Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's Mid-July; Do you know where your QB is hanging out?

NewColtsFan

This week, Luck has been at the Peyton Manning passing academy as a camp counselor....

Bayone and I were talking in another thread....   I was saying that Luck admires Peyton more than any other NFL QB (player) by far...

When Luck was at Stanford,  after he had played two years (his 3rd year on campus) he was being told that if he turned pro he'd be the #1 pick in the draft....

Luck didn't consult with a lot of people....   family, coach Harbaugh and a few others....   the only NFL player he contacted was......   Peyton Manning.

I think there's a really nice symmetry of Luck replacing his idol and yet not feeling doing that is too big for him that I just really like and admire....

I think Colin Cowherd said it best....

Having Peyton Manning and then turning around and getting Andrew Luck is like a basketball team having Michael Jordan, and then being able to draft Kobe Bryant.   

And somewhere in Green Bay, Rodgers is wishing he had this kind of relationship with Favre. Good to see that there is no animosity between them. Till gameday comes, anyway. haha

farvehas no reason to be mad it was his own fault they moved on you can't keep retiring and unretiring and expect to stay a starter

farvehas no reason to be mad it was his own fault they moved on you can't keep retiring and unretiring and expect to stay a starter

He only retired once from the Packers. And even when he came back he was still the starter on every team he was on. I think his displeasure at Rodgers came from the fact that GB picked him in the first round. That would be akin to the Patriots or Packers taking Tedy Bridgewater or Manziel in the first round when the Draft rolls around.

This week, Luck has been at the Peyton Manning passing academy as a camp counselor....

Bayone and I were talking in another thread....   I was saying that Luck admires Peyton more than any other NFL QB (player) by far...

When Luck was at Stanford,  after he had played two years (his 3rd year on campus) he was being told that if he turned pro he'd be the #1 pick in the draft....

Luck didn't consult with a lot of people....   family, coach Harbaugh and a few others....   the only NFL player he contacted was......   Peyton Manning.

I think there's a really nice symmetry of Luck replacing his idol and yet not feeling doing that is too big for him that I just really like and admire....

I think Colin Cowherd said it best....

Having Peyton Manning and then turning around and getting Andrew Luck is like a basketball team having Michael Jordan, and then being able to draft Kobe Bryant.   

Glad to hear he's at the camp.  I read that Johnny Football left early, with varying reports as to why.  

I'm too old to believe everything I read, and too cynical to believe anyone is perfect.  But this kid always says and does the right thing.  "Luck" is a perfect name for him, but it's a better name for Colts fans IMHO.

And somewhere in Green Bay, Rodgers is wishing he had this kind of relationship with Favre. Good to see that there is no animosity between them. Till gameday comes, anyway. haha

Cute. Actually, I don't think Brett did a great deal to help Aaron. I understand that Brett may not want to groom the successor who will taking your starting job away from you. I get that. But, it's hard to teach a mentor anything when Favre refused to go to Packers training camp either. Besides, watching on the sidelines is like Driver's Ed from the backseat. No one really learns anything until they get behind the wheel themselves & control the franchise Ferrari personally.

Brett Favre is a Pre Madonna baby who cried & complained about training camp more than a hungry, newborn infant. I respect Brett as a HOF NFL QB, but as a person living in WI, I hate his guts as a father, husband, & teammate overall. JMO. [brett's wandering eye for women happened more than once & vows, fidelity, & not engaging in sexual harassment for the sake of your spouse & children matters to me.]  

I give Rogers more slack because of the death threats Aaron received from fans over taking Brett's job & Brett's nonstop retirement/non retirement merry go round. I want Rogers to win multiple SBs just so the media will collectively say Brett Who? I will even produce the t-shirts if necessary.  haha

Cute. Actually, I don't think Brett did a great deal to help Aaron. I understand that Brett may not want to groom the successor who will taking your starting job away from you. I get that. But, it's hard to teach a mentor anything when Favre refused to go to Packers training camp either. Besides, watching on the sidelines is like Driver's Ed from the backseat. No one really learns anything until they get behind the wheel themselves & control the franchise Ferrari personally.

Brett Favre is a Pre Madonna baby who cried & complained about training camp more than a hungry, newborn infant. I respect Brett as a HOF NFL QB, but as a person living in WI, I hate his guts as a father, husband, & teammate overall. JMO.   I give Rogers more slack because of the death threats Aaron received from fans over taking Brett's job & Brett's nonstop retirement/non retirement merry go round. 

I don't know. I don't recall Favre having training camp trouble, but I do remember him skipping out a lot before coming back from his ten retirements lol. I think Favre is more loved by the fans and by the media and the like because he was basically the Manning of the NFC. His sense of humor and toughness and country boy aura attracted people. There are reports that Rodgers is overtly cocky and at least one teammate has called him out on it. But I still wouldn't mind having him down here in Houston. Watt and Arian would iron out the kinks haha

I don't know. I don't recall Favre having training camp trouble, but I do remember him skipping out a lot before coming back from his ten retirements lol. I think Favre is more loved by the fans and by the media and the like because he was basically the Manning of the NFC. His sense of humor and toughness and country boy aura attracted people. There are reports that Rodgers is overtly cocky and at least one teammate has called him out on it. But I still wouldn't mind having him down here in Houston. Watt and Arian would iron out the kinks haha

Don't tell Jules that QuizBoy. Her AFC South loyalties would really be divided then. Only teasing Jules!  :D

If the Texans had Rogers with Wade Philips as DC, man that would be something impressive to see wouldn't it? I will admit that Brett Favre was tough, but Titans QB Steve McNair made his durability look like child's play to me. Steve was like a piece of steel that wouldn't bend or crack.

Yes, I have heard that Aaron is little cocky, but show me a QB that isn't. I want confidence in the huddle just not overzealous arrogance personally. 

I still want your Texans do well. I love tight division title battles & JJ Watt is from my Alma Mater man. :thmup:  Plus, it still ticks me off that Dallas fired Wade in favor of that sad excuse for HC the Cowboys have now Jason Garrett. I've always respected Wade as a DC in this league too.

Hmmm, I'm going to wing this one but perhaps Blaine Gabbert and Curtis Painter???

haha

Nah, I recall Blaine getting angry at Michael Lombardi a year or so ago when he called him out on his terrible play lol.

Brett Favre is a Pre Madonna baby who cried & complained about training camp more than a hungry, newborn infant. I respect Brett as a HOF NFL QB, but as a person living in WI, I hate his guts as a father, husband, & teammate overall. JMO. [brett's wandering eye for women happened more than once & vows, fidelity, & not engaging in sexual harassment for the sake of your spouse & children matters to me.]  

I give Rogers more slack because of the death threats Aaron received from fans over taking Brett's job & Brett's nonstop retirement/non retirement merry go round. I want Rogers to win multiple SBs just so the media will collectively say Brett Who? I will even produce the t-shirts if necessary.  haha

It isn't the quarterback's job to help a back-up(would you personally train a guy that may cost you millions?),nor the guy whom may replace him.THAT'S WHY TEAM'S HAVE QUARTERBACK COACHE'S FOR.

Favre made his own bed. Madden loved him, multiple MVPs, Super Bowl, Packers Stadium, everything was great. So he admits to prescription drug abuse, later we find out about his infidelities, his retirements(plural). Bad decision after bad decision. I think if he cleaned up his life, he woulfd make a better analyst than most. He is charismatic.

Favre made his own bed. Madden loved him, multiple MVPs, Super Bowl, Packers Stadium, everything was great. So he admits to prescription drug abuse, later we find out about his infidelities, his retirements(plural). Bad decision after bad decision. I think if he cleaned up his life, he woulfd make a better analyst than most. He is charismatic.

He hasn't caused trouble and has been fair to the media and the way he talks about Rodgers and the Packers organization whenever he's been asked the past few years. I read something the other day about the owner thinking it is time for Favre to be in the Ring of Honor and have his jersey retired. I think he would be ready to get on air now, but if I'm not mistaken he still coaches a high school team in Mississippi.

That's great and everything,but i'm a little upset he isn't in indy working on his chemistry with our recieving corp.But maybe,he just wants to pick manning's brain a bit more.So,i'll give him a pass on this one.

It's not going to kill him to attend manning's camp for a few days lol.

but if I'm not mistaken he still coaches a high school team in Mississippi.

Seems appropriate.

He was a terrific QB, and is HOF bound, but I don't see him being of any value to any true media outlet.

But I guess at some point somebody's gotta replace Bradshaw...

LOL

Seems appropriate.

He was a terrific QB, and is HOF bound, but I don't see him being of any value to any true media outlet.

But I guess at some point somebody's gotta replace Bradshaw...

LOL

Brett's got a great sense of humor. I would like to see him in the studio. He'd be the butt of a few jokes of course but imagine the directions the studio could take. He could have his own segment or show- Favre Watch. :D

That's great and everything,but i'm a little upset he isn't in indy working on his chemistry with our recieving corp.But maybe,he just wants to pick manning's brain a bit more.So,i'll give him a pass on this one.

he doesnt have to be throwing to our wrs every waking moment. im sure they have worked out together plenty

He's old, but I don't think he's that old.

As long as my QB is not getting in trouble, I'm happy with it.  Bonus if he's doing something to actually help train for the season.  I suppose Manning's passing academy counts, even if he is there mainly to teach high school players.  

He hasn't caused trouble and has been fair to the media and the way he talks about Rodgers and the Packers organization whenever he's been asked the past few years. I read something the other day about the owner thinking it is time for Favre to be in the Ring of Honor and have his jersey retired. I think he would be ready to get on air now, but if I'm not mistaken he still coaches a high school team in Mississippi.

I actually am from and still live in Mississippi.  Brett's dad was a high school coach and Brett seems to like hanging out with the younger dudes who idolize him as he has done that for years now....also, he just loves football.  I don't think he is cast in stone as a coach but I really don't know.  I also think he would be a great commentator which is what the point of my post was.  Maybe some of those Cowboy or Pats guys could slide into Bolivian (Mike Tyson version).

I actually am from and still live in Mississippi.  Brett's dad was a high school coach and Brett seems to like hanging out with the younger dudes who idolize him as he has done that for years now....also, he just loves football.  I don't think he is cast in stone as a coach but I really don't know.  I also think he would be a great commentator which is what the point of my post was.  Maybe some of those Cowboy or Pats guys could slide into Bolivian (Mike Tyson version).

Lol yeah I wouldn't mind seeing some of them " fade into bolivian" either. Bring in Brett and ESPN or NFLN could bring in even more viewers. We all know he knows his football.