Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck After 2 Minute Warning [Merge]

Everyone

Very impressive stats in that article.

Incredible week-after-week what the Colts offense did in the most pressure-packed situations.

A major reason why the Colts went 11-5 last season and just imagine how deflating those scores were to opponents heading into halftime losing momentum.

To be honest,most,if not all of these big guys do it.I'm hoping they don't decide to test landry halfway through our season.

Yeah, some are more blatantly obvious than others. Some guys are all-natural though. Landry was always big but he really hulked up out of nowhere a couple of seasons ago. Maybe he's self-made too, but to stay on the safe side, you're right, avoiding tests would be a good idea.

Yeah, some are more blatantly obvious than others. Some guys are all-natural though. Landry was always big but he really hulked up out of nowhere a couple of seasons ago. Maybe he's self-made too, but to stay on the safe side, you're right, avoiding tests would be a good idea.

Have you seen the raiders tackle yet?!His name is jared veldheer and the man is HUGE!He makes landry look like tiny tim.In fact,jared might be the biggest man in the NFL.This entire off-season all he did was lift weights virtually non-stop.

Great Dig Bro....  

But ...  it was all "LUCK"..    

hehehe..    I can' help it.

"he's one of just two quarterbacks (rookie or veteran) since 2000 to lead at least 10 successful sub-two-minute drives in one season."

Here is the article by Kyle Rodriguez: NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITE2013-articles/july/luck-historical-greatness-inside-two-minutes.html

Have you seen the raiders tackle yet?!His name is jared veldheer and the man is HUGE!He makes landry look like tiny tim.In fact,jared might be the biggest man in the NFL.This entire off-season all he did was lift weights virtually non-stop.

Nah, I haven't heard of him but sounds insane. Tackles are meant to be bigger but if he's bigger then Landry muscle wise then that's insane. Offensive lineman do need to get more lean to battle these more athletic D-lineman nowadays.

Nah, I haven't heard of him but sounds insane. Tackles are meant to be bigger but if he's bigger then Landry muscle wise then that's insane. Offensive lineman do need to get more lean to battle these more athletic D-lineman nowadays.

Cat on the left:

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/3/25/4147880/oakland-raiders-jared-veldheer-is-yoked-power-blocking-scheme

I'm really surprised that most have never heard of jared veldheer.If you factor in his age,with ability,he's the best LT in all of football.The guy gets zero respect,because he plays for the raiders.I would be THRILLED,if INDY could get him!

I'm really surprised that most have never heard of jared veldheer.If you factor in his age,with ability,he's the best LT in all of football.The guy gets zero respect,because he plays for the raiders.I would be THRILLED,if INDY could get him!

Hey, if he's versatile and can play RT too (and with his size I have no doubt he could play any position) I wouldn't mind bringing him to the H to shore up the right side, either. :)

Hey, if he's versatile and can play RT too (and with his size I have no doubt he could play any position) I wouldn't mind bringing him to the H to shore up the right side, either. :)

He's absolutely fantastic!I would pick him over clady(without any hesitation).He's also a great guy for any community,and never had any issues.He's very soft spoken and quiet.I've been beating his drum for a long time.I really hope the colts bring him in!

Do you remember that season when jared allen was on a sack terror?The only game he didn't get a sack was agains't the raiders and veldheer dominated him ONE ON ONE(no double teams).

Do you remember that season when jared allen was on a sack terror?The only game he didn't get a sack was agains't the raiders and veldheer dominated him ONE ON ONE(no double teams).

Insanity. I wonder how he's going to fare against the S.W.A.T.T. team this season though. Gonna be a fun match-up.

Insanity. I wonder how he's going to fare against the S.W.A.T.T. team this season though. Gonna be a fun match-up.

We also play him as well,in fact our first game.Its a MIGHTY big test for our young  3-4 guys.Our backers will get zero help on that side,since veldheer will dominate our end.I'm concerned with dealing with him.

We also play him as well,in fact our first game.Its a MIGHTY big test for our young 3-4 guys.Our backers will get zero help on that side,since veldheer will dominate our end.I'm concerned with dealing with him.

Yep. A real test for the rookie Werner his first game in the league. Their QB might not be very good though so all that o-line potential might be wasted lol

Nice article, but headlines like this make me roll my eyes: "LUCK: HISTORICAL GREATNESS INSIDE TWO MINUTES" It's only 1 season people. Remember Cam Newton's rookie year & his sophomore season? 

Let's refrain on "historical greatness" for now okay. I don't see blue & white SB confetti dropping from the rafters just yet do you? Let's see how Luck performs when defenses adjust to his game. Will he, in turn, follow suit as well? I don't automatically assume that Luck will flourish right where he left off last season. I am cautiously optimistic, but not absolutely certain of that fact either. 

Nice article, but headlines like this made me roll my eyes: "LUCK: HISTORICAL GREATNESS INSIDE TWO MINUTES" It's only 1 season people. Remember Cam Newton's rookie year & his sophomore season? 

Let's refrain on "historical greatness" for now okay. I don't see blue & white SB confetti dropping from the rafters just yet do you? 

Actually,i do.I think its between us,houston,denver and the pats(both denver and the pats are already limping into the season) to represent the AFC in the superbowl.

Too bad the Colts didn't draft him as they should have had at least an inside track to check him out. Howard Mudd was still with us in 2009 and that was this kid's senior season at tiny Hillsdale College. It only has around 1100 students and they play division two football. Mudd , I believe , along with Chester Marcol (PK) were the only NFL players to come out of Hillsdale before Veldheer was drafted. 

I was at Hillsdale the same years that Chester Marcol was there. He was an amazing  kicker that held the longest FG record at 63 yards for quite a few years. Also held (pretty sure on this )the record for consecutive extra points for a whiie with over a 100. Anyway , Vedheer was taken in the third round at No. 69 and that's pretty early considering the competition he played against. I would bet that Mudd at least was alerted considering his ties to Hillsdale.

Nice article, but headlines like this make me roll my eyes: "LUCK: HISTORICAL GREATNESS INSIDE TWO MINUTES" It's only 1 season people. Remember Cam Newton's rookie year & his sophomore season? 

Let's refrain on "historical greatness" for now okay. I don't see blue & white SB confetti dropping from the rafters just yet do you? Let's see how Luck performs when defenses adjust to his game. Will he, in turn, follow suit as well? I don't automatically assume that Luck will flourish right where he left off last season. I am cautiously optimistic, but not absolutely certain of that fact either. 

Why does everyone think that Cam Newton "fell off a cliff" in his sophomore season ? 

Other than his rushing TD's falling from 14 to 8 , his stats are pretty much the same in both years. His problem was playing for a mediocre team that had a very tough first half schedule. IMO , he played pretty well the first half but the team only won on e of it's first 7 games. Newton , who was expected to play like a cross between Montana and Superman was blamed for the losses . To make matters worse , he was a terrible interview following the losses. 

Fact is , he played just fine in 2012 and they won 5 of their last 6 games. If you look at his stats and individual game logs , you'll see that it was perception and not fact that he fell off from his rookie year. 

Actually,i do.I think its between us,houston,denver and the pats(both denver and the pats are already limping into the season) to represent the AFC in the superbowl.

I can respect that prediction Indiana Jones, but I still think INDY is gonna make a SB run next season not now. We are almost there, but not quite.  My AFC SB contenders are Houston, Denver, & NE.

NFC SB contenders are Seattle, Saints [Due to DC Rob Ryan], and 49ers...

Why does everyone think that Cam Newton "fell off a cliff" in his sophomore season ? 

Other than his rushing TD's falling from 14 to 8 , his stats are pretty much the same in both years. His problem was playing for a mediocre team that had a very tough first half schedule. IMO , he played pretty well the first half but the team only won on e of it's first 7 games. Newton , who was expected to play like a cross between Montana and Superman was blamed for the losses . To make matters worse , he was a terrible interview following the losses. 

Fact is , he played just fine in 2012 and they won 5 of their last 6 games. If you look at his stats and individual game logs , you'll see that it was perception and not fact that he fell off from his rookie year. 

No, he didn't play fine last season. Naturally, no one expected Cam to duplicate throwing for over 4,000 yards in his second season, but he can't rally troops in the huddle. He just puts a towel over his head, pouts, & disappears. Cam is no leader IMO. I don't care what happened in the last half of the season. Too little; too late with no emotional maturity IMO.  

Get a 14 point lead & Cam is done. He can't dig his team out of a hole or at least he hasn't shown me that he is capable of doing that yet. 

No, he didn't play fine last season. Naturally, no one expected Cam to duplicate throwing for over 4,000 yards in his second season, but he can't rally troops in the huddle. He just puts a towel over his head, pouts, & disappears. Cam is no leader IMO. I don't care what happened in the last half of the season. Too little; too late with no emotional maturity IMO.  

Get a 14 point lead & Cam is done. He can't dig his team out of a hole or at least he hasn't shown me that he is capable of doing that yet. 

You have lost me . Maybe you can help me out a bit. Your post seems to infer that Cam Newton played better in his rookie year than sophomore year .

You say....

"Nice article, but headlines like this make me roll my eyes: "LUCK: HISTORICAL GREATNESS INSIDE TWO MINUTES" It's only 1 season people. Remember Cam Newton's rookie year & his sophomore season? "

2011 He threw for 4051 yards with 517 attempts. 21 TDs and 17 Ints  QB rating of 84.5

2012  He threw for 3969 yards with 485 attempts. 19 Tds and 12 Ints  QB rating of 86.2

182 less passing yards is just not a big deal nor would it even be considered a drop off as he threw less passes.

So where is this "drop off"  you speak of ? Unless you mean his maturity level dropped off in 2012 ? The team won more games in 2012 and scored more points. Are you saying he was mature in 2011 and a bad leader and immature in 2012. 

What I'm saying is if you think Cam Newton was stinky in 2012 and if I think he played "pretty well " ... that really isn't the issue. I just don't see where the "drop off " is. If you think he's a lousy QB , I won't argue that and we all know he's a baby. I just fail to see how this applies to what you posted regarding Andrew Luck.

You have lost me . Maybe you can help me out a bit. Your post seems to infer that Cam Newton played better in his rookie year than sophomore year .

You say....

"Nice article, but headlines like this make me roll my eyes: "LUCK: HISTORICAL GREATNESS INSIDE TWO MINUTES" It's only 1 season people. Remember Cam Newton's rookie year & his sophomore season? "

2011 He threw for 4051 yards with 517 attempts. 21 TDs and 17 Ints  QB rating of 84.5

2012  He threw for 3969 yards with 485 attempts. 19 Tds and 12 Ints  QB rating of 86.2

182 less passing yards is just not a big deal nor would it even be considered a drop off as he threw less passes.

So where is this "drop off"  you speak of ? Unless you mean his maturity level dropped off in 2012 ? The team won more games in 2012 and scored more points. Are you saying he was mature in 2011 and a bad leader and immature in 2012. 

What I'm saying is if you think Cam Newton was stinky in 2012 and if I think he played "pretty well " ... that really isn't the issue. I just don't see where the "drop off " is. If you think he's a lousy QB , I won't argue that and we all know he's a baby. I just fail to see how this applies to what you posted regarding Andrew Luck.

What I am saying is this: Cam Newton had a remarkable rookie campaign as did Andrew Luck. Now, I do not expect a duplicate performance in either case as a field general. Just because a rookie QB set the world on fire in his 1st first year that doesn't necessarily translate into making a tremendous leap that will leave 31 other teams scorched in INDY's wake either.

I'm not a stat guy; never have been & I never will be. I'm a locker room chemistry,  team confidence, & public relations guy. I'm not disputing your numbers dw49. I'm sure that they accurate; it's just isn't the measuring stick I typically use that's all. I'm not requesting that Luck set the world on fire. Just hold expectations in check & don't burn the franchise down either...

People seem to make the blind assumption that Andrew Luck great football attributes make his future greatness inevitable like a predestination or foregone conclusion "So it shall be written so it shall be down like some sort of mythical NFL prophecy. I just refuse to blindly subscribe to that theory. Natural talent is not automatically synonymous with greatness in my book. 

Nice article, but headlines like this make me roll my eyes: "LUCK: HISTORICAL GREATNESS INSIDE TWO MINUTES" It's only 1 season people. Remember Cam Newton's rookie year & his sophomore season?

cam has yet too have a winning record