Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans For Real?

King Colt

Champion teams do certain things and most of all those "things" are what the Texans now are doing, sustained drives to score, overcoming crippling penalties succeeding at fourth and one, an aggressive, powerful defense, excellent running game with good back ups, a super receiver, a solid QB. This last game against the Steelers showed something is broiling in "H" town. Oh, by the way the fat brothers and their Jets and Cowboys are making drowning noises. The "dream team"....1-3 in the city of brotherly love

Well the Texan's look real but this has happened before and then low and behold they implode. So the jury is still out on this one. :unsure:

Love the comment about the fat brothers. I have never seen two teams get so off track on games. Not sure what to call those teams. It sure isn't the dream team Andy Reid had in mind. ( all that money spent and look at their team ) Not sure what is going on with Romo. ( maybe marriage and football for him anyway ) don't mix. rotfl

Before preseason I talked endlessly about them being our only viable threat within our division. Of course this was before the loss of Manning.

YES, they are good. For sure headed to the playoffs. Their lack of experience in the post season will doom them to an early exit. As well, they have played off the skin of their teeth. Luck has been an ally for them this season, and luck isn't a sustainable asset.

If the Texans have any time missed by AJ, and go on the road to play the Ravens and the Titans and lose both of those, the Titans might sneak up and win the division. The last decade, either the Colts or Titans have won the division, no one else.

That road trip with games at the Ravens and at the Titans will tell us all if the Texans are for real.

One thing I see is that their D can get better as the season goes on. They learned a new system at the beginning of the year. If they are doing this well early on, I shudder to think how good they can become. As for Johnson being out, years ago it might have been a blow, but this years team has an offensive that isn't built around one person. If they get some confidence, they will become the powerhouse of the division. Manning even if he comes back is aging and will quickly be on the downslide of his career. The Titans I don't see it happening.

I fear that it might be a while before we beat the Texans again.

You are all missing one thing; all teams today are not what they will be at week 16. I think with the Wade Phillips school of defense on graduation day (week 16) the Texans might be much better than their already good defense. The same holds true with Tennessee.