Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interest in "tips and tricks"?

I don't think anyone on this forum knows much about me, or about my experience with fantasy football, so I have no reason to believe anything I'd have to share would receive much attention. I figure I'll toss this out there anyway...

I'm thinking about posting occassional concepts that I've employed over decades of playing FF.

Thoughts?

FWIW, I've been in fantasy leagues since the mid 80s, since before you could use the Internet for stats or analysis, and the only thing you could use the old Conmodore for was maybe spreadsheets.

In that time, I've participated in over 100 leagues, and after the first couple years, have missed the playoffs exactly once (and I had the highest scoring team that year... go figure). Suffice it to say I've won a few "trophies".

But last year I cut down to one league in anticipation of the arrival of my son, and now that Charlie is here, I am officially retired from the game for a while. I don't figure I'll get involved in this forum's leagues, so if there is interest, maybe I can share some of what I've learned.

Don't know about anyone else but I'm for one interested in reading any tips you have to offer as a FF newbie.

If a few others express an interest, I will try to get a first edition up next week. If not, I can always PM a couple thoughts to you.

I would love it if you did that. I am ALWAYS looking for articles and well thought out opinions and analysis' on the coming fantasy year. Would you have anything to offer during the season? Ya know, something to help us make the right starts/benches?

I would love it if you did that. I am ALWAYS looking for articles and well thought out opinions and analysis' on the coming fantasy year. Would you have anything to offer during the season? Ya know, something to help us make the right starts/benches?

Maybe I can have an "ask schwamm" thread...

I don't think anyone on this forum knows much about me, or about my experience with fantasy football, so I have no reason to believe anything I'd have to share would receive much attention. I figure I'll toss this out there anyway...

I'm thinking about posting occassional concepts that I've employed over decades of playing FF.

Thoughts?

FWIW, I've been in fantasy leagues since the mid 80s, since before you could use the Internet for stats or analysis, and the only thing you could use the old Conmodore for was maybe spreadsheets.

In that time, I've participated in over 100 leagues, and after the first couple years, have missed the playoffs exactly once (and I had the highest scoring team that year... go figure). Suffice it to say I've won a few "trophies".

But last year I cut down to one league in anticipation of the arrival of my son, and now that Charlie is here, I am officially retired from the game for a while. I don't figure I'll get involved in this forum's leagues, so if there is interest, maybe I can share some of what I've learned.

First of all "mid 80's?"

Seriously...  ...

Second ..    One does  NOT give away "FF secrets" ever.

Fantasy Football is ALL ABOUT COMPETION

First of all "mid 80's?"

Seriously... ...

Second .. One does NOT give away "FF secrets" ever.

Fantasy Football is ALL ABOUT COMPETION

Yep. My first team was the Midway Monster Ditkas. Hey, I was 16.

FF started before I was born, although it was still very nascent when I started playing. And yes, keeping track of everything was a pain compared to now. But we were kinda geeky teens, and had way more time on our hands than I do now.

As for sharing tips, I always preferred to beat someone who knew what they are doing than some noob or hack.