Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold Predictions for AFC

ruf

I got carried away..... 

attachicon.gifAll Results .jpg

attachicon.gifDiV.jpg

AFC WC                                                           NFC WC

MIA vs PIT - PIT                                                WSH vs SEA - WSH

CIN vs NE - CIN                                                 NYG vs ATL - ATL

AFC DIV                                                           NFC DIV

PIT vs DEM - DEN                                            WSH vs SF - SF

IND vs CIN - IND                                               GB vs ATL - GB

AFC CHAMP                                                    NFC CHAMP

DEN vs IND - DEN                                            SF vs GB - GB

What I saw out of that W/L graph for the Colts is you have us losing our first back-to-back games in the Luck era. Both the Broncos and the Texans are talented but I think we will beat the Texans coming out of the BYE week. They are division rivals, typically they have shown to falter down the stretch... which bodes well for a week 9 win, and they will have yet to experience our new offense/defense. I think our new ground game is gonna expose them as just another AFC South team that gets in our way to the playoffs... just like the Manning era.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I saw out of that W/L graph for the Colts is you have us losing our first back-to-back games in the Luck era. Both the Broncos and the Texans are talented but I think we will beat the Texans coming out of the BYE week. They are division rivals, typically they have shown to falter down the stretch... which bodes well for a week 9 win, and they will have yet to experience our new offense/defense. I think our new ground game is gonna expose them as just another AFC South team that gets in our way to the playoffs... just like the Manning era.

This was a borderline game when I was weighing it all up, but in the end I thought a home/away split with the Texans was the fairest call I could make at this stage.

This was a borderline game when I was weighing it all up, but in the end I thought a home/away split with the Texans was the fairest call I could make at this stage.

I did't take into account where the game was being played. That will make it a bit more difficult. Only time will tell...

I did't take into account where the game was being played. That will make it a bit more difficult. Only time will tell...

Of course, Its farce to try and predict to this level of detail at this stage but once I started looking at the other posts I started and couldn't stop. I do think that even with a tougher schedule we have a chance of the division and overall the AFC is much weaker IMO than the NFC which is good news for us :)

Of course, Its farce to try and predict to this level of detail at this stage but once I started looking at the other posts I started and couldn't stop. I do think that even with a tougher schedule we have a chance of the division and overall the AFC is much weaker IMO than the NFC which is good news for us :)

Off topic but, I love the Luck Lego Man in your avatar! :)

Glorified slot receiver? That's exactly what Hernandez is.

Hernandez is a legit receiver/HB hybrid who can literally lineup in any of the receiver positions and win his matchup... AND he's a better blocker than Clark ever was. 

Hernandez is a legit receiver/HB hybrid who can literally lineup in any of the receiver positions and win his matchup... AND he's a better blocker than Clark ever was.

I agree, except with the blocking part. He has his hand in the dirt about as often as Reggie Wayne.

Hernandez is a good blocker for a WR. New England doesn't even give him a lot of blocking duties as a TE.

That is because Gronkowski is an elite blocker. Nevertheless, he is versatile in many other ways, and (bar his height) is the poster boy of what a modern TE should be...and I mean that from an on-the-field-only perspective.

That is because Gronkowski is an elite blocker. Nevertheless, he is versatile in many other ways, and (bar his height) is the poster boy of what a modern TE should be...and I mean that from an on-the-field-only perspective.

If his poster is covered up by Gronk, Jimmy Smith, Vernon Davis, etc... I like Hernandez as a player, but his basically a slightly more athletic version of Dallas Clark.

If his poster is covered up by Gronk, Jimmy Smith, Vernon Davis, etc... I like Hernandez as a player, but his basically a slightly more athletic version of Dallas Clark.

I presume you mean Jimmy Graham. Those guys are all athletic freaks, but none bring Hernandez' versatility to the table.

What I saw out of that W/L graph for the Colts is you have us losing our first back-to-back games in the Luck era. Both the Broncos and the Texans are talented but I think we will beat the Texans coming out of the BYE week. They are division rivals, typically they have shown to falter down the stretch... which bodes well for a week 9 win, and they will have yet to experience our new offense/defense. I think our new ground game is gonna expose them as just another AFC South team that gets in our way to the playoffs... just like the Manning erA

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...............................

Been saying it all offseason. I want a Colts/Pats showdown in the next playoffs. It should be a rule. We have to play NE every year and they are not on our schedule this year. I feel robbed.

So it must happen in the playoffs. And we have to make it and we will and so does NE. I don't care what the experts say about the Colts or how many Pats TEs go to jail and what not.

Colts/Pats showdown.....January. And I'll say the Colts win right now. I mean is it bold? Not sure......maybe.

Lets do it.

soon-horse.jpg

The Texans will also be out of a bye week and will be at home.  Last year we played very poorly on the road against any decent team and we have not been good in Houston for a while.  Also, we will have to stop Arian Foster after a weeks rest at his home and we have yet to do that.

The Texans will also be out of a bye week and will be at home.  Last year we played very poorly on the road against any decent team and we have not been good in Houston for a while.  Also, we will have to stop Arian Foster after a weeks rest at his home and we have yet to do that.

the D the colts have now are made for stoping Arian Foster

My next bold prediction is the Colts will have their best offseason ever and the Pats their worst......oh....that already happened. Okay, here is the real one . Grigson overtakes Captain Monotone as the resident AFC genius. Well, at least the seed will be planted this year. It grows like a weed from then on until the hooded one finally pulls the hoodie over his head and calls it a career.

New England's Game # 1 

Tebow will fake the hold for the kick, and throw a pass to himself and take it in for a TD. Next series, he will play fullback and run it in for the TD. Then he will switch to LB and and intercept every pass the opposing QB throws for TD's.

See I can be silly too! :)