Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lavon Brazill Suspended for First 4 Games

Andy

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Colts players never got in trouble???  :scratch:

This just opens up the door for a guy like Whalen to take Brazil's spot.  

I am sure there would be more players on the Colts roster and in the NFL get busted for this if the NFL did some real testing, but honestly I am glad they do not because it is not that big of a deal to me.

I thought Colts players never got in trouble???  :scratch:

This just opens up the door for a guy like Whalen to take Brazil's spot.  

I am sure there would be more players on the Colts roster and in the NFL get busted for this if the NFL did some real testing, but honestly I am glad they do not because it is not that big of a deal to me.

Well, unless it was for meth

Well just saw site that said Griff Whalen was 1 of 10 players of possibly of not making the team and on the bubble, but looks like this changes what they thought heh.....

Go Colts!!!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1682313-indianapolis-colts-10-players-firmly-on-the-roster-bubble?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

I don't know what he tested positive for...hgh...steroids, marijuana, if its adderall and he has a prescription I'm not really big on the league suspending guys for that. I ran a pharmacy for 11 years and I saw 25-33% of kids from 10-24 on this drug for ADHD. Not saying I believed it was healthy or necessary for most but if its a legit issue it is really important for them to stay on it....

Griff Whalen #4 WR!!!!! :yahoo:

Sorry to hear about Brazill though

We just lost a potential target for Luck. Why are you so happy? I understand if you're a Whalen fan, but if he's any good, he'll find a way on the roster, regardless. Me personally, I'm all for as much competition at each position as possible. The cream always rises, right?

I hope Brazill keeps his spot, he was a good target for Luck last year. 

However i can see him losing it with other people like Whalen, Palmer, Kelley and others who are probably itching for the chance to make the roster.

Also that would probably free up space for TE's like Cunningham to get more snaps while Brazill is out.

One thing i'm glad about though is at least it isn't someone like Wayne or Hilton who is out.

It's funny cause in that Thread we had about Pagano telling the gang to stay Out of Trouble I clearly stated that this is a new era so hopefully the young guys keep our good name going

Well, so much for that. Hopefully this is a one time offense and he really learns his lesson

We just lost a potential target for Luck. Why are you so happy? I understand if you're a Whalen fan, but if he's any good, he'll find a way on the roster, regardless. Me personally, I'm all for as much competition at each position as possible. The cream always rises, right?

Yes we saw the cream rise to make our roster last season. Olson...

I'm not happy about his suspension. I'm happy Whalen gets more PT since he'll be the #4. You have a higher chance of getting in at #4 than #5. So come week 1 Whalen will see the field and the Stanford Triangle (Luck, Fleener, & Whalen) will be in full effect :)

That's why I'm happy, hope that clears that up for you

It's funny cause in that Thread we had about Pagano telling the gang to stay Out of Trouble I clearly stated that this is a new era so hopefully the young guys keep our good name going

Well, so much for that. Hopefully this is a one time offense and he really learns his lesson

TK this probably all occurred before Pagano told them to stay out of trouble.  It's likely he was tested at mini camp and the suspension is just getting announced.  Why even take a chance on taking anything though?

TK this probably all occurred before Pagano told them to stay out of trouble. It's likely he was tested at mini camp and the suspension is just getting announced. Why even take a chance on taking anything though?

Well it took them long enough. Yet only took 10.5 seconds to announce the Hernandez investigation thing.

Regardless of when it was like I said, I hope he learns from it

I don't know what he tested positive for...hgh...steroids, marijuana, if its adderall and he has a prescription I'm not really big on the league suspending guys for that. I ran a pharmacy for 11 years and I saw 25-33% of kids from 10-24 on this drug for ADHD. Not saying I believed it was healthy or necessary for most but if its a legit issue it is really important for them to stay on it....

wouldn't be adderall or steroids... those are PED's... report says Substance Abuse... probably marijuana ... can't understand why these kids take a chance on throwing away great opportunities...  

I like Brazil and still hope he can become a hidden jewel in Grig's 1st draft... 

I'm not happy about his suspension. I'm happy Whalen gets more PT since he'll be the #4. You have a higher chance of getting in at #4 than #5. So come week 1 Whalen will see the field and the Stanford Triangle (Luck, Fleener, & Whalen) will be in full effect :)

That's why I'm happy, hope that clears that up for you

Why would you want Whalen gettng more PT? Brazill is better

If he has a prescription it's not against nfl rules.....correct?

Why would you want Whalen gettng more PT? Brazill is better

Cause of all the news Kevin Bowen and Mike Chappell have been giving on Twitter & this forum about how well Whalen has been doing. I wanna see it for myself now. That's why. No one on the WR core (Except Wayne, Hilton, & apparently DHB) is locked in to make the roster. So TC will be interesting if Whalen is really as good in pads as he's been in MiniCamp

Does anyone know the rules on how a suspended player impacts the roster? E.g., does a suspended player count against the 53 man roster while suspended? I guess what I'm asking is can Brazill make the team and have his roster spot filled by another WR while he is suspended?

I believe he's inactive, and doesn't take a roster spot while suspended. Still counts against the 90 man preseason roster, but won't count against the 53 man roster during his suspension.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

I believe he's inactive, and doesn't take a roster spot while suspended. Still counts against the 90 man preseason roster, but won't count against the 53 man roster during his suspension.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

That's what I was thinking too, but I did a little digging and couldn't substantiate this (and didn't want to spend anymore time looking so thought I would ask).

If that is correct, I still think he makes the team and knocks whoever the 5th WR is off the active roster once his suspension is over.