Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most Underrated / Overrated Colts of all time (merge)

CR91

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im pretty sure Peyton is still playing. his book isn't closed yet

I will go down and you can bring this back up and Ill eat crow if it does happen. peyton will not win another super bowl

Wilson was also ahead of him. I think Tannihill will pass him this year unless he can improve that completion percentage and, yes, the stats tell the tale...

the only stat that really matters is 11. his late game heroics us the reason the team made the playoffs

based on what? he had a great season,last year after missing the entire year before.

based on past history. everyone said colts defense held him back. lack of weapons held him back. poor o-line held him back. well he had all that and the result is still the same one and done.

based on past history. everyone said colts defense held him back. lack of weapons held him back. poor o-line held him back. well he had all that and the result is still the same one and done.

did you watch the game ?

yea yea safety blown coverage. fox playing conservative. who threw the against the body pass.

the game should have never reached the overtime. Manning played better against that ravens d better than any other qb during the playoffs

the game should have never reached the overtime. Manning played better against that ravens d better than any other qb during the playoffs

the point still remains peyton had everything everyone said held him back in indy and still went one and done

the only stat that really matters is 11. his late game heroics us the reason the team made the playoffs

Remember that when he thuds back to earth this year with 7 or 8 wins and the Colts don't make the playoffs while Seattle and Washington do make the playoffs. Then will you say that I was wrong about Andrew Luck, the most overhyped and overrated player in NFL history? He may eventually be that good but some of you have him where he has to win 5 MVPs and four Super Bowls to fulfill your expectations. Well, that just isn't going to happen to a passer with a 76 QB rating and 54% completion percentage.

Remember that when he thuds back to earth this year with 7 or 8 wins and the Colts don't make the playoffs while Seattle and Washington do make the playoffs. Then will you say that I was wrong about Andrew Luck, the most overhyped and overrated player in NFL history? He may eventually be that good but some of you have him where he has to win 5 MVPs and four Super Bowls to fulfill your expectations. Well, that just isn't going to happen to a passer with a 76 QB rating and 54% completion percentage.

i will, and you remember how wrong you were when we do make the playoffs

The Peyton sized hole in your heart is really bumming me out :(.

The Peyton sized hole in your heart is really bumming me out :(.

Don't bother. I get to see him in Denver. I watch the Colts too and I like what I see in Luck but some people have gone way overboard on what he has done and ignore the improvements he has to make but that have lots of excuses for all of that. We will see. I think Wilson and Seattle will be contenders this year. Washington has a struggle because it is a really tough division historically. I do expect another great season from RGIII with more passing and less running than last year. The threat will be there. I also expect to see a great year from Cam Newton. Luck? Well, we will see.... Here is hoping for the best.

I will go down and you can bring this back up and Ill eat crow if it does happen. peyton will not win another super bowl

Peyton is much more likely to win a Super Bowl this year than Andrew Luck ever will be..... He may not win it and Luck may never even get there. Better QBs than him have gone an entire career without winning a Super Bowl and better QBs have never even gotten to the Super Bowl.

last time i checked Peyton didn't play defense. Football is a team game

People tend to forget this and try to act like the NFL is like the NBA where a single player can really dictate wins like Jordan or Lebron can.  People spout how much of a winner Tom Brady is, but without Adam Vinaterri the way we view Tom as a winner could be entirely different.

I would say that Peyton now is probably underrated by our own fanbase given what he did for this franchise. 

Don't bother. I get to see him in Denver. I watch the Colts too and I like what I see in Luck but some people have gone way overboard on what he has done and ignore the improvements he has to make but that have lots of excuses for all of that. We will see. I think Wilson and Seattle will be contenders this year. Washington has a struggle because it is a really tough division historically. I do expect another great season from RGIII with more passing and less running than last year. The threat will be there. I also expect to see a great year from Cam Newton. Luck? Well, we will see.... Here is hoping for the best.

Don't worry buddy. Depression makes people think crazy things all the time. Andrew will cheer you up before its all said and done.

Least we get to go from Peyton to Luck, and not Peyton to Sanchez haha.

Don't worry buddy. Depression makes people think crazy things all the time. Andrew will cheer you up before its all said and done.

Least we get to go from Peyton to Luck, and not Peyton to Sanchez haha.

Luck is more likely to be "Sanchez" than he ever is to be like Peyton.

Luck is more likely to be "Sanchez" than he ever is to be like Peyton.

Like I said. Depression makes people think crazy crazy things lol.

Also is the mentality of most who haven't gotten over Peyton. It's more important to root against the new guy, Luck, than to cheer for him with the chance he might actually replace Peyton's importance to the franchise.

Tough spot for some I suppose.

Also is the mentality of most who haven't gotten over Peyton. It's more important to root against the new guy, Luck, than to cheer for him with the chance he might actually replace Peyton's importance to the franchise.

Not tough at all. I root for Luck not against him. But I don't but super unrealistic goals for him either. He is a second year player. Just as many or more second year players step backwards as go forward. I am waiting to see what he does.

Not tough at all. I root for Luck not against him. But I don't but super unrealistic goals for him either. He is a second year player. Just as many or more second year players step backwards as go forward. I am waiting to see what he does.

See that's what I don't get people who say "I root for Luck and the Colts," but everyone knows they would be the most happy if he crashed and burned so they could go, "See I told everyone letting Peyton go was a mistake!"

Just own it, because its not like you hide it well lol.

i hope Andrew becomes a better qb than Peyton. But he will never replace Peytons importance to the city and franchise

See that's what I don't get people who say "I root for Luck and the Colts," but everyone knows they would be the most happy if he crashed and burned so they could go, "See I told everyone letting Peyton go was a mistake!"

Just own it, because its not like you hide it well lol.

I think I have made is quite clear that I already think the Colts made a big mistake.

But a 57% completion percentage and a 71 QB rating is a completely different story...

No, but there better some big changes in the coming three years or the Colts had a bust draft. I already think that is true but logically I know you need to give two or three years to see what really happens.

the point still remains peyton had everything everyone said held him back in indy and still went one and done

Well, if Denver doesn't win it this year the fans/media can just blame Wes Welker.....it works for NE.

No, but there better some big changes in the coming three years or the Colts had a bust draft. I already think that is true but logically I know you need to give two or three years to see what really happens.

And that's a perfect example of why no one takes you seriously.

Peyton is much more likely to win a Super Bowl this year than Andrew Luck ever will be..... He may not win it and Luck may never even get there. Better QBs than him have gone an entire career without winning a Super Bowl and better QBs have never even gotten to the Super Bowl.

so your saying peyton in his 2 at most 3 years he has left has a better chance then luck in winning a super bowl who still has a good 12 years to do so

so your saying peyton in his 2 at most 3 years he has left has a better chance then luck in winning a super bowl who still has a good 12 years to do so

Absolutely. We know Peyton can get there and he is on a good team. We have no idea if Luck can get there or not. That doesn't mean that he won't but I would bet against it. Check how many years the Colts went before Peyton took them to a Super Bowl. You have that long of a wait again.

Absolutely. We know Peyton can get there and he is on a good team. We have no idea if Luck can get there or not. That doesn't mean that he won't but I would bet against it. Check how many years the Colts went before Peyton took them to a Super Bowl. You have that long of a wait again.

yea because we won so many super bowls with peyton. check your history. peyton's playoff failures follows him where ever he goes. it has nothing to do with what team hes on. he couldnt win in college. he only one with us and along with 7 one and dones and hes not gonna win in denver.