Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any Suggestions?

Right guys, I'm getting bored waiting around for football and I don't know who to look at for us to draft next year ( early I know but I want to know what kind of draft it will be). In which case, can you guys please suggest any guys that I could look at. The ones who are impressive at the moment are:

Bradley Roby CB Ohio State

Daniel McCullers, DT/DE Tennessee

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon

David Yankey OT Stanford 

Any suggestions are welcome.  :goodluck:  :thmup: 

Sounds like you're talking about possible draft picks for the Colts?

That's what I'm guessing you're interested in.....

While it's way, way too early and all sorts of things could and likely will happen between now and next April,  my tenative projection has the Colts taking a pass rusher, a WR and another corner with their top 3 picks next year....

So,  the two corners you've got are very good...

By the way,  while Yankey played tackle last year,  he was a top guard the year before and he's being moved back to guard this year.   Stanford has a scary good tackle who will take over the LT spot for a number of years.    Yankey still has a shot at being the top guard coming out next year...     Assuming, that is,  that he does come out...

Sounds like you're talking about possible draft picks for the Colts?

That's what I'm guessing you're interested in.....

While it's way, way too early and all sorts of things could and likely will happen between now and next April, my tenative projection has the Colts taking a pass rusher, a WR and another corner with their top 3 picks next year....

So, the two corners you've got are very good...

By the way, while Yankey played tackle last year, he was a top guard the year before and he's being moved back to guard this year. Stanford has a scary good tackle who will take over the LT spot for a number of years. Yankey still has a shot at being the top guard coming out next year... Assuming, that is, that he does come out...

Thank you NCF for your useful input ( I mean it). Yeah really this thread is for people to tell me some prospects to look at and if they want I can tell you what I think of them.of the 1's I've already looked at, if I had to take a 1st rounder, I would take Roby.he is literally a shut down corner.

Yeah I would look at WR, CB and OLB like NCF said. At WR I like the two obvious ones, sammy watkins of clemson and Marquise Lee of USC, but I also like Jordan Mathews from Vanderbilt. He has good size (6-5 I believe) and his highlights are very impressive. At corner I like Roby like you said, but I also like Jason Verrett from TCU who we may be able to get in round 2. There are a lot of good pass rushers in next years draft, obviously everybody knows about Jadaveon Clowney, but there is also Anthony Barr from UCLA who I love, and Jackson Jeffcoat from Texas. Just my input!

Also I like CB Aaron Colvin from Oklahoma.

I also like Jason Verrett like one person above he can ball, he is just on the small side( 5'10 175lbs) and RGIII almost made him give up football after he torched him for 3tds in his 2nd game after transferring to TCU from junior college. He really told the coach he wanted to give up after that game but the head coach talked him out of it. He is really good though ended up being an all American

You also have Kyle Van Noy OLB from BYU

S: haha Clinton-Dix, Alabama; Ed Reynolds, Stanford.

ILB: C.J. Mosley, Alabama; A.J. Johnson, Tennessee; Trey DePriest, Alabama; Shayne Skov, Stanford.

3-4 DE/DT: Anthony Johnson, LSU; DeAndre Coleman, California; Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota.

I'm really rooting for the (semi) little guy, Will Sutton. Would be a 3-4 DE for us. At 6'1 288 lbs., he doesn't exactly stand out just by standing up, but I love his motor, and his film. HAD 13 SACKS LAST YEAR AS A D-TACKLE. Anyway, he's being overlooked do his size on the D-line, but who doesn't love to root for the little guy? And plus, I view D-line as the most important position on the field, so to me, you can never have enough.  :thmup:

I'm really rooting for the (semi) little guy, Will Sutton. Would be a 3-4 DE for us. At 6'1 288 lbs., he doesn't exactly stand out just by standing up, but I love his motor, and his film. HAD 13 SACKS LAST YEAR AS A D-TACKLE. Anyway, he's being overlooked do his size on the D-line, but who doesn't love to root for the little guy? And plus, I view D-line as the most important position on the field, so to me, you can never have enough.  :thmup:

Drake Nevis was 6-1, 294. Will Sutton has a chance to be a 3-tech DT in our 3-4 front (like Jean Francois, Nevis, Mathews).

I think the days of the Colts acquiring undersized players are over

Ben Gardner

Ed Reynolds

Trent Murphy(So glad we did not bite on the Chase Thomas idea, He is an unathletic 4-3 OLB)

Stephen Tuitt

Clinton Dix

Ryan Hewitt

Scott Crichton

Kyle Van Noy

Jason Verret

Quandry Diggs

Aaron Colvin

Gabe Jackson

Tre Jackson

Sammy Watkins

Jordan Matthews

Cody Haufman

Austen Hill

Brandon Coleman

Jared Abbrederis

Jaz Reynolds

David Yankey

Are all on my radar in various rounds

Last year i predicted we were gonna get a pass rusher Jones,Carradine, and Werner were my choices. This year i think were gonna draft a CB. Roby will be gone top 10 pick so ill go with Aaron Colvin,Loucheiz Purifoy, or Justin Gilbert in no particular order. The reason to go for a CB because Toler hasn't shown he can stay healthy for a full season. Even if he is healthy Toler is versatile enough to play the slot and the rookie can start as the #2 CB. Also it's a passing league you can never have enough CB's.