Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

special treatment or right call

CR91

Wow...what a harebrained rookie move that was.

The pats were at 3rd & 9 on their own 20 and had just committed a false start, and Seymour wants to blow a great opportunity early in the game so he can make a "statement".

To make it worse, the big lug complains to the official about it.

Total rookie cry baby move.

Only a ridiculously biased hater would think that throwing a QB into the ground FIVE SECONDS after the whistle ISN'T roughing the passer.

As I posted in another thread, Brady receives fewer RTP calls than 26 other NFL QBs.

But let's not let facts get in the way...

Richard was a little too pumped up....for obvious reasons.

yah then he got a facemask penatly on Green Ellis, i understand that he was amped up . . . i think what did if for Seymour was that he spun TB to the ground . . . if he just spuns him around and realised him then it would of been okay even tho unnecessary, but once you throw the guy to the ground, several seconds after the play is called dead, you are going to get a flag . . .

It was the right call, but nice to see Seymour make Brady his mod edit Makes you wonder what it's like to be Brady's teamate, obviously some bad blood there.

haha, really now?

I wasn't aware that Brady was the one who negotiated the trade with the Raiders. Richard Seymour has three SB rings because of Tom Brady.

In other words... don't do that. You'll make yourself look silly.

Only a ridiculously biased hater would think that throwing a QB into the ground FIVE SECONDS after the whistle ISN'T roughing the passer.

As I posted in another thread, Brady receives fewer RTP calls than 26 other NFL QBs.

But let's not let facts get in the way...

maybe because brady is almost never touched

maybe because brady is almost never touched

Again... hating a specific player or a team does not make facts work your way.

http://footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2010/stat-day-quarterbacks-getting-hit

Only three QBs took more hits than Brady in 2010 (54 hits in 587 attempts).

As much as you guys all whined about your o-line all season, Manning, by comparison, was hit nearly half as many times (29 hits in 591 attempts).

These are "hits" mind you, not sacks or necessarily even hurries.

Next?

It was the right call, but nice to see Seymour make Brady his mod edit Makes you wonder what it's like to be Brady's teamate, obviously some bad blood there.

to be fair, if there is any bad blood it is between Seymour and the team's organization, and mostly between seymour/BB . . .so seymour is mad at the team as a whole, that is why he was amped up, he got two personal fouls on the first drive, one against the QB and one against the RB . . .

http://footballoutsi...cks-getting-hit

As much as you guys all whined about your o-line all season, Manning, by comparison, was hit nearly half as many times (29 hits in 591 attempts).

Next?

im not hating. this isnt even a brady vs manning thread. this was rather or not seymour should have been flagged. when i first watched the play i thought it was a ridiculous call since brady wasnt on the ground so how was the play dead. what i didnt notice was it was a false start.

im not hating. this isnt even a brady vs manning thread. this was rather or not seymour should have been flagged. when i first watched the play i thought it was a ridiculous call since brady wasnt on the ground so how was the play dead. what i didnt notice was it was a false start.

Are you KIDDING me?

First of all, it wasn't a false start, it was a delay of game.

Second of all, HE THREW HIM TO THE FRICKIN' GROUND!

What game were you watching?!

And I'm not even remotely trying to make it yet another Cake vs. Pie thread. I've been around that block about a gazillion times and it's a waste of everyone's time.

I simply responded to your statement that "Brady is almost never touched" with, you know, actual facts and stuff.

If you're not hating then I guess you don't follow the NFL very closely, because you would have known that Brady gets hit a ton. Mostly from waiting in the pocket and throwing at the last possible second.

And this call was the correct one. Brady is standing flat-footed and knows the play is whistled dead. Then the ref is trying to call off Seymour while he whips him to the ground. If this happened to Manning you'd be calling for Seymour to be arrested for crying out loud! Be honest/realistic.

http://footballoutsi...cks-getting-hit

Next?

pssst... those were 2009 stats

Brady does get hit - but he does get pretty good protection. He gets quite a bit of time to let the routes develop and then he puts the ball right on the money. That might be part of the reason he takes those hits because he expects to have the time and waits for it - and it usually works in his favor as he completes big passes.

So the comment about him not taking any hits is definitely us (opposing team's fans) watching TB calmly standing in the pocket for what seems to be about 30 seconds surveying the field. In our opinion that shouldn't happen!

But back to the original topic - Seymour lost his cool.