Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Should I keep....?

Gramz

I have a few months to decide, but looking ahead for Fantasy Football

We're in a Keeper League.   I can keep 2 players from last year.  I am pretty sure I know who I'll keep, but thought I'd ask your input.    

Not Listing my Entire team from last year, but 1/2 doz possibiliites to keep

Andrew Luck

Ray Rice

Eric Decker

Reggie Wayne

Jamaal Charles

Bears DEF

We're in a Keeper League.   I can keep 2 players from last year.  I am pretty sure I know who I'll keep, but thought I'd ask your input.    

Andrew Luck

Ray Rice

Eric Decker

Reggie Wayne

Jamaal Charles

Bears DEF

I would go Luck and Charles

Andrew Luck

Ray Rice

Eric Decker

Reggie Wayne

Jamaal Charles

Bears DEF

Depends what the scoring format is.     

But I really think Luck is in for BIG year, and you are a Colt fan?  Andrew Luck was the first player taken in my keeper league last season.       I would do anything to have Luck in my main keeper league.

Can't go wrong with two of Luck, Rice, and Charles.

Depends what the scoring format is.     

But I really think Luck is in for BIG year, and you are a Colt fan?  Andrew Luck was the first player taken in my keeper league last season.       I would do anything to have Luck in my main keeper league.

Can't go wrong with two of Luck, Rice, and Charles.

^^^  this.    I want to keep all 3,  can only keep 2

If it's a keeper league then you keep the young STUD QB.       Esp if you are a Colt fan.

I believe Rice will end up splitting carries with Pierce this season.

I've gotten luck numerous times in the 10th round

It's pretty easy...     If Gramz is in Indiana and all members of her league are from Indiana, (it is a keeper league, so they probably know each other) then there is no way she drops AL.      IF, she is playing with a bunch of other teams fans then odds she COULD get him in the 3rd - 7th.   (after subtracting all keepers)

I'm would not taking that chance.       All of my keeper league members are in central IN.   Colts don't last real long,  esp the QB.

The way Luck runs I see him having a top 5 season statistically fantasy wise.   I would keep him regardless.

So then there's no point in keeping him if you can draft him

Rice and Charles by far. Good QB's easy to find, but good RBs go fast.

I am just not a big believer in Rice this year. Normally, I would be but, that is a pass first team now and they are quietly adopting the RBBC approach. Don't be surprised when Rice finishes outside of the top 10 RBs... just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just not a big believer in Rice this year. Normally, I would be but, that is a pass first team now and they are quietly adopting the RBBC approach. Don't be surprised when Rice finishes outside of the top 10 RBs... just my two cents.

IMO... Charles is on the rise, but is prolly always going to be an injury risk. Rice is likely past his prime, and is going to start losing touches. Luck is a rising star and tough/durable.

That said, unless you're in a league that starts 2 QBs, I would still keep Rice and Charles this year. Fantasy football isn't the place to be a homer. Leave that to players who want to lose.

There is a complicated statistical analysis I could get into (but won't... you can PM me, Gramz, if you want to get into that) that shows that the scoring potential for RBs drop off much quicker than for QBs, RBs tend to be more injury prone and miss more games, and in most leagues you need to start 2-3.

You need a solid stable of RBs to make it through a typical FF season, but usually only need 1 decent QB (plus a smart one week bye week pickup).

Unless one or both gets injured before you have to decide, go with the running backs.

Schwamm    Scoring...    roster....     and    on and on ... 

are huge factors into a lineup.   

MOST leagues anymore DO NOT use Yahoo default scoring...    Which totally screws a QB.    

QB's that play in leagues that GET REWARDED....          are an item.

I really look forward to seeing you in Andy's league...  

:thmup:

IMO... Charles is on the rise, but is prolly always going to be an injury risk. Rice is likely past his prime, and is going to start losing touches. Luck is a rising star and tough/durable.

That said, unless you're in a league that starts 2 QBs, I would still keep Rice and Charles this year. Fantasy football isn't the place to be a homer. Leave that to players who want to lose.

There is a complicated statistical analysis I could get into (but won't... you can PM me, Gramz, if you want to get into that) that shows that the scoring potential for RBs drop off much quicker than for QBs, RBs tend to be more injury prone and miss more games, and in most leagues you need to start 2-3.

You need a solid stable of RBs to make it through a typical FF season, but usually only need 1 decent QB (plus a smart one week bye week pickup).

Unless one or both gets injured before you have to decide, go with the running backs.

Schwamm Scoring... roster.... and on and on ...

are huge factors into a lineup.

MOST leagues anymore DO NOT use Yahoo default scoring... Which totally screws a QB.

QB's that play in leagues that GET REWARDED.... are an item.

I really look forward to seeing you in Andy's league...

:thmup:

Meh. I've had this debate a thousand times over the years. I really don't care what the scoring setup is. Now, if its a league that only starts 1 RB and 1 WR... maybe that could make a difference, but I've never run into that configuration.

I'm not going to bore everyone with the explanation. There have only been 3 times in the last decade where an early QB pick would've been justified (Manning & Brady's record years, Vick's big return), but no way could someone have predicted the anomalous jumps.

And sorry. I'm retired.

Unless something changes drastically between now and our Draft,  I will keep Rice and Charles, and pick Andrew up.  I'm in a league with a bunch of Bengals, Browns (amazing there are such Fans,  eh..???)  and Broncos Fans,  I am sure I will be able to get Luck again... ;)

Meh. I've had this debate a thousand times over the years. I really don't care what the scoring setup is. Now, if its a league that only starts 1 RB and 1 WR... maybe that could make a difference, but I've never run into that configuration.

I'm not going to bore everyone with the explanation. There have only been 3 times in the last decade where an early QB pick would've been justified (Manning & Brady's record years, Vick's big return), but no way could someone have predicted the anomalous jumps.

And sorry. I'm retired.

LOL..  are you that arrogant?

My $$$  league scores QB's 6 per TD,  1 every 20 pass yards, 2 every > 300, 3 every > 350, and rushing yards are the norm.   And NO negative points for "screw ups"    ...     A stud QB is a priority in THIS league.    Others ....   not so.

D, DP, and K are also HUGE ...  but I guess they  don't matter either.    

So you are telling me a BIG time QB is not important?    QB is the HIGHEST scoring position in the Witness Protection Program (my primary league).

To simply poo poo ANY scoring format is *IC.        

Guess there is a reason you are "retired" .. . 

Unless something changes drastically between now and our Draft,  I will keep Rice and Charles, and pick Andrew up.  I'm in a league with a bunch of Bengals, Browns (amazing there are such Fans,  eh..???)  and Broncos Fans,  I am sure I will be able to get Luck again... ;)

Sound strategy...    can never go wrong with solid RB's...     

LOL.. are you that arrogant?

My $$$ league scores QB's 6 per TD, 1 every 20 pass yards, 2 every > 300, 3 every > 350, and rushing yards are the norm. And NO negative points for "screw ups" ... A stud QB is a priority in THIS league. Others .... not so.

D, DP, and K are also HUGE ... but I guess they don't matter either.

So you are telling me a BIG time QB is not important? QB is the HIGHEST scoring position in the Witness Protection Program (my primary league).

To simply poo poo ANY scoring format is *IC.

Guess there is a reason you are "retired" .. .

Sound strategy... can never go wrong with solid RB's...

I guess I'm *ic, then.

I don't agree with your conclusions about QB scoring, even with the performance bonuses you've described.

But you know best, I guess... and I'm happy to be focused on being a new dad instead of worrying about showing you otherwise...

Right On..   play the "real life card" .....

I get it...  

Wow...  a FF player since the mid 80's and a new daddy?  

Interesting...      

Good Luck....    ;)

I guess I'm *ic, then.

I don't agree with your conclusions about QB scoring, even with the performance bonuses you've described.

But you know best, I guess... and I'm happy to be focused on being a new dad instead of worrying about showing you otherwise...

Right On.. play the "real life card" .....

I get it...

Wow... a FF player since the mid 80's and a new daddy?

Interesting...

Good Luck.... ;)

So do the math. I'm 44. Old for a first time dad, to be sure. All the more reason why I might not have as much enthusiasm for chasing my son, running a business, AND playing a game that invariably is a time suck for me.

• 1 month later...

Here's hoping you had a great draft, and a great season Gramz!

Our Draft is @ 5:00 today.  You know,  so Gramz can provide dinner for everyone   ;)    

I will let you know how I do...   

btw..CF4L   thank you for my 1800th "like"

Draft Over.   Happy with some picks,  just okay with the others..

my team:

QB's   Russell Wilson and  Joe Flacco

RB's    Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, Darren Sproles, Vick Ballard, Fred Jackson

WR's   Julio Jones, Wes Welker, Anquan Boldin

TE       Greg Olsen

K          Matt Prater

DEF     San Francisco