Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pop Rocks and Tootsie Pops

Kyle

It's none of our business what they do. Don't like the video? Don't watch it.

Ok? Who cares what your opinion is on who's business it is? The media put's it out there and we respond. Get over it, it's the way the world works.

Also, I never said I don't like the video. All I said was "Yet..." in response to you saying to leave them alone because they are "staying out of trouble"

Yea, Aaron Hernandez stayed out of trouble for the last 2 years too....

Ok? Who cares what your opinion is on who's business it is? The media put's it out there and we respond. Get over it, it's the way the world works.

So you're blaming the media for your unfair judgment of people doing something that doesn't affect you in the slightest bit? Sounds legit. I look forward to the day Andy Luck puts up a funny youtube video. The hypocrites will reveal themselves.

And I guarantee you that neither of these guys care a single bit about what some fan of another team thinks of their harmless actions.

A former Eagle criticizing a Redskins QB who will be better than he could have hoped. Not surprised. And that article said nothing about press conferences. Since when is McNabb' opinion gospel? Lol

That is a pretty hefty bet considering McNabb is mostly likely going to be a candidate for the HoF and many are wondering if RG will have any type of longevity considering his recent injury and style of play.

I am not saying McNabbs comments are gospel but it is no secret that RG likes the lime light and seeks it out. I mean I think this vdeo is proof of that. And don't give me that he is just having fun with his wife. He knew the type of pick up it would get.

So you're blaming the media for your unfair judgment of people doing something that doesn't affect you in the slightest bit? Sounds legit. I look forward to the day Andy Luck puts up a funny youtube video. The hypocrites will reveal themselves.

And I guarantee you that neither of these guys care a single bit about what some fan of another team thinks of their harmless actions.

And if  he does and you call me a hypocrite I'll refer you to this thread where you put words in my mouth, and then tried to say they were mine ;)

That is a pretty hefty bet considering McNabb is mostly likely going to be a candidate for the HoF and many are wondering if RG will have any type of longevity considering his recent injury and style of play.

I am not saying McNabbs comments are gospel but it is no secret that RG likes the lime light and seeks it out. I mean I think this vdeo is proof of that. And don't give me that he is just having fun with his wife. He knew the type of pick up it would get.

McNabb is known as a whiny baby who never won the big one. Will he get into the HoF? Possibly. But Griff and 12 both were projected as future greats. Not hard to imagine the evolution of the passing game resulting in greatness from these young guys. He put up a video, no one had to watch it, no one had to make a big deal out of it. Because it. Is. A. Flipping. Video.

And if  he does and you call me a hypocrite I'll refer you to this thread where you put words in my mouth, and then tried to say they were mine ;)

I paraphrased your statement. There is a difference. What you basically did was blame the media for your responses. But whatever. A lot of hullabaloo about nothing lol.

McNabb is known as a whiny baby who never won the big one. Will he get into the HoF? Possibly. But Griff and 12 both were projected as future greats. Not hard to imagine the evolution of the passing game resulting in greatness from these young guys. He put up a video, no one had to watch it, no one had to make a big deal out of it. Because it. Is. A. Flipping. Video.

McNabb went to 5 conference champ games and 1 SB. Only QB that has played in more conference champ games is Brady of his era. I like Luck and RG a lot but I am not willing just yet to say either will approach McNabb's level. I love their talent but one year is too soon especially for a QB like RG that needs to prove he can stay healthy.

In terms of the video. It is posted so people will watch it, right? If you are RG and post a video, lots will watch it and therefore comment with there observations. It is just the way it works.

I paraphrased your statement. There is a difference. What you basically did was blame the media for your responses. But whatever.

It's not the media's fault that they want to grab attention. The media simply does what the world want's (ie what makes them money). Capture's all of the drama and put's it out on a platter for the rest of the world. Obviously you can choose to not be a part of that, by not doing silly video's, or taking controversial pictures. These guy's are not normal everyday people like you and me, They KNOW that anything they do in public will be captured and displayed. I give them some slack though as they are young players, but after the second or third time you do something like this it's pretty obvious your just grabbing for attention, and that is OK, some players do it, or did it, like TO and OchoCinco and were still productive on the field, but in the end it ended up hurting their careers, and getting them into trouble. I'm not saying that will happen to these guys, but to totally dismiss the notion would be narrow-minded.

McNabb went to 5 conference champ games and 1 SB. Only QB that has played in more conference champ games is Brady of his era. I like Luck and RG a lot but I am not willing just yet to say either will approach McNabb's level. I love their talent but one year is too soon especially for a QB like RG that needs to prove he can stay healthy.

In terms of the video. It is posted so people will watch it, right? If you are RG and post a video, lots will watch it and therefore comment with there observations. It is just the way it works.

Sure he went to a lot of Championship games, but he shouldn't get a pass, as no one seems to want to give Peyton Manning a pass either, even though he's been in the playoffs all but one year in his career if I'm not mistaken. I agree that it is too soon to crown these guys, maybe the word I should have used is potential.

Considering Griff, I'm sure he knew he would get hits, but not so much negativity over he and his newly wed wife having fun. The world works in strange ways.

It's not the media's fault that they want to grab attention. The media simply does what the world want's (ie what makes them money). Capture's all of the drama and put's it out on a platter for the rest of the world. Obviously you can choose to not be a part of that, by not doing silly video's, or taking controversial pictures. These guy's are not normal everyday people like you and me, They KNOW that anything they do in public will be captured and displayed. I give them some slack though as they are young players, but after the second or third time you do something like this it's pretty obvious your just grabbing for attention, and that is OK, some players do it, or did it, like TO and OchoCinco and were still productive on the field, but in the end it ended up hurting their careers, and getting them into trouble. I'm not saying that will happen to these guys, but to totally dismiss the notion would be narrow-minded.

Owens and Ocho were locker room cancers and were all about me. Typical of receivers, even from high school, but those guys took it to extremes. The two guys we're talking about are loved by their fans, their teammates, and all that, and are having fun. You're only 22 once. Sure they know that they will be judged, but what is admirable is that they don't care. You can't please everybody. Kaep could be wearing a " I support gay marriage" hat and he would be unloaded on by those people that don't. Athletes, heck, people in general can't win nowadays with today's media and, like you mentioned, the narrow-mindedness that Saints the human race.

Sure he went to a lot of Championship games, but he shouldn't get a pass, as no one seems to want to give Peyton Manning a pass either, even though he's been in the playoffs all but one year in his career if I'm not mistaken. I agree that it is too soon to crown these guys, maybe the word I should have used is potential.

Considering Griff, I'm sure he knew he would get hits, but not so much negativity over he and his newly wed wife having fun. The world works in strange ways.

A pass for what? No one disagrees that both McNabb and Manning were and are great players despite their shortcomings in the post-season. I think the Eagles realize more than ever how good they had with McNabb and his 11 win seasons that were pretty automatic in a tough division. Manning is in a class all his own with his four league MVPs.

I too hope Luck and RG surpass both of them. It would be great for the sport. I think year 2 will be very interesting.

A pass for what? No one disagrees that both McNabb and Manning were and are great players despite their shortcomings in the post-season. I think the Eagles realize more than ever how good they had with McNabb and his 11 win seasons that were pretty automatic in a tough division. Manning is in a class all his own with his four league MVPs.

I too hope Luck and RG surpass both of them. It would be great for the sport. I think year 2 will be very interesting.

I only mentioned a pass as it seems some like to ride Manning hard and say he shouldn't be up with the greats due to his playoff success while at the same time praise guys like McNabb who went to the big games but only got to the biggest one once and didn't win. I'm sure the Eagles do miss him, but with a decent QB to pair with McCoy, their offense should be fine. I think there is a lot of good quarterbacking in the future of the NFL as well. As they all say, year 2 is the toughest year for QBs, so it should be interesting indeed.

I only mentioned a pass as it seems some like to ride Manning hard and say he shouldn't be up with the greats due to his playoff success while at the same time praise guys like McNabb who went to the big games but only got to the biggest one once and didn't win. I'm sure the Eagles do miss him, but with a decent QB to pair with McCoy, their offense should be fine. I think there is a lot of good quarterbacking in the future of the NFL as well. As they all say, year 2 is the toughest year for QBs, so it should be interesting indeed.

In fairness, Manning is the one that was the first pick with the football pedigree not McNabb. And McNabb did not get upstaged by a sixth round pick who should have held a clip board his entire career. ;)

In fairness, Manning is the one that was the first pick with the football pedigree not McNabb. And McNabb did not get upstaged by a sixth round pick who should have held a clip board his entire career. ;)

Well he went #2, not too far off lol. But point made. As for that last comment...I plead the 5th. :D  I've done so much stirring with that pot on here I think my stew is burned haha  

Well he went #2, not too far off lol. As for that last comment...I plead the 5th. :D  I've done so much stirring with that pot on here I think my stew is burned haha  

lol. Well technically that sixth round pick beat McNabb in the Super Bowl so maybe you do have a point after all ...

Owens and Ocho were locker room cancers and were all about me. Typical of receivers, even from high school, but those guys took it to extremes. The two guys we're talking about are loved by their fans, their teammates, and all that, and are having fun. You're only 22 once. Sure they know that they will be judged, but what is admirable is that they don't care. You can't please everybody. Kaep could be wearing a " I support gay marriage" hat and he would be unloaded on by those people that don't. Athletes, heck, people in general can't win nowadays with today's media and, like you mentioned, the narrow-mindedness that Saints the human race.

Agreed, but in the beginning Owens and Ocho were not cancer's it escalated to that, let's hope that doesn't happen here with these young QB's.

You wouldn't think so, but articles from the Washington Post and USA Today make light of it. All speculation of course, media always has to dig around in poop. haha

True, but when we click on the link, we are all taking a big ole whiff ourselves.

Man, they just havin fun.  Its not like he's showing you how to break down an ak, or make pipe bombs.  He and his wife are just kicking back having a good time.  Dude is on top of the world right now.  Haters gonna Hate.  LIke Qwiz said, if that what you have to criticize is someone in they own house, cuttin up then they need to find something better to do.  SMH :facepalm:   Pop Rocks and Tootsie Pops Pop Rocks and Tootsie Pops

Exactly

I know the Redskins RG3 fanboys that troll our forums can sometimes be annoying, but I'll never understand the hate some folks have on here for RG3.  He seems like a good kid, his teammates all say he's a great leader, and he's a well spoken, mature young man who doesn't get in trouble.  He's 23 years old, let the kid have some fun. 

Exactly.

I know the Redskins RG3 fanboys that troll our forums can sometimes be annoying, but I'll never understand the hate some folks have on here for RG3. He seems like a good kid, his teammates all say he's a great leader, and he's a well spoken, mature young man who doesn't get in trouble. He's 23 years old, let the kid have some fun.

That may be true, but that was pretty lame...I don't care who did it.

Exactly.

I know the Redskins RG3 fanboys that troll our forums can sometimes be annoying, but I'll never understand the hate some folks have on here for RG3. He seems like a good kid, his teammates all say he's a great leader, and he's a well spoken, mature young man who doesn't get in trouble. He's 23 years old, let the kid have some fun.

I don't "hate" RG3, but that was awful lol.

Just because "they're having fun", doesn't mean people can't comment on the cringe worth "rap" they made.

Oh, it was terrible. Corny as heck LOL.

But I was just making a point that I'd rather have him making lame music videos than beating his wife or getting DUIs.

from some of the rumor sites, doesn't sound like his marriage is off to a very good start