Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most Underrated / Overrated Colts of all time (merge)

CR91

yea because we won so many super bowls with peyton. check your history. peyton's playoff failures follows him where ever he goes. it has nothing to do with what team hes on. he couldnt win in college. he only one with us and along with 7 one and dones and hes not gonna win in denver.

Your wasting your time, He worships Manning, Manning is his god, he probably has a life size statue erected of Manning he prays to nightly before bed

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what people said about Elway. All ot takes is for the rest of the team to step up and get hot.

I would have love to see if elway could have beat the 98 vikings. I think that would have one of the best super bowls ever

I would have love to see if elway could have beat the 98 vikings. I think that would have one of the best super bowls ever

I think Minny would have steamrolled them tbh lol, but then again, I though the 07 Patriots would kill the Giants so I guess anything could happen haha

yea because we won so many super bowls with peyton. check your history. peyton's playoff failures follows him where ever he goes. it has nothing to do with what team hes on. he couldnt win in college. he only one with us and along with 7 one and dones and hes not gonna win in denver.

He has won one and been to another one. Luck has never won anything other than some regular season games. The result last year was one and done. Luck couldn't even beat RGIII for the Heisman Trophy or the Rookie of the Year award. RGIII will beat him to the Super Bowl and an MVP and Wilson might just do that too....

Your wasting your time, He worships Manning, Manning is his god, he probably has a life size statue erected of Manning he prays to nightly before bed

I have one of those. But it's Kate Upton, not Manning.

I see you're back trying to stir the pot again

He has won one and been to another one. Luck has never won anything other than some regular season games. The result last year was one and done. Luck couldn't even beat RGIII for the Heisman Trophy or the Rookie of the Year award. RGIII will beat him to the Super Bowl and an MVP and Wilson might just do that too....

lost a superbowl going up against a pancake schedule. rg3 has the excite factor. its not that hes better, its just people would rather watch him play because of how explosive he is.

lost a superbowl going up against a pancake schedule. rg3 has the excite factor. its not that hes better, its just people would rather watch him play because of how explosive he is.

he didn't look very explosive hobbling off that disaster area they have for a field.

Luck is more likely to be "Sanchez" than he ever is to be like Peyton.

his rookie numbers say other wise. While that doesn't set it in stone he will be Peyton at least it's something tangible to go off of rather than an opinion of someone who is clearly still bitter about Peyton and is letting that cloud his judgement when it comes to Andrew.

his rookie numbers say other wise. While that doesn't set it in stone he will be Peyton at least it's something tangible to go off of rather than an opinion of someone who is clearly still bitter about Peyton and is letting that cloud his judgement when it comes to Andrew.

I don't see what you see in his rookie numbers. The fact is that Luck is the most overhyped player in NFL history and you can see posts on this site that predict that he will have the greatest QB year in NFL history this year beating records for TDs, yards and completion percentage. I don't see anything close to that but even Peyton Manning would not be able to live up to the expectations people have for luck. I see Las Vegas and other experts predict that the Colts will not make the playoffs. I wonder if people will come down to earth a bit if that happens. I doubt it. They will just make excuses for Luck like they did all last year.

I don't see what you see in his rookie numbers. The fact is that Luck is the most overhyped player in NFL history and you can see posts on this site that predict that he will have the greatest QB year in NFL history this year beating records for TDs, yards and completion percentage. I don't see anything close to that but even Peyton Manning would not be able to live up to the expectations people have for luck. I see Las Vegas and other experts predict that the Colts will not make the playoffs. I wonder if people will come down to earth a bit if that happens. I doubt it. They will just make excuses for Luck like they did all last year.

If you are from Indy, then you should remember the Bob and Tom show with the song they played about the Colts and Peyton. Every week they played it. Poking fun at the #1 draft pick being  0 and 1 then 0 and 2. We listened to it EVERY day all season long. I worked on the Lilly building and the airport building at the time, and it go old fast. Kinda like listening to you. :36dancing:

actually it isn't a fact. For something to be a fact you need.... well facts. And you have none. He is the most overhyped in your opinion. Don't confuse the two

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1496143-indianapolis-colts-comparing-andrew-luck-and-peyton-mannings-rookie-seasons/page/2

here are some facts for you...

I see that you are con

I see that you are convinced. Did you even see Manning's rookie year? I did. He never underthrew receivers on long routes like Luck routinely does. He didn't consistently throw behind receivers on short routes but Luck did. Manning was much better as a rookie at reading defenses. Yes, Luck won more games. With a few breaks, that season is 5-11 instead of 11-5. He won't be as Lucky this year (pardon the pun). He may be a great QB in time but I don't think he will ever catch up with RGIII, Wilson or Cam Newton for that matter. I think Newton will post numbers for a career that Luck won't approach but that is just my take on it.

actually it isn't a fact. For something to be a fact you need.... well facts. And you have none. He is the most overhyped in your opinion. Don't confuse the two

The fact that he is the most overhyped player in NFL history is not an opinion, it is a fact. He may live up to all of that hype but I rather doubt that anyone can and he certainly won't.

If you are from Indy, then you should remember the Bob and Tom show with the song they played about the Colts and Peyton. Every week they played it. Poking fun at the #1 draft pick being  0 and 1 then 0 and 2. We listened to it EVERY day all season long. I worked on the Lilly building and the airport building at the time, and it go old fast. Kinda like listening to you. :36dancing:

"Lord Help Out Colts" by Duke Tomato?

The fact that he is the most overhyped player in NFL history is not an opinion, it is a fact. He may live up to all of that hype but I rather doubt that anyone can and he certainly won't.

please provide me the facts.

I see that you are con

I see that you are convinced. Did you even see Manning's rookie year? I did. He never underthrew receivers on long routes like Luck routinely does. He didn't consistently throw behind receivers on short routes but Luck did. Manning was much better as a rookie at reading defenses. Yes, Luck won more games. With a few breaks, that season is 5-11 instead of 11-5. He won't be as Lucky this year (pardon the pun). He may be a great QB in time but I don't think he will ever catch up with RGIII, Wilson or Cam Newton for that matter. I think Newton will post numbers for a career that Luck won't approach but that is just my take on it.

I've seen every game since the team moved to Indy. Peyton struggled his rookie year, but showed signs of greatness. Just like Andrew did last year. I am one of Peytons biggest fans, and i was upset by the desicion to let him go. But it's over.

please provide me the facts.

Just read a little bit here. People expect the best QB season in history from him. People started holding up signs that said "Suck for Luck" at midseason. For a QB who was not the Heisman Trophy winner and didn't win a national championship he was the most hyped player in NFL history. If that is your point that I am saying "overhyped" as opposed to "hyped", I think that is a matter of interpretation. I think it is a fact that he was the most hyped player coming into the NFL ever... If you disagree, well, read some articles around that time....

I've seen every game since the team moved to Indy. Peyton struggled his rookie year, but showed signs of greatness. Just like Andrew did last year. I am one of Peytons biggest fans, and i was upset by the desicion to let him go. But it's over.

I don't disagree with that but I just don't think Luck will be anywhere close to what Manning has been his whole career. That is my opinion that I value highly. Now at the end of this year or next year, one of us will be coming back here to say, "I was wrong." I'm betting it won't be me.....

I don't disagree with that but I just don't think Luck will be anywhere close to what Manning has been his whole career. That is my opinion that I value highly. Now at the end of this year or next year, one of us will be coming back here to say, "I was wrong." I'm betting it won't be me.....

Well yeah if Luck blows up and starts playing at an MVP level you won't be here because no one would let you live these comments you make down lol.

So I also bet you won't be saying "I was wrong," but likely for different reason than you believe.

On the most under rated list, two of my all-time favourites ...

Lydell Mitchell -- RB, 1972-77

Wow, what a back. From 1975-77 this cat ran for 1,000 yards at a time when getting 1,000 yards was THE benchmark for excellence. He also led the league in receptions twice and went to three straight Pro Bowls. The only contemporary that could touch him in terms of raw talent and versatility was Chuck Foreman in Minnesota. His career was far too short, but when he was on the field he was absolute dynamite. How can I call him underrated, you might ask? Because history has a way of forgetting guys who were brilliant for three years. He's not Walter Payton, but for a few years there he was in the same league as him. That's enough for me.

Bert Jones -- QB, 1973-81

There are some folks who call him the greatest quarterback talent they ever saw. Taking an undermanned and outgunned Colts team up against the Raiders and Steelers every year was a bit much for him, even if he was the precursor to John Elway. For the '70s he had great numbers, especially 1976 when he completed 60 percent of his passes and sported a sparkling 102.5 passer rating. Injuries eventually robbed him of his skills and he finished with the Rams at the age of 31. If you want to see him at his best, watch him against Ken Stabler in the 1976 AFC Divisional Playoff game in Baltimore. If you watch him and catch him in just the right light, you can see where John Elway got the blueprint for his game.

The fact that Luck's rookie numbers on par with Peyton Manning's rookie numbers which has been the Gold Standard for years in terms of the best rookie QB season ever is what I see. 

Luck is the not the most overhyped player in NFL History.  That is YOUR opinion, which you are welcome too, not a fact so stop trying to present it as if it's a fact. 

He was a rookie.  You are trying to act like he was a finished product.  He's not.  Guess what Peyton Manning wasn't the greatest QB in the history of the NFL either as a rookie.  He grew into it.  There is no reason to think that Luck wont grow and get better.  Will he end up as good as Peyton Manning?  No one knows.  However, since Luck's rookie numbers are on par with what Peyton started as a rookie there is reason to hope that might be able to grow into something close to that at least.  Will he or not?  That remains to be seen but it's not out of the realm of possibility as much as you might not want it to happen because some how Luck being a good QB is a slap in the face to Peyton Manning. 

Like I said long ago before this stuff ever started Andrew Luck is not the enemy in this.  There are no reports of him ever going to the Colts and saying it's Peyton Manning or me.  If anything he was embracing the chance to learn from Peyton and while it might have not been his first choice he was willing to do it if it came to that.  Luck is the guy who is trying to play QB to the best of his ability for what is supposed to be "Colts fans" favorite team.  He deserves your support if no other reason than he's trying his best for the team you cheer for and is good person while doing it. 

This stuff that you keep throwing out there that he stinks is just not true when you stop and compare him for what he was which was a rookie QB.  You are trying to take a rookie QB and trying to compare him to a Hall of Famer in the prime of his career.  That's twisting your argument to support your case and frankly not a fair comparison.  You know what if we did that with rookie Reggie Wayne to Marvin Harrison at the time people would have been screaming for Reggie Wayne to be cut and released because he was no where near what Marvin was at the time but aren't you glad we gave him time to grow and develop into what he could be rather than trying to pretend him as a rookie was the final product?  Here's the great thing about rookies, if you have a good coaching staff around them they tend to get better.  There is no reason on earth to think that Luck wont improve either till he gives us one. 

Hmmmmmm...     kinda sounds like a QB out of TENN who never won a HT, or a NC either.....    oh and he couldn't win the BIG games either.      

At least his team one the National Title for him a year after he left...     very thoughtful of T Martin and the gang don't you think....

Just read a little bit here. People expect the best QB season in history from him. People started holding up signs that said "Suck for Luck" at midseason. For a QB who was not the Heisman Trophy winner and didn't win a national championship he was the most hyped player in NFL history. If that is your point that I am saying "overhyped" as opposed to "hyped", I think that is a matter of interpretation. I think it is a fact that he was the most hyped player coming into the NFL ever... If you disagree, well, read some articles around that time....

No, but there better some big changes in the coming three years or the Colts had a bust draft. I already think that is true but logically I know you need to give two or three years to see what really happens.

Indianapolis Colts' 2012 draft could be one of NFL's best

By my count, this group contains one future Hall of Fame quarterback (Luck), a blue chip tight end (Allen), two potential red chip weapons (Hilton, Fleener), a solid starter (Ballard), a defensive wild card (Chapman) and a valuable reserve/special teamer (sixth-round draft pick LaVon Brazill).