Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 5 offense?

BlueCollarColts

Yep, I think the ferocity brings out the eyes quite well haha

Yeah it's almost like Tim Tebow's ferocious eyes. Will be nice to see him rise to the top and play both QB, TE, RB and FB all at the same time as he will soley win the Pats the Supebowl next year.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's almost like Tim Tebow's ferocious eyes. Will be nice to see him rise to the top and play both QB, TE, RB and FB all at the same time as he will soley win the Pats the Supebowl next year.

Yep, he is the Chosen One man. Tom Brady's like Who needs TEs? We have Tebow...who needs me? We have Tebow!

While we're laughing about this watch Tebow go and throw a jump pass on fourth down to win the SB in NYC, the place that spurned him lol.

Top 5 is possible but three key things need to happen:

1. The offensive line must gel and mature quickly.

2. All the parts of the O must assimilate Pep's scheme and execute.

3. The D must come together and learn to get the other team's O off the field quickly

and give our O more opportunities to gain yardage and score points.

All three as of now are very much up in the air, If If If.

But, that's what has been so exciting about this offseason, so many moves to improve the team.

I just find it difficult to wait to see the results.

I agree with what you stated.  I would like to and 1 more thing to your list.

Consistency.  With that we would have had a good Offense rather than a decent "O", IMO.

Come on Mac..

Matt Schaub is not a total has been....and you and I could run the ball behind their line

Well, the Texans 2012 OL line was 10x better than the Colts 2012 OL (although the right side of the Texans line was/is very vulnerable).....and Schaub still looked very average.  Could you imagine that guy behind the Colts 2012 OL?  Scary.

But yeah, Schaub threw for alot of yards and lost alot of games a few years back for the Texans.  I'll give him credit for that.  But as far as 2013?  That guy is not even in the top half of the league as far as quarterbacking goes.

Locker and Gabbert aren't even worth mentioning.  Jax & Tenn will both be looking for franchise quarterbacks in the next 2 years.  As will Houston.....lol

Well, the Texans 2012 OL line was 10x better than the Colts 2012 OL (although the right side of the Texans line was/is very vulnerable).....and Schaub still looked very average.  Could you imagine that guy behind the Colts 2012 OL?  Scary.

But yeah, Schaub threw for alot of yards and lost alot of games a few years back for the Texans.  I'll give him credit for that.  But as far as 2013?  That guy is not even in the top half of the league as far as quarterbacking goes.

Locker and Gabbert aren't even worth mentioning.  Jax & Tenn (along with will both be looking for franchise quarterbacks in the next 2 years.  As will Houston.....lol

64.6 completion percentage, averaging 7.4 yards per throw, comparable to Manning, who averaged 7.9, or 7.5 for Tom Brady. Threw 12 INTs, Manning threw 11. Threw 22 TDs, not particularly impressive but we have a runningback who scores a great deal for us. And he had a 90.7 passer rating. Not too shabby in my opinion.

One last comment:

Most Texan fans would cut off their right nut to exchange Schaub for any one of:  Peyton, Luck, Flacco, Big Ben, Dalton, Brady, Wilson, Kapernick, Ryan, Brees, Newton, Stafford, Rodgers, Romo, Eli or RG3.  At least.  That's half the QB's in the league right there.

But good thing they got Schaub locked up for 5 yrs/66 mill, with 29 mill gauraunteed....lmao

One last comment:

Most Texan fans would cut off their right nut to exchange Schaub for any one of:  Peyton, Luck, Flacco, Big Ben, Dalton, Brady, Wilson, Kapernick, Ryan, Brees, Newton, Stafford, Rodgers, Romo, Eli or RG3.  At least.  That's half the QB's in the league right there.

But good thing they got Schaub locked up for 5 yrs/66 mill, with 29 mill gauraunteed.... lmao

Whoa now dont stop there your not through the entire list of starting QB's in the NFL yet, And I would not take Flacco over Schaub, or Newton or Stafford or Robert Griffin III at this point

Whoa now dont stop there your not through the entire list of starting QB's in the NFL yet, And I would not take Flacco over Schaub, or Newton or Stafford or Robert Griffin III at this point

Oh Gavin.....

One last comment:

Most Texan fans would cut off their right nut to exchange Schaub for any one of: Peyton, Luck, Flacco, Big Ben, Dalton, Brady, Wilson, Kapernick, Ryan, Brees, Newton, Stafford, Rodgers, Romo, Eli or RG3. At least. That's half the QB's in the league right there.

But good thing they got Schaub locked up for 5 yrs/66 mill, with 29 mill gauraunteed....lmao

Right, because you can speak for Texan Nation. lmao, good job glossing over my other post though.

Oh Gavin.....

you'd seriously take Flacco over a QB that led the league in yards passing? your basically saying you would take Joe Flacco over Dan Marino, Griffin I like but I wonder if he will ever be able to stay healthy for a full season especially if he takes 80 plus hits year in and year out unless that improves. Newton has maturity issues at this point and arguably took a step back this past year . Stafford had a great year 2 years ago now but forgot what the end zone looked like since then

you'd seriously take Flacco over a QB that led the league in yards passing? your basically saying you would take Joe Flacco over Dan Marino, Griffin I like but I wonder if he will ever be able to stay healthy for a full season especially if he takes 80 plus hits year in and year out unless that improves. Newton has maturity issues at this point and arguably took a step back this past year . Stafford had a great year 2 years ago now but forgot what the end zone looked like since then

Oh Gavin......

I don't care for our division rivals offenses. That's their business. Their offenses can at least score when they're in the redzone so we as Colts fans don't have much room to talk

This year I wanna see a huge increase in RZ production. Lack of redzone success cost us vs the Jets and more importantly against the Ravens in the playoffs. Makes no sense to go the whole field and then kick a field goal. You can't win games with just field goals unless it's a Ravens vs Steelers game or that one Redskin vs Cowboys game

WOW....your acting like he had 28 ints his rookie year......you know........Peyton Mannings rookie int total

Tell me ANYTHING that's good about 18 INT's, and as I said it could have easily been in the mid-20's had the "bounces" went the other way. He's fortunate to have ended up with ONLY 18.

85% of those picks came from bad oline play

15% from Luck looking for Reggie all the time. Can't blame the rookie though. Every rookie would look for the veteran when they're in trouble

He'll cut down this year

Oline play has nothing to do with his long passes hanging up and coming short. That caused a lot of the interceptions. He will be better if he accepts more short passes but he tended to throw behind receivers on those routes. I think Luck is a decent QB but not the superstar some here think at least not quite yet. I am anxious to see how much he improves this year and he could improve a lot but our record would not match last year. Last year was a miracle. Now, we are down to earth and lets see what this team is really like.

You are kidding, right? Houston would take one of those QBs over Schaub in a heartbeat. Those are or are going to be four premier QBs right behind Brady, Manning, Rogers and Brees. I rate them ahead of Luck right now but that may change this year.

It's not my fault that half the quarterbacks in the league are better than Schaub.

Want me to list the quarterbacks that are better than Mark Sanchez?  That list would be twice as long.

Uh.....say what?

Why do we even need a top 5 offense?  For so many years we had an explosive offense and all people talked about was how terrible our defense was.  Then the Pagano era came in and we started saying how glad we are that finally the Colts are going to get a tough defense.  Last year we drafted all offense so now we need to get this defense going.

We got Pagano here to make us a defensive force so let's concentrate on that.  We can win playoff games with a top 15 offense if we have a defense that can make plays.

That would be your job. Too bad you don't do it on an actual Texans message board.

I've been here over a year now, so not sure why you're still acting surprised at my presence. Too bad for you I plan on being here a very long time.

It's not my fault that half the quarterbacks in the league are better than Schaub.

Want me to list the quarterbacks that are better than Mark Sanchez?  That list would be twice as long.

....and all those guys you mentioned are better than your quarterback, so not sure why the kettle is trying to call the pot black.

It depends on how aggressive we want to be offensively..

If we attack the defense through the air with all five potential receivers, we have 3 defenses in our division we can beat..

Even with our improved line, we are not a ball control team, nor do we have a defense that can win games for us..

I want our 'running plays' to be swing passes to the running backs

I want us to go no-huddle, hurry-up as NE and Denver try to do...that's our strength or it can be

In the AFC, only Denver and Houston have more weapons who arent rehabbing or under police suspiscion...

I agree. Our no-huddle plays last season was impressive and it gave us huge chunks of yards.

This post was just begging for a TT picture.

4069428021_d77aef2a7f.jpg

Your welcome.

Tell me ANYTHING that's good about 18 INT's, and as I said it could have easily been in the mid-20's had the "bounces" went the other way. He's fortunate to have ended up with ONLY 18.

17 if we want to be technical, 1 was called wrong by the ref and his knee was down.....Bottom Line is if we dont have him last year then we spend the year talking about this past draft instead of improving upon 11-5, Hate to tell you he was called a rookie is called a rookie for a reason, Manning went through the same troubles, Worse I might add

That is one very subjective perspective on the matter. One could argue that it should have been less than 18 then because many of the picks were tipped balls off of receivers failing to bring them in (T.Y. Lookong at you). So I would say that luck has nothing to do with it, yet Luck has everything to do with it.

"Things are neither good nor bad, thinking makes it so" - William Shakespeare

GO COLTS!

If the Colts can establish a running game and slightly improve in the passing game, they can definitely become a top 5 offense.

The O-line will most likely be better next year which will make all facets of the offense better. Still, the O-line is far from even being considered average.

I'm with a lot of ppl. here who say that statistics do not matter compared to winning and losing. Our offense can be very, very good next season, though. There are a lot of question marks, but we do know for a fact that Luck can put points on the board under Pep's tutelage.

Think about the potential production from just the TE position. Allen was PFF's #2 TE in the entire NFL last season. The guy rarely missed a block or dropped a catchable pass. Those skills are going to be even more valuable in the new system. Fleener has familiarity with the playbook and with the QB in this offense (more or less). He is too fast to be covered by any LB. He blocked well when he was in last season and has the size to be #12's favorite EZ target. I don't think it would be going too far to say that Indy should have the best TE tandem in the South and could have a top 3 combo in the AFC next season.

With DA blocking in the run game along with a FB (not to mention the O-Line improvements), the run game should rival the other teams in the division (but still might be third or fourth best, no shame in that). Obviously the run game will improve the passing game, especially with play-action. The O-Line can keep Andrew clean this season. Cherilus is one of the very best pass blockers at RT in football. The rest of the O-Line can not be any worse than last season and should be much, much better. Throw in Bradshaw, who, like Dwayne Allen, never misses a block and our QB should have all the time he needs to find targets other than #87. He won't need nearly as much time, either because he will be mostly throwing timing routes out of 5 and 3 step drops...

There will be balance, finesse, and physicality to spare with the group we have on offense. Top 5? who cares? What seems evident is that this offense will impose its will on opposing defenses more series than not, more weeks than not. We will score points, control time of possession, and get the chunk yards that break the will of visiting defenses. Of these things, I am very confident. :helmet:

I think if the O-line gels we will be fine. I am more concerned with the defense. Having a good defense will help the offense as well. If the offense, defense and special teams play as a unit and if they all play well we will win games. Last season we were guilty of putting everything on Lucks back and he played us into the playoffs. For us to win the division and advance in the playoffs every part of the team must improve.

It depends on how aggressive we want to be offensively..

If we attack the defense through the air with all five potential receivers, we have 3 defenses in our division we can beat..

Even with our improved line, we are not a ball control team, nor do we have a defense that can win games for us..

I want our 'running plays' to be swing passes to the running backs

I want us to go no-huddle, hurry-up as NE and Denver try to do...that's our strength or it can be

In the AFC, only Denver and Houston have more weapons who arent rehabbing or under police suspiscion...

I have to disagree with your opinion as to what the offense should do. Ball control is very important. Having a balanced attack will win more games. The other team can't score if we keep the ball away from them. On the plus side our defense will have better rest and be able to regroup better. In the past we were witness to what quick scoring can do. It puts the defense on the field too long. It might not be as exciting as throwing it all over the field but wins are the bottom line.

No. You may have a good QB but not the best offense.

He never said the Colts had the best defense. He said if they hold their own. Keep in mind the Texans only finished one game ahead of the Colts. Colts were a team that had 37 new players and a rookie QB. 5 of 7 receivers were rookies. A less than average running game. When the Texans home field advantage was on the line their defense couldn't hold the Colts. The Colts were one play away from tying the Texans for the division. The last play of the game to the Jags. I don't think there is that much difference between the Colts or the Texans.