Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Offensive player 2013-14 predictions

Let's have this topic dedicated to projecting our major offensive players stats this season (Luck, Wayne, DHB, Hilton, Fleener, Allen, Bradshaw, Ballard)

Luck- 4900 yards, 37 TD's, 14 INT's, 61 Comp %

Bradshaw- 220 carries, 4.7 YPC, 1034 Yards, 7 TD's

Ballard- 130 carries, 4.4 YPC, 572 Yards, 5 TD's

Wayne- 93 Rec, 1,175 Yards, 8 TD's

DHB- 68 Rec, 950 Yards, 8 TD's

Hilton- 47 Rec, 740 yards, 7 TD's

Fleener- 39 Rec, 543 yards, 9 TD's

Allen- 32 Rec, 470 Yards, 3 TD's

So I see Wayne having his steady close to 100 Rec, Over 1000 yard and a good amount of TD season, DHB really emerging as a big YPC guy a threat in the endzone (in Oakland last year he did have 5 TD's), Hilton taking a minor stepback stats wise but improving with better hands and more efficiency, Fleener as a major part of the offense in the redzone, and Allen as taking a step back stats wise but continuing to be his all around great TE self blocking and allowing for the offense to click better in short yardage situations. 

I see Luck having a pretty great Sophomore year with enough weapons and a good running game really helping him. Along with the familiarity with his college coach and a more efficient passing attack. Possibly at least in the top 5 of the MVP race, hopefully. 

Bradshaw will be the lead back because he is just better than Bradshaw as long as he is healthy. It's been known we want to run more so I see both Bradshaw and Ballard getting a good amount of carries but Bradshaw getting more. Each will have decent YPC and find the endzone a good amount.

So all in all, I obviously see the potential for a well balanced offense that breeds on efficiency and the ability to go deep with Hilton and DHB. 

Predictions?

Luck- ~4,500 yards 29 TDs, 12 INTs, 62% completion

Bradshaw- 210 carries, 900 yards, 5 TDs

Ballard- 140 carries, 616 yards, 3 TDs

Wayne- 97 catches, 1,200 yards, 7 TDs

TY- 60 catches 1,100 yards, 7 TDs

DHB- 50 catches, 750 yards, 3 TDs

Fleener- 50 catches, 650 yards, 6 TDs

Allen- 35 catches, 500 yards, 5 TDs

Other WRs: 35 catches 500, 1-2 TDs

I don't see Andrew Luck throwing over 4,500 but that's just my opinion

I doubt we have a rushing attack on the level people want, and a level which would allow Andy to throw less. I expect around 4500

Luck: 4457 yards 37 TDs 12INTs. 63% Completions

Bradshaw: 243 Carries, 1070 yards, 7 TDs, 4.4 YPA

Ballard : 117 Carries, 456 yards, 4 TDs, 3.9 YPA

Wayne: 90 rec, 1391 yards, 10 TDs, 14.9 YPC

Hilton: 65 rec, 1037 yards, 8TDs, 15.9 YPC

DHB: 55 rec, 840 yards, 5 TDs, 15.2 YPC

Fleener: 61 rec, 622 yards, 7 TDs, 10.2 YPC

I just think Fleener needs to come out swinging cause if he don't I think Allen will take off as the #1 option at TE

I prefer to think option 1A and 1B for 12 years or so my friend....They will both succeed in this offense...mark my word!! ;)

:colts:  :colts:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet: !!!!

Why is everyone projecting Bradshaw to get over 12 carries/game? For a guy whose spent much of his career with foot issues, 12-13 carries/game seems a little high to me, considering I doubt we run the ball more than 30 times/game. 

Personally, I see the rushing attempts/game breakdown to look more like this:

Bradshaw-- 8 carries/game

Ballard-- 15 carries/game

Everyone else-- 7 carries/game

This way we can optimize the skill-set for the players involved in our rushing attack. Bradshaw is going to be used, IMO, as the back that blocks oncoming pass-rushers more than he is as a running back, simply because it will limit his wear and tear, allowing him to remain healthy for the late season (and potentially, the post-season). 

Total Breakdown:

Andrew Luck -- ~4700 yards, 35 TD passes, 12INT, 64%passcomp, 150 yards rushing, 3RushTD

Vick Ballard -- 240 rushes, 4.8YPC, 1150 yards, 5TD, 190Passing yards, 1 receiving TD

Ahmad Bradshaw -- 128 rushes, 4.9YPC, 630 yards, 4TD, 240 passing yards, 3 receiving TD

Everyone Else -- 112 rushes, 4.8YPC, 540 yards, 4TD

Reggie Wayne -- 1050 yards, 90rec, 6TD

DHB -- 900 yards, 60rec, 5TD

TYH -- 600 yards, 50rec, 7TD

Fleener -- 750 yards, 45rec, 6TD

Allen -- 500 yards, 50rec, 3TD

Everyone Else -- 470 yards, 4TD

I just think it's kinda hard to predict the stats when Pep made it clear that we'll play based on the opposition weakness. So I really do see it as a "No Coast" offense the more and more I think about it. So it could be like this

Week 1: Raiders- Weakness: Weaker front than Secondary

So that game we would probably run the ball a lot and set up play action

Week 2- Dolphins: Weakness: Pretty good defensive front suspect secondary.

So this game we air it out more than we run it

Week 3: 49ers- Weakness: Secondary

Another air it out game cause running against the 49ers is possible, but more than likely you will fail at it.

Thats just how I see this offense operating imo

Why is everyone projecting Bradshaw to get over 12 carries/game? For a guy whose spent much of his career with foot issues, 12-13 carries/game seems a little high to me, considering I doubt we run the ball more than 30 times/game. 

Personally, I see the rushing attempts/game breakdown to look more like this:

Bradshaw-- 8 carries/game

Ballard-- 15 carries/game

Everyone else-- 7 carries/game

This way we can optimize the skill-set for the players involved in our rushing attack. Bradshaw is going to be used, IMO, as the back that blocks oncoming pass-rushers more than he is as a running back, simply because it will limit his wear and tear, allowing him to remain healthy for the late season (and potentially, the post-season). 

Total Breakdown:

Andrew Luck -- ~4700 yards, 35 TD passes, 12INT, 64%passcomp, 150 yards rushing, 3RushTD

Vick Ballard -- 240 rushes, 4.8YPC, 1150 yards, 5TD, 190Passing yards, 1 receiving TD

Ahmad Bradshaw -- 128 rushes, 4.9YPC, 630 yards, 4TD, 240 passing yards, 3 receiving TD

Everyone Else -- 112 rushes, 4.8YPC, 540 yards, 4TD

Reggie Wayne -- 1050 yards, 90rec, 6TD

DHB -- 900 yards, 60rec, 5TD

TYH -- 600 yards, 50rec, 7TD

Fleener -- 750 yards, 45rec, 6TD

Allen -- 500 yards, 50rec, 3TD

Everyone Else -- 470 yards, 4TD

Bradshaw can get over 8 carries per game lol, And the other RB's won't get 7 Carries a game, maybe 3. I think you overstate. Bradshaw's injury problems.He was the main RB in NYK and gotta a ton of carries every week and he got hurt, so why would he all of the sudden come here and not even get 10 per game?

Luck 390/450 5500 yards 52tds 8ints

Wayne 90 rec 1000 yards 8 tds

Bey 70 rec 1200 yards 12 tds

Hilton 65 rec 1000 yards 10 tds

Fleener 700 yards 7 tds

Allen 600 yards 6 tds

Whalen 500 yards 5 tds

Bradshall ballard get over 1000 yards rushing brown gets 500

So the greatest statistical season in NFL history?

No pressure.

Fleener 700 yards 7 tds

Allen 600 yards 6 tds

Whalen 500 yards 5 tds

Stephen, I love your rose tinted crystal ball as always :)

Fleener 700 yards 7 tds

Allen 600 yards 6 tds

Whalen 500 yards 5 tds

Look at those perfect, round numbers

lol that's my dream scenario his actual numbers will prob be closer to this

Luck 380/500 4600 yards 40 tds 12 ints

Wayne 6tds

bey 8tds

Hilton 8tds

fleener 5tds

allen 5 tds

whalen 4 tds

Williams 2

halivi 2 tds

I don't understand. If you are going to project record setting completion percentage (by a mile) yardage and TDs, why so many INTs? I say take the idea the whole way, and predict ZERO mistakes!

Fleener 700 yards 7 tds

Allen 600 yards 6 tds

Whalen 500 yards 5 tds

52 Tds ? 3 receivers with 1000+? NA we won't be throwing that much

Luck won't throw for that many yards will have a more balanced attack and our defense will be better.

Luck: 4,400 yards, 30TD's, 14INT's, 64%

Ballard: 225 carries, 4.5 YPC, 1012 Yards, 7 TD's

Bradshaw: 150 carries, 4.7 YPC, 705 Yards, 6, TD's

Wayne: 90 Rec, 1,100 Yards, 6TD's

Fleener: 77 Rec, 900 Yards, 9 TD's

Hilton: 65 Rec 1,050 Yards, 7 TD's

DHB: 55 Rec, 700 Yards, 5 TD's

Allen: 30 Rec, 400 Yards, 3 TD's

Bradshaw 22 Rec, 250 Yards

Hey all, Giants fan. Bradshaw is my favorite player so I am following him here.

My thoughts, use bradshaw as a true third down back.

130 carries 4.8 YPC

350 receiving

Bradshaw has bulked up compared to his early years. The weight plus injuries have made him less explosive. I would like to see him lighter. No 20 or 30 carry games like last year. They were great games to watch but that wore him down way too fast. If he stays healthy he could be utilized more down the stretch like a sprolls type player.

The giants had oline issues and they did not seem to have to many receiving plays out of the backfield. That is where he can be most deadly. That and he is one of the best blocking running backs in the NFL (usually at the top). Your really going to enjoy watching him cutting down blitzing linebackers!

52 Tds ? 3 receivers with 1000+? NA we won't be throwing that much

If u notice i dont have luck throwing alot i have him being extremely efficient and the receivers will get lots of yards after catch

Fleener 700 yards 7 tds

Allen 600 yards 6 tds

Whalen 500 yards 5 tds

Wayne 6tds

bey 8tds

Hilton 8tds

fleener 5tds

allen 5 tds

whalen 4 tds

Williams 2

halivi 2 tds

In the first line of stats the Td's Luck throws is not equal to what you have divide up amongst other players but, in the second set of stats they match up perfectly. I don't really care but my ocd quirks dictate that I point it out. Now I can sleep. G'night!!!

In the first line of stats the Td's Luck throws is not equal to what you have divide up amongst other players but, in the second set of stats they match up perfectly. I don't really care but my ocd quirks dictate that I point it out. Now I can sleep. G'night!!!

Thats because in first one i didnt put tds scored by players i didnt list

Let's have this topic dedicated to projecting our major offensive players stats this season (Luck, Wayne, DHB, Hilton, Fleener, Allen, Bradshaw, Ballard)

Luck- 4900 yards, 37 TD's, 14 INT's, 61 Comp %

What makes you think he will have a 61% completion percentage? What makes you think he will throw for 37 TDs? Only a few QBs in history have done that. I think the 14 INTs will be about right but on the low side. I don't doubt the yardage because I think they will throw it a ton. If they use the running game as much as they say, he won't come close to that.

Bradshaw- 220 carries, 4.7 YPC, 1034 Yards, 7 TD's

You think this line will let a runner average 4.7 YPC? I don't. I think he will be close to the 1000 yard mark but with a lot more carries.

Ballard- 130 carries, 4.4 YPC, 572 Yards, 5 TD's

You must really be in love with that Oline! I think the carries are about right but about 1 yard per carry heavy.

Wayne- 93 Rec, 1,175 Yards, 8 TD's

I wouldn't doubt it, he pretty reliable.

DHB- 68 Rec, 950 Yards, 8 TD's

A really good pickup if he does this and he might.

Hilton- 47 Rec, 740 yards, 7 TD's

I doubt that many yards and that many TDs.

Fleener- 39 Rec, 543 yards, 9 TD's

Way too many yards and TDs in my view....

Allen- 32 Rec, 470 Yards, 3 TD's

Too many yards.

So I see Wayne having his steady close to 100 Rec, Over 1000 yard and a good amount of TD season, DHB really emerging as a big YPC guy a threat in the endzone (in Oakland last year he did have 5 TD's), Hilton taking a minor stepback stats wise but improving with better hands and more efficiency, Fleener as a major part of the offense in the redzone, and Allen as taking a step back stats wise but continuing to be his all around great TE self blocking and allowing for the offense to click better in short yardage situations. 

I see Luck having a pretty great Sophomore year with enough weapons and a good running game really helping him. Along with the familiarity with his college coach and a more efficient passing attack. Possibly at least in the top 5 of the MVP race, hopefully. 

Bradshaw will be the lead back because he is just better than Bradshaw as long as he is healthy. It's been known we want to run more so I see both Bradshaw and Ballard getting a good amount of carries but Bradshaw getting more. Each will have decent YPC and find the endzone a good amount.

So all in all, I obviously see the potential for a well balanced offense that breeds on efficiency and the ability to go deep with Hilton and DHB. 

Predictions?

Not as rosy as you have it....

Wayne 6tds

bey 8tds

Hilton 8tds

fleener 5tds

allen 5 tds

whalen 4 tds

Williams 2

halivi 2 tds

Stephen.....

Don't know if you're aware of this, but what you think is the more realistic scenario for Luck has him throwing 500 times and completing 380 of them.   That's 76% which I think would be a new NFL all-time record by about 4-5 percent.

I think the chances of that happening this year are pretty close to...........  zero.

His completion percentage this year will likely be in the 60's....    the question is, will it be the low 60's or the mid-60's?

I doubt his first year in this system he'll jump to the high 60's.

Respectfully,  I think those are far more realistic numbers....

Just some food for thought.....

Some of you guys are going to be very disappointed...

If posters would only look at what they write and do some simple math and start adding things up I think they'd realize how completely unrealistic some of their projections really are....

I think your prediction, Superman, of Colts fans being disappointed is an understatement.....     but basically,  you're right.

If posters would only look at what they write and do some simple math and start adding things up I think they'd realize how completely unrealistic some of their projections really are....

I think your prediction, Superman, of Colts fans being disappointed is an understatement.....     but basically,  you're right.

I said last year after we drafted Luck that he was being overhyped, and that my feeling had very little to do with his ability. He is a tremendous talent and is going to be a dang good quarterback. I've said that I think his worst case scenario is Ben Roethlisberger / Matt Ryan. That's a dang good player. But some of these expectations are just completely unreasonable. If he's going to complete 76% of his throws and shatter the current touchdowns and yardage records, when is he going to find time to cure cancer, stop climate change, and eliminate gun violence? Do people even think about all these things???

I'm really happy with him and his play, and I expect good things from him, but like you say, people need to temper their expectations. 

I said last year after we drafted Luck that he was being overhyped, and that my feeling had very little to do with his ability. He is a tremendous talent and is going to be a dang good quarterback. I've said that I think his worst case scenario is Ben Roethlisberger / Matt Ryan. That's a dang good player. But some of these expectations are just completely unreasonable. If he's going to complete 76% of his throws and shatter the current touchdowns and yardage records, when is he going to find time to cure cancer, stop climate change, and eliminate gun violence? Do people even think about all these things???

I'm really happy with him and his play, and I expect good things from him, but like you say, people need to temper their expectations. 

You mean,  he's NOT going to cure cancer, stop climate change and eliminate gun violence?!?    Really?!?

Darn!!

I feel so..... so....   let down....        :facepalm:

You mean,  he's NOT going to cure cancer, stop climate change and eliminate gun violence?!?    Really?!?

Darn!!

I feel so..... so....   let down....        :facepalm:

Yeah, I think Griffin's already working on those things. :lol:

:36dancing:

Stephen.....

Don't know if you're aware of this, but what you think is the more realistic scenario for Luck has him throwing 500 times and completing 380 of them.   That's 76% which I think would be a new NFL all-time record by about 4-5 percent.

I think the chances of that happening this year are pretty close to...........  zero.

His completion percentage this year will likely be in the 60's....    the question is, will it be the low 60's or the mid-60's?

I doubt his first year in this system he'll jump to the high 60's.

Respectfully,  I think those are far more realistic numbers....

Just some food for thought.....

:36dancing: