that either. It isn't because they don't trust their guy it is called due diligence. I would like to hear from Shanahan himself about wanting Tannehill, because Tannehill is an inferior prospect and Shanahan needed a franchise QB to keep his job. Many believe that Tannehill being taken in the first was a big reach and a desperate move by the Dolphins, though I'm not taking anything away from the guy either. It just seems like Griff has a more likely chance than Tannehill does of fitting that franchise QB bill. Cousins hasn't done anything great to warrant a QB controversy and is not even good trade bait for anyone at this point. If teams wanted him he would have been taken sooner than he was in the Draft. People are getting too far ahead of themselves wanting to crown the back-up just because of what happened in SF. (And Kaepernick was taken in the second round, by the way, and it was clear even then that he has the talent to be a franchise QB).

Aw come on man don't encourage him. The fact that Cousins looked good against the Browns doesn't impress anyone. Or at least it shouldn't. And he looked horrible against the Seahawks, a team that is actually good. The Colts picked up Chandler Harnish but no controversy came of that either. It isn't because they don't trust their guy it is called due diligence. I would like to hear from Shanahan himself about wanting Tannehill, because Tannehill is an inferior prospect and Shanahan needed a franchise QB to keep his job. Many believe that Tannehill being taken in the first was a big reach and a desperate move by the Dolphins, though I'm not taking anything away from the guy either. It just seems like Griff has a more likely chance than Tannehill does of fitting that franchise QB bill. Cousins hasn't done anything great to warrant a QB controversy and is not even good trade bait for anyone at this point. If teams wanted him he would have been taken sooner than he was in the Draft. People are getting too far ahead of themselves wanting to crown the back-up just because of what happened in SF. (And Kaepernick was taken in the second round, by the way, and it was clear even then that he has the talent to be a franchise QB).

I didn't say he was top 5 or elite but he he looked impressive against the Browns in his first start and also against the Ravens when he came in in relief and tied the game in regulation and won it in OT. Some QBs do less then that and become starters. Also, the seahawk game is not really a fair shake. He came in with just minutes to go. Had he gotten the chance earlier he may have been able to do something.

In terms of Tannenhill, doubt Shanny will ever say publicly that he wanted him but it would make sense given he would have been able to keep all those draft picks to help rebuild the team. But I agree, RG is a much better QB. My main point was that if RG can't go this season for any length of time and Counsins looks good in relief the way Schaub did in Atlanta then I can see the Skins trading him at some point down the line. Not season this though as they really need him given RG will be still rehabbing. Of course no one knows RGs health going forward so if I am a Skins fan, I am psyched to have a capable guy in the wings. Really it is a win/win for Skins fans.

well its good to see the general misconceptions about the skins' offense being overly "simplified" are alive and well :P

Cousins has promise for sure, but right now it sounds pretty likely to me that Griff will be under center week 1.

I'm just gonna leave this link here, a long with this giant helping of crow I just made.

The Story of Meredith Barber, Robert Griffin III's (Completely Fake, Lying, Fictional) Side Chick

Lol, no one in this entire thread believed this as fact, everyone was cautious about the story and the term allegedly was thrown around more than on the Jim Rome show. We were simply discussing a rather large media story. I know its only your 3rd post, and as a Redskins fan you most likely will not be sticking around and are probably making several little trips to every teams forum to make them all "eat crow" for discussing a new story, but Qwizboy already posted this same basic thing you need to read the whole topic before coming in guns a blazin'. Also if you had bothered to read the topic you would have seen "Blood On the Tracks" Post, which pretty well summed up how we all felt about this, but with 31 other NFL forums to visit tonight to defend your guy I am sure you do not have the time to actually read what any of us had to say.

PS: Also had you read this topic you would have noticed it turn into a Kirk Cousins >RG 3 debate.

I'm just gonna leave this link here, a long with this giant helping of crow I just made.

The Story of Meredith Barber, Robert Griffin III's (Completely Fake, Lying, Fictional) Side Chick

Also the Colts had a similar situation with Manning so if any franchise was going to approach this cautiously it was us. (and we did) And you couldn't even be bothered to read our topic and give us the benefit of the doubt. Also when Manning was eventually proved innocent I didn't see any Colts fans puffing their chest up about it on the internet, it was just kind of something we wanted to bury under the rug and never discuss again. All that being said, your link really proves nothing and is no more evidence than what is being presented against him. Which is pictures of tweet and a persons "first hand accounts". But I still believe there is about a 5% chance of this being true. Same percentage I believed before I read your link, which was really just a longer versions of Qwizboy's with more ads and pictures of RG3.

Also the Colts had a similar situation with Manning so if any franchise was going to approach this cautiously it was us. (and we did) And you couldn't even be bothered to read our topic and give us the benefit of the doubt. Also when Manning was eventually proved innocent I didn't see any Colts fans puffing their chest up about it on the internet, it was just kind of something we wanted to bury under the rug and never discuss again. All that being said, your link really proves nothing and is no more evidence than what is being presented against him. Which is pictures of tweet and a persons "first hand accounts". But I still believe there is about a 5% chance of this being true. Same percentage I believed before I read your link, which was really just a longer versions of Qwizboy's with more ads and pictures of RG3.

Peytons issue was at Tennessee before he came to Indy