Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arrest warrant issued for Hernandez

ColtsBlueFL

Is AH going to be served a warrant or not? The destruction of evidence was blatant.

I want it done, not because he's a Patriot, but because the rich and famous seem to get cushy treatment from law enforcement.

I think the media jumped to so many conclusions on this too fast. The guy has never been arrested or in any altercations while he has been a patriot. Even the guy trying to sue him for shooting him in the face did not name him as the assailant and the police threw the case out back in Feb. And now you have former Pat players saying he had a chip on his shoulder after he got his big deal. it seems people are trying to paint this guy into a box and really he has not done a thing in three years. He certainly had a history in college but not in the pros.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the media jumped to so many conclusions on this too fast. The guy has never been arrested or in any altercations while he has been a patriot. Even the guy trying to sue him for shooting him in the face did not name him as the assailant and the police threw the case out back in Feb. And now you have former Pat players saying he had a chip on his shoulder after he got his big deal. it seems people are trying to paint this guy into a box and really he has not done a thing in three years. He certainly had a history in college but not in the pros.

Really? The police are going to buy that he didn't smash his own phone and security system? After the fact the victim left the nightclub with AH the night he died? Are the police interested in buying a bridge? I'm not saying he definitely committed murder, I'm saying he tampered with evidence and its hurting the investigation.

Does not appear so. His lawyer released a statement on Monday saying that he (the lawyer) was upset that the media reported an arrest warrant as there has been done. His lawyer also praised the way the police are handling the case.

The longer this goes, the more it seems he is not as closely involoved as first thought. I am beginning to think that he did not smash his phone but someone else did. It would have made more sense for him to just chuck the phone rather than hand it over to the police in pieces if he was the one that broke it. Same with security equipment. Something happened in his house but it is unclear how we was involved.

Of the two phone smashing scenarios, yours is the least likely.

Perhaps he isn't as closely connected as authorities thought, but he obviously isn't squeaky clean either.

Really? The police are going to buy that he didn't smash his own phone and security system? After the fact the victim left the nightclub with AH the night he died? Are the police interested in buying a bridge?

I don't know. I am just guessing like everyone else. Seems odd that he would smash his own cell phone and then hand it over to the police. Why not just smash it and throw it away?

I don't know. I am just guessing like everyone else. Seems odd that he would smash his own cell phone and then hand it over to the police. Why not just smash it and throw it away?

Because its a genius method of "compliance" they can't say he withheld his phone, it's just broken.

Because saying " oh you want my phone? I lost it. You want my security footage too? Yep, lost it somewhere " is even worse.

But breaking it makes no sense as the police can just call the cell phone company and get the records.

Phone records don't show everything. Pics are stored in the phone, *GPS info might be found in the phone as well*

But breaking it makes no sense as the police can just call the cell phone company and get the records.

They can do that either way.

Only difference is that in one scenario he can say "I turned my phone in to the police."

doubt anyone took pics with the phone of the murder...

Pics of the night, video of being with the victim. Things of this nature are bad.

Smashed or lost, either way, doing anything besides just giving them the phone, was a nonsensical move. Not sure it's an issue that was well thought out. Likely just dumb advice spur of the moment.

Pics of the night, video of being with the victim. Things of this nature are bad.

Smashed or lost, either way, doing anything besides just giving them the phone, was a nonsensical move. Not sure it's an issue that was well thought out. Likely just dumb advice spur of the moment.

Pending on how bad the phone was smashed up and or what kind of phone it was, perhaps they may be able to salvage some data from it anyways.  Seems when people smash or blowup their computers some material off the HD is salvageable.  I know nothing of phones but perhaps some tech forensics could gather something off it? 

You really should have just stopped after your first sentence. Everything afterward was either already implied by myself in my post or you simply displaying homerism and bringing up schedules when the point was the ofher three teams in your division stink and stink on an annual basis.

Kind of like our division was for 10 years

Really? The police are going to buy that he didn't smash his own phone and security system? After the fact the victim left the nightclub with AH the night he died? Are the police interested in buying a bridge? I'm not saying he definitely committed murder, I'm saying he tampered with evidence and its hurting the investigation.

I've always been of the opinion that if he's guilty, hang him. I love the Patriots, but criminals are criminals, and should be dealt with as such.

However, quick question: the phone and security systems are his own. Yes, it's suspicious to destroy them, but they're HIS. Why can't he destroy them?

Of course, that's assuming that HE destroyed them, and not someone else.

I've always been of the opinion that if he's guilty, hang him. I love the Patriots, but criminals are criminals, and should be dealt with as such.

However, quick question: the phone and security systems are his own. Yes, it's suspicious to destroy them, but they're HIS. Why can't he destroy them?

Yes, they are his,  and why can't he destroy them...???   It's not the phone, or securtiy system in question,  it's the EVIDENCE that may have been on  one or both,  but you knew that,  didn't you...??   

I would consider him very volatile and dangerous at this point. He was turned away from Gillette stadium yesterday, asked to leave, likely for the reason I included above. 

We all remember what happened at the KC Chiefs facility last year. If he did have anything to do with this murder, he is likely understanding that his life of stardom and privilege is suddenly over with. Such a realization brings cause for many to act out in one last volley of violence, taking their own lives as a result, and often others with it. 

I would not think they would dally much in apprehending him. It will be done by this afternoon. 

Ruk, That point about the young man who killed himselef at the Chiefs stadium last year when he knew he'd doen somethig he cant take back...is a very, very good point.

A young man doenst need to be on his own at this time...even if he didnt do the shooting...and just covered it up..

Is it OK to be sad about this?  Even if you dont like the Patriots?

Young man dead....At least one..maybe 3 up on serious charges.. 

I'm still hoping it was some kind of booze-colored accident and nobody murdered anybody.

Naive?

I'm guessing Hernandez and/or his buddies aren't very bright and didn't realize this. Criminals tend to be very stupid.

Because of what's on them, Viri...

You cant destroy evidence of a crime...even if you own the camera...and the phone/  You must produce it. You legally dont have an option..

What looks so guilty is that someone destroyed a cell phone.,...a totally useless act to cover up a crime.

The phone company 'provider' knows every cell phone call your number has ever made

That's the big deal with the Department of Homeland Security now....getting phone records on folks..

People seem to be just now coming to grips with the fact that cell phone calls arent really private....

The police, the governent, your phone company...your bank card company..your health insurance company.

Its naive to think they cant all have your phone records... if and when they want them...

........and smashing the phone means nothing

Kind of like our division was for 10 years

What does that have to do with my original point, which was the Patriots are still a good team, well coached and will win their division next year due to this and the fact that the other three teams are a hot mess?

Whos talking about how good Tenn, Jax and Houston were ten years ago?

Yes, phone records are easily retrievable from the cell phone company & the tower they bounce off of establishing a timeline of events on the day of the murder once the corner confirms the exact time of death. You still need the murder weapon though to convict. Does the DA have that or is floating in a river somewhere? Is Hernandez a registered gun owner & if so let's see the permit for each weapon & whether or not the weapon or weapons have been fired or cleaned recently?

Of course, unless you find an exact ballistics match, you can't prove 1 of these alleged guns fired the fatal bullet. Also, even if you pinpoint the same make & model of the gun used to murder the victim, how many Massachusetts citizens have a license to fire that same gun?   

It really boils down to how many witnesses the prosecution flips as witnesses & why the victim was really killed. To conceal a criminal enterprise [drugs, prostitution etc] & why the victim needed to be silenced IMO. 

Yes, they are his,  and why can't he destroy them...???   It's not the phone, or securtiy system in question,  it's the EVIDENCE that may have been on  one or both,  but you knew that,  didn't you...??   

throw in a cleaning crew, its only circumstantial, depends on how good lawyers are on both sides & jury ,if arrested , the outcome of a trial

but cleaning crew , if cleaned evidence would add more witnesses , that a ? that can be exploited for either side pending what was actually cleaned

Records sealed in Hernandez probe

also 2nd high profile  defense team  are co- council

Jamie Sultan, a longtime Boston criminal defense attorney at Rankin and Sultan, was seen entering Hernandez's house on Tuesday.

A representative at Ropes and Gray, the firm that includes Fee and has been representing Hernandez, confirmed that they are co-counsel along with Rankin and Sultan.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9422709/aaron-hernandez-case-judge-seals-investigation-documents

Among other well-known cases, Sultan helped win a new trial for a former New York banking executive accused of fatally stabbing his former girlfriend on the exclusive island of Nantucket.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/25/documents-sealed-odin-lloyd-aaron-hernandez_n_3499730.html

Florida A.D. ( Athletics Director )   takes issue with reports on Aaron Hernandez’s past

, “The information from the NFL sources is wrong.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/25/florida-a-d-takes-issue-with-reports-on-aaron-hernandezs-past/

What does that have to do with my original point, which was the Patriots are still a good team, well coached and will win their division next year due to this and the fact that the other three teams are a hot mess?

Whos talking about how good Tenn, Jax and Houston were ten years ago?

Miami is anything but a hot mess. They were a solid team last year and made some great moves this off-season. I expect them to push the pats the way the Colts will push the Texans. I can see them being a wild card for sure barring crazy injuries of course.

Miami is anything but a hot mess. They were a solid team last year and made some great moves this off-season. I expect them to push the pats the way the Colts will push the Texans. I can see them being a wild card for sure barring crazy injuries of course.

Fair enough. We can agree to disagree on the Fins.