Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots new logo.

Dustin

Apparently the old "Pat Patriot" logo is not conducive to printing on clothing, hats, etc. Too expensive. That was part of the reason it was originally switched out.

I do like the old unis but they remind me a little of darker days, lol...

The new logo is just meh. I like it better but you don't really see the full logo all that often.

Apparently the old "Pat Patriot" logo is not conducive to printing on clothing, hats, etc. Too expensive. That was part of the reason it was originally switched out.

I do like the old unis but they remind me a little of darker days, lol...

The new logo is just meh. I like it better but you don't really see the full logo all that often.

That reasoning kind of points out the benefits of a simpler logo, like the horseshoe. 

Not trying to compare the two, but it makes sense when people start suggesting that the Colts logo is too plain and old fashioned.

That reasoning kind of points out the benefits of a simpler logo, like the horseshoe. 

Not trying to compare the two, but it makes sense when people start suggesting that the Colts logo is too plain and old fashioned.

Sure it says something for being simple and easy to print but what about a little pizazz? :) 

I love what many of the college football teams have done to their uniforms to make them more appealing to wear for 20 year olds. The colors are bold, the logos are creative. I think the Colts would benefit from an update. I mean you could have a lot of fun with a Colt and come up with something cool the way the Bucs did several seasons ago. How about you keep the horseshoe and have an intimidating grimacing Colt face peeking through?  

Sure it says something for being simple and easy to print but what about a little pizazz? :) 

I love what many of the college football teams have done to their uniforms to make them more appealing to wear for 20 year olds. The colors are bold, the logos are creative. I think the Colts would benefit from an update. I mean you could have a lot of fun with a Colt and come up with something cool the way the Bucs did several seasons ago. How about you keep the horseshoe and have an intimidating grimacing Colt face peeking through?  

you're just trying to stir people up [yawn]

I don't really care about all this logo stuff. I appreciate traditional uniforms, and I can understand the need to change it up from time to time. I have no problem with the way Oregon changes their uniforms and uses all these different designs and colors. But at the same time, I don't think that's something Texas or Ohio State ought to do, because of the more traditional nature of their programs and uniforms. It wouldn't bother me if the Colts changed it up every now and then, provided they weren't using anything ugly or stupid on their uniforms. But I also don't mind the easy, traditional horseshoe. No reason to mess with it.

I don't really care about all this logo stuff. I appreciate traditional uniforms, and I can understand the need to change it up from time to time. I have no problem with the way Oregon changes their uniforms and uses all these different designs and colors. But at the same time, I don't think that's something Texas or Ohio State ought to do, because of the more traditional nature of their programs and uniforms. It wouldn't bother me if the Colts changed it up every now and then, provided they weren't using anything ugly or stupid on their uniforms. But I also don't mind the easy, traditional horseshoe. No reason to mess with it.

Yes, the uniform is classic and could be updated but nothing too crazy. I think the logo could be enhanced but have to keep the essence of the horseshoe for sure. A few posts back I had suggested a Colt but that would be too drastic.

Yes, the uniform is classic and could be updated but nothing too crazy. I think the logo could be enhanced but have to keep the essence of the horseshoe for sure. A few posts back I had suggested a Colt but that would be too drastic.

https://www.google.com/search?q=colts+logos&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=WKLZUbvIIoGWiAKK4oCwDg&ved=0CD0QsAQ&biw=1920&bih=967

There's a bunch of stuff that's out there, if people want to see or use it. But I think the organization wants to stick with the classic look.

Okay, SW1 has got to ask why so many teams are changing their logos? What's the point? Personally, I don't care for the new look. Go back to the vintage red & white uniforms like John Dee said. 

The blue Patriot lettering is spaced too far apart to me. Why not feature a Revolutionary soldier firing a musket in some capacity or charging a battlefield with the bayonets pointing out?  

Because that would be gloating SW. In any case, we didn't even try....,

Yeah..the best trained army in the world couldn't beat a rabble.

Great Waterloo tactics but...........

Come on JJ. Our first string were fight the Spanish, or the French...or both? Looking on the bright side, if you lost, this would be a cricket or rugby forum.....