Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 06/22

sb41champs

I think a lot of people might think the Pat's but I think that rivalry is fading because we no longer have Manning.

I think in the future our biggest rival might be the Texans.  We're the two teams that are going to be battling it out for the AFC south for the foreseeable future at least.

Personally I just enjoy the heck out of it when the Colt's beat the Jags though.  I like to trash talk my wife's friends from Jacksonville.  

Full moon coming June 23!!!!!  My avatar is hungry for football!!!

To topic!  Anytime you play a team twice they have to be a fierce rival.  I do not dislike any of our division, but we need to consider them fierce rivals.  Division wins and dominance is critical to success....

WOOO WOOOO!!!

blue-moon-wolf-full.jpg

Texans.    And by a wide margin.

We dominated the division for years.

Now, they do.

And now, we want to take over from them.   

That's a rivalry.

Our rivalry with the Patriots is a distant 2nd for now........

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. The Texans won the division one time when the Colts were in shambles and Manning was on the sidelines. Last year the Texans finished just 1 game ahead of the Colts in the south division. The Colts had a rookie QB. 37 new players on the roster. Head coach out. All new GM and coaches. A less than average defense and running game. Last game of the season the Texans couldn't beat Indy to bring home field advantage to themselves. With all that was going on with the Colts only 1 game lead?  I cant see into the future but I wouldn't place too much money on the outcome of the AFC south just yet.

Texans hands down....I'd like to see a rivalry develop between Colts vs SeaHawks & Colts versus the 49ers too. Young guns battle it out high noon at the O.K. Corral  :bossy:

How can the Colts-Texans be a rivalry when the Colts have the edge 18-4 and Texans have never won in Indy? Kind of hard to start a rivalry with NFC teams. That's just my opinion but maybe I am wrong? 

Actually, after the realignment, our first rival was the Titans. I see them on their way back up and I think that will be our rival in the very near future. Right now it is with the Texans....kinda...but we have far more bitter games with the Titans and the Jags.

If I had to choose the best team to do battle with right now...it would be the Ravens. History, close fought games, dislike, and so on.

I would say the patriots but that is on the way out.

For the last few years it has been the Texans as well because they are the only team which could do as well as us in the division but i feel that could only last for a few more years with some of their key players aging.

For the future i could see the Dolphins because they are building a good team with a young QB and are giving him young(ish) weapons so when Brady retires or even a year or two before the Dolphins will take over and be the main team in their division. Plus that rivalry would probably see us play each other many times in the upcoming years (like 10 years or so) and i honestly think Luck - Tannehill will be similar to Manning - Brady.  You could say its luck vs RG3 or Wilson but they won't play half as much.

The Texans should be, but it just doesn't feel that way -yet. A rival is a team you have history with, who has had big games with you. I still think the Pats are our biggest rival, just not recently. But could be again if we see them in the playoffs.

Lets be honest here. As much as I hate the Pats, and I do, the Jags are by far the biggest rival we have. Why you may ask? because ever since theyve had MJD, its been a slug fest back and forth. While the Jags may not be the best in our division record wise, they usually seem to have our numbers down pat when it comes to playing them.

Texans would be a close 2nd. Patriots are fading and lets face it, have been since that one cold, January evening in Indianapolis a few years back when we came from behind to beat them in a certain AFC champ game. Granted their downslide seemed to speed up after that first loss to the Giants in the superbowl, i feel the patriots lost their play off magic in Indy, in 06

I think a lot of people might think the Pat's but I think that rivalry is fading because we no longer have Manning.

I think in the future our biggest rival might be the Texans. We're the two teams that are going to be battling it out for the AFC south for the foreseeable future at least.

Personally I just enjoy the heck out of it when the Colt's beat the Jags though. I like to trash talk my wife's friends from Jacksonville.

I agree with Texans being our biggest rival. But I wouldn't say that its only gonna be us and them battling it out in the foreseeable future because Tennessee seems like they could be right around the corner from being competitive. They are putting together a solid team especially on offense. They just need Locker to perform and stay healthy. That's the IF. And the Texans in my opinion will start to go on the decline within the next three years or so. Andre isn't getting younger and how much more can foster sustain plus Shaubb is over that 30 mark too. Their D will probably still be solid but I see them stepping back in the future.