Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Great Ijalana Story

lollygagger8

WOW!!!!  This is awesome.  Don't doubt this man people...  

With Castonzo doing well, and the addition of Cherillous, our T's are solid.  The article states he used to be weak in the weight room and now is one of the strongest players on the team.

“In the weight room two years ago, I would have considered Ben weak. Now he’s one of the strongest guys on the team. I’ve seen him move and I’ve seen him play. He definitely, naturally, has it, and I think he’s going to surprise people.”  

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see this guy starting at G for us.  Not just because it would be good for the Colts, but because he seems like a really good guy that has caught some bad breaks with injuries.  I for one, am a BIG Ben Ijalana fan now!

I am a fan & still am. I laugh at people who say hes a bust he has been injured. I liked him when we drafted him , I like him now & my hope is he stays healthy makes the team & works his way into the starting lineup! If this guys stays healthy & lives up to his potential, with the draft picks this year and free agent pickup, our line could be ridiculously GOOD!! Seems like a great kid to!!

If he can make it to the first preseason game, I have no doubt he can show his talents and make the team over a Linkenbach or Justin Anderson Mike McGlynn or Joe Reitz because Ijalana can play both OT/OG. Just have to be healthy

Guest NDColts!!

Most times the player who's injured and unable to play will lose there drive to play in his case it has to be his desire to play an the Colts "believe" he can. Go  Ijalana!

Definitely rooting for him! He definitely was thrown out there too early in his career. He wasn't ready. I remember that game. I actually felt bad for him because he looked like a boy being abused by man monsters, and boom he goes down for the year. Good to know he is now strong enough. I think there is a pretty decent chance he can stay healthy with an improved training and medical staff, if he lives by their advice.

Best of luck Ben!

Definitely rooting for him! He definitely was thrown out there too early in his career. He wasn't ready. I remember that game. I actually felt bad for him because he looked like a boy being abused by man monsters, and boom he goes down for the year. Good to know he is now strong enough. I think there is a pretty decent chance he can stay healthy with an improved training and medical staff, if he lives by their advice.

Best of luck Ben!

?? He actually looked fine in the little playing time he got.

Best of luck Ben!

Ijalana played really well when he got thrown in at Left Tackle for Castonzo, he handled Adrian Clayborne:

"Ijalana played well when given the chance in 2011, shutting down rookie defensive end Adrian Clayborn. Ijalana allowed just one hurry in 23 pass-blocking snaps and helping the Colts' backs run for 59 yards on nine carries, a 6.56 yard average. "

Man I hope his knee holds up. That would be a tremendous boost for us and him. He sounds like a great guy! 

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130719/SPORTS03/307190037/Long-road-back-oft-injured-Colts-tackle-Ben-Ijalana-culminates-training-camp?nclick_check=1

Just read the whole article Lolly, and checked to see it it was posted!  Thanks for getting it to all of the Colts fans buddy!!! :thmup:

I have said this before -- I think, if he is fully recovered, Ijalana can be our best OL.  My buddy played DE at Villanova and practiced across the line from Ben -- he said, hands down Ben Ijalana was the most talented OL he ever lined up against at that level.

I love the positive nature of Coach Pagano's comments as well as AC.  

It really was encouraging to read that Big Ben is stronger and more "athletic" than he had been.  We would get one heck of a boost if he is indeed healthy!  Good luck to Ben Iljalana!!! :td:  :td:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!!

It's nice to read about a person with expectations for himself and who cares about his family. He doesn't expect anything to be handed to him. He knows he has to work for it and will be that much better for it and appreciative of what he can achieve. It's also nice to see the human story. It seems sometimes people talk about athletes and entertainers as if they are not human and have no story, no family, no other identity than the field or screen. I like this kind of article.

Ijalana played really well when he got thrown in at Left Tackle for Castonzo, he handled Adrian Clayborne:

"Ijalana played well when given the chance in 2011, shutting down rookie defensive end Adrian Clayborn. Ijalana allowed just one hurry in 23 pass-blocking snaps and helping the Colts' backs run for 59 yards on nine carries, a 6.56 yard average. "

Thank you. Ben did kick butt and may have proven to be a better LT than AC, who was poor as a pass blocker last season.

Hopefully AC is totally healthy and turns it around in this new offense. He CAN RB for sure. IMO

Ok, let's see: 2 reconstruction surgeries on the same knee, 2 surgeries for torn labrum repairs on both hips, hernia surgery.

I am rooting for Ben like crazy but seriously his chances are very, very slim. I hope our collective prayers help him make it.

Hopefully the workouts helped build his core & legs. A lot easier to get hurt if your range of motion and ability exert force doesn't keep pace with weight training. We'll see.

Ok, let's see: 2 reconstruction surgeries on the same knee, 2 surgeries for torn labrum repairs on both hips, hernia surgery.

I am rooting for Ben like crazy but seriously his chances are very, very slim. I hope our collective prayers help him make it.

I didn't know about the two hip surgeries until I read the article. He's definitely got the odds stacked against him.

• 2 weeks later...