Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Live:"The Colts Will Not Win Eleven Games This Season"

King Colt

Freeney, Mathis, Fleener, Vonte Davis, Reeding, etc.. In fact pro football weekly had the Colts #1 when ranking teams hardest hit by injuries.

I find most of those players irrelevant when speaking of injuries. I never say anything by the weekly saying anything about injuries. They needed to keep Luck and Wayne healthy and they did.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find most of those players irrelevant when speaking of injuries. I never say anything by the weekly saying anything about injuries. They needed to keep Luck and Wayne healthy and they did.

Freeney and Mathis were by far the Colts' 2 best pass rushers.  Vontae was easily the best CB we had on the roster.  Redding was one of the team captains and one of the only guys on the DL who was familiar with the new defense that was  being installed and he was getting good QB pressure from the interior..something the colts haven't had for a long time.  

I can possibly understand your stance if it were towards fleener.  Aside from Fleener's huge upside, he still was an unproven commodity and wasn't exactly being optimally used by Arians, but to say the rest were irrelevant in terms of injuries is just....wow.  Blood also left off guys like Moala, Nevis, Powers, Angerer and the constant injuries that forced almost a weekly shuffling of the OL.

By the end of the season, they were plucking guys like Heard, Guy and Geathers off of other teams' practice squads just to be able to field an actual defensive line.  

If analysts are picking numbers off the tops of their heads, then what are we as Colts fans doing?  Even the worst analyst probably knows more than most fans. 

Did you read and comprehend my comment? Exactly what makes an analysts?  A jock?  Some famous ex player who always have their homer agendas?  Every season there are at least 5 or 6 teams that seemingly come out of no place and make the playoffs. Just as the other side where 5 or 6 don't play up to what the so called experts say they will. We have had a few last place to first place teams over the last few seasons. The jest of my comment was that anyone can become a so called expert depending on how popular you are in front of the camera. Being an analyst is like being a weatherman. You get paid for being 50% correct. You are correct in thinking a Colts fan could be a analyst in the fact that they know as much as the larger majority of the so call knowledgeable analyst. If the analyst were so close to knowing what's going on in the NFL then why did none of them pick the Colts to even have a winning season last year? 

Did you read and comprehend my comment? Exactly what makes an analysts?  A jock?  Some famous ex player who always have their homer agendas?  Every season there are at least 5 or 6 teams that seemingly come out of no place and make the playoffs. Just as the other side where 5 or 6 don't play up to what the so called experts say they will. We have had a few last place to first place teams over the last few seasons. The jest of my comment was that anyone can become a so called expert depending on how popular you are in front of the camera. Being an analyst is like being a weatherman. You get paid for being 50% correct. You are correct in thinking a Colts fan could be a analyst in the fact that they know as much as the larger majority of the so call knowledgeable analyst. If the analyst were so close to knowing what's going on in the NFL then why did none of them pick the Colts to even have a winning season last year? 

2 things:

1.We played a WEAK schedule. we did not beat ANY expected elite team on the road last year, we beat the Lions but they were not a top team and thats prior to there implosion last year.

2.There a difference in Host (Trey Wingo)  and Analysts (Mike Mayock, Eric Mangini, Ron Jaworski to name a few) that difference is an Analyst can break a play down. tell you what a specific alignments purpose is and so forth so no most fans cant be an analyst

Analysts don't get paid for being correct about anything.  Some of them are ex-players and some of them are journalists.  Who said they were experts?  They are there usually because they are popular TV personalities.  No one cares whether they are right or wrong.  You are saying that they no nothing and they are just making up predictions which is far from the truth.  Ex-players have played the game and journalists have studied the game.  They have watched more game film and studied the game more than any of us fans ever will. 

There was nowhere in my post that I said the any Colts fan could be an analyst.  You said that analysts just pick numbers off the tops of their heads which is simply not true.  We as Colts fans look at the team only and throw out a random number and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  An ex-player knows more about the dynamics of the game than any Colts fan will ever know.  Analysts look at the team and the rest of the league and make their predictions.  Go ahead and throw out your 12-4 or 13-3 predictions.  I'm fine with that.  Just don't get upset when another fan or analyst says 9-7 or 10-6. 

Analysts don't get paid for being correct about anything.  Some of them are ex-players and some of them are journalists.  Who said they were experts?  They are there usually because they are popular TV personalities.  No one cares whether they are right or wrong.  You are saying that they no nothing and they are just making up predictions which is far from the truth.  Ex-players have played the game and journalists have studied the game.  They have watched more game film and studied the game more than any of us fans ever will. 

There was nowhere in my post that I said the any Colts fan could be an analyst.  You said that analysts just pick numbers off the tops of their heads which is simply not true.  We as Colts fans look at the team only and throw out a random number and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  An ex-player knows more about the dynamics of the game than any Colts fan will ever know.  Analysts look at the team and the rest of the league and make their predictions.  Go ahead and throw out your 12-4 or 13-3 predictions.  I'm fine with that.  Just don't get upset when another fan or analyst says 9-7 or 10-6.

It's very questionable if most journalists have studied the game. I can't think of more than a couple whose opinion I heed.

Whether you heed their opinion or not is really irrelevant.

No, but the reason I don't is....but thanks for being snippy for no apparent reason. I don't listen to most because they are just fans with a journalism degree. If I can listen to ex coaches, players and front office people, why would I listen to some clown who hasn't played since high school?

Call me crazy but I kind of like it when some journalists (not all) say that the Colts won't do very good.  It's happened year after year and with the exception of one season, we've had some good years.  It's kind of like a good luck thing for me.  If they say the Colts will do bad, then the Colts do good and visa versa.

The Colts demise is predicted annually. It all ready happened. This team will be fine.

I'd rather discuss the broader scope of how big of a sham mainstream journalism is, but this isn't the forum for that. I actually come here to get away from those conversations.

No, but the reason I don't is....but thanks for being snippy for no apparent reason. I don't listen to most because they are just fans with a journalism degree. If I can listen to ex coaches, players and front office people, why would I listen to some clown who hasn't played since high school?

I agree with your comment. Fans put way to much thought in what the media or any source of information has to say.  As said in an earlier post all of the media sources use a point counter point view. Without giving the fans something to either debate or argue about their rating would suffer. The larger majority of the media are those who cause controversy. Without that the fans interest would dwindle. All the fans have the analyst they like and don't like. Most of the time it is based upon how the analyst views their team. Fans love to hate rivals and anyone who is negative of their teams. I think the phrase fanatic should be used more than the shorter word fan.    :loco: