Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Live:"The Colts Will Not Win Eleven Games This Season"

King Colt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Espny really does hate us! They hate it when they're forced to say anything good about us. They don't like us because we're small market and don't have any sexy story lines. Yes I said Espny meaning they might as well change their name to ESPNewYork because that's all they really care about reporting. Yes it's a huge market there biggest but there is 30 other teams in the NFL, MLB and NBA. As you tell I'm not a fan of ESPNY and never will be. 

Sorry,  I don't mean to be too harsh,  but this is the kind of post that gives fans of small market teams a bad reputation.

Seriously.

Like the Colts weren't covered during the decade of Peyton Manning?!?     Please....

Like the Heat aren't being covered now?

Like the Lakers don't get covered?

Like the Cowboys don't get covered?

Or teams from Boston?

Or the Cardinals in Baseball?

Come on now,  if you're good and you earn attention,  then you'll get it.

You think anyone is talking about the Mets?    Or the Knicks and Nets when they're not good?   Or the Islanders and Rangers when they're not good?

They key is not market size -- although that helps -- but it's also simply a function of how good you are.

This Colts team is mostly an unknown.    Yes, we're coming off a great season.   But, was that lightning in a bottle?   History says yes.    We've turned over the roster again this off season,  but were our moves the right ones?    No one knows until the season starts....     We're a big question mark.     If we have another good season this year,  we're get much more respect next year.    Everyone will realize that last year wasn't a fluke.

Sorry,  I don't mean to be too harsh,  but this is the kind of post that gives fans of small market teams a bad reputation.

Seriously.

Like the Colts weren't covered during the decade of Peyton Manning?!?     Please....

Or teams from Boston?

You think anyone is talking about the Mets?    Or the Knicks and Nets when they're not good?   Or the Islanders and Rangers when they're not good?

They key is not market size -- although that helps -- but it's also simply a function of how good you are.

This Colts team is mostly an unknown.    Yes, we're coming off a great season.   But, was that lightning in a bottle?   History says yes.    We've turned over the roster again this off season,  but were our moves the right ones?    No one knows until the season starts....     We're a big question mark.     If we have another good season this year,  we're get much more respect next year.    Everyone will realize that last year wasn't a fluke.

Every fanbase has a bas reputation....and deservedly so.

There was only one prediction of 1-15.      One.      

That has now gotten blown up into something that it wasn't.     It wasn't the whole media who predicted that.    Just one member/group.     That's it.

Most predictions were somewhere between 2-7 wins.

That may be true, but ALL the power rankings had us dead last, nuff said!

That may be true, but ALL the power rankings had us dead last, nuff said!

I'm not even sure that's correct.    I really don't think that's true.

But either way, it doesn't matter.    One high profile power ranking (don't recall if it was ESPN or USA Today) had us 32nd and dead last,  and that's all we needed.

That was the inspiration for the T-Shirts that the team made and handed out to all the players.  

That was the inspiration for playing with a chip on our shoulders.    And I hope it happens again this year.    I think there will be lots of bulletin board material saying we won't make the playoffs this year and I hope it all gets posted on the locker-room bulletin board.

I want that fresh in the players minds all season long!     :thmup:

Guess who's  back! The great Lucky well I am here to tell everyone that the Colts and remember I said it first will be either 15-1 this season coming up or 14-2 no more no less bank it! Denver, Seattle, San Fran are all very beatable when playing the Colts. People forget that Tannehill had real good day against the Seahawks so did RG3. So what u think A. Luck  in his 2nd. Year going to do  against them  hmmm..?? Think about it I just do not respect the suppose to be Colts fans that count this gm. A loss come on have confidence in your team.  

Well for most NFL analyst of retired players, they aready have it in their mind who and what teams they like. The buzz this offseason is the Colts success from 2012 steaming from BA, and now that he is in Arizona we wont be anywhere as good as last year and I've hear this from a number of NFL sources. To me its music to my ears, these guys put their foot in their mouths every offseason. With everything that was predicted last year, watching how our season turned out and how many of these same analyst just started jumping on the ban wagon I really came to the realization that these guys don't have a clue about any other teams other then the one's they retired from. I know we still don't get the respect we should but hell it doesn't bother me I like being the underdog. We as Colt fan know what to expect out of our team so I look forward to see who out of the NFL network will be a ban wagon fan this year.

I expect the team to be much improved over last year, but being a better team and having a worse record are not mutually exclusive.  We are playing several very good teams this year, and others that are much improved and/or underperformed last season. I think a reasonable case can be made for predicting the Colt's record will be anywhere between 9-7 and 12-4, and I don't see why so many get up in arms when an analyst makes a legitimate prediction at the low end of this range or say we may have a worse record this year. Anyone who thinks a worse record is not a real possibility needs to lay off the Kool-Aid.

I expect the team to be much improved over last year, but being a better team and having a worse record are not mutually exclusive.  We are playing several very good teams this year, and others that are much improved and/or underperformed last season. I think a reasonable case can be made for predicting the Colt's record will be anywhere between 9-7 and 12-4, and I don't see why so many get up in arms when an analyst makes a legitimate prediction at the low end of this range or say we may have a worse record this year. Anyone who thinks a worse record is not a real possibility needs to lay off the Kool-Aid.

A legitimate prediction is 9-7 or 12-4 but not in between or both, that's you just trying to be safe with ur prediction if there is such a thing. You are right we will face much better teams this season and some are much improved from last year but no team is more improved then the Colts. Truthfully anything can happen on any given Sunday but as a true fan I'll go on record and say we will win more then 9,10,11 or 12 game's this year and I will keep drinking my Kool-Aid. As I said everyone veiwed us as a 2 win team last year and I've hear many say we will be a 9 win team this year, but my prediction is 13-3. A worse record is possible but doubtful to me. Try and understand we get up in arms because the lack of respect shown by most analyst when taking a close look at the Colts and Luck. Luck has done more with less then any other starting QB and yet the analyst say its due mostly in part of BA and his offensive scheme's rather then giving the kid the credit he deserves for what he did in his rookie year.Luck won more games then any other QB in NFL history drafted with the first pick in the 1st round. As the season kicks off just watch how many of these same analyst jump on the ban wagon. Only way we loss more then 3 games is if Luck is hurt.. 

This talk we all hear of us not being as good as last year, or not making the post season this upcoming season. Its all really just fuel to the fire our players need to prove everyone wrong, look at what we did last year. It wasnt anything fancy nor was it pretty but we still did it. we had a winning season with a handful of rookies and a few vets. Last year we used this same talk as motivation. I like the squad we have at hand and I can see a 12-4 11-5 type season. There are 4 games I can see us lose, or win - Denver, San Fran, Seattle, and Rams. We can win these games just as easily lose them. 

A legitimate prediction is 9-7 or 12-4 but not in between or both, that's you just trying to be safe with ur prediction if there is such a thing. You are right we will face much better teams this season and some are much improved from last year but no team is more improved then the Colts. Truthfully anything can happen on any given Sunday but as a true fan I'll go on record and say we will win more then 9,10,11 or 12 game's this year and I will keep drinking my Kool-Aid. As I said everyone veiwed us as a 2 win team last year and I've hear many say we will be a 9 win team this year, but my prediction is 13-3. A worse record is possible but doubtful to me. Try and understand we get up in arms because the lack of respect shown by most analyst when taking a close look at the Colts and Luck. Luck has done more with less then any other starting QB and yet the analyst say its due mostly in part of BA and his offensive scheme's rather then giving the kid the credit he deserves for what he did in his rookie year.Luck won more games then any other QB in NFL history drafted with the first pick in the 1st round. As the season kicks off just watch how many of these same analyst jump on the ban wagon. Only way we loss more then 3 games is if Luck is hurt.. 

I was not making a prediction per se, I was making the case that analysts or anyone making predictions for that matter could make solid arguments with sound reasoning for anything within that range.  I think it is much harder for someone to make a solid argument for predicting a record outside that range. 

While there is some disrespect ... it not as rampant as many are making it out to be.  An analyst suggesting we may have a worse record than last year is not necessarily disrespecting the Colts, its simply an opinion ... and a realistic one at that.

13-3 is the worse you can see ...really?  If you think that us losing 3-4 of the "toss-up" games (49ers, Seahawks, Broncos, Texans x 2, Bengals, & Rams) & then getting "upset" in at least 1 game by one of the "lesser" teams (Chargers, Titans x 2, Chiefs, Dolphins, Cardinals, Raiders, Jags x 2) is not a very realistic possibility then you really do need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid and take off the blue glasses.

I was not making a prediction per se, I was making the case that analysts or anyone making predictions for that matter could make solid arguments with sound reasoning for anything within that range.  I think it is much harder for someone to make a solid argument for predicting a record outside that range. 

While there is some disrespect ... it not as rampant as many are making it out to be.  An analyst suggesting we may have a worse record than last year is not necessarily disrespecting the Colts, its simply an opinion ... and a realistic one at that.

13-3 is the worse you can see ...really?  If you think that us losing 3-4 of the "toss-up" games (49ers, Seahawks, Broncos, Texans x 2, Bengals, & Rams) & then getting "upset" in at least 1 game by one of the "lesser" teams (Chargers, Titans x 2, Chiefs, Dolphins, Cardinals, Raiders, Jags x 2) is not a very realistic possibility then you really do need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid and take off the blue glasses.

You can make any solid argument you want when it come to the NFL, it all comes down to who is lessoning. There is much more disrespect then you think, I know I see and hear it just about everytime the colts have came up this offseason. 13-3 yes thats the worse I can see, Really. As I said we face alot of good teams this year, but last year when we were predicted to just win a few games I was quoted up here saying not only did I think we would make it to the playoffs but would win 10 to 11 games, and how about it we won 12, this year we will win 13. I dont care who we play 49er, Seahawks, Broncos, Texans bla,bla,bla. while we head to a 13 win season I'm going to be setting back with my blue glasses and Kool-Aid in hand enjoying the ride. The realistic possibility can go both ways but as a indianapolis native in my mind there is only one way. The whole football world said last year we were a 2 win team other then the try Colt fans we won 12 games. So you are saying we only won 12 games because of who we played if thats the case what will you say when we do go 13-3?? we were lucky??

I think at this stage, predicting the Win-Loss for the season is fairly impossible. Let's see how training camp goes with injuries and who actually makes the final 53.

As a rough guess though of performance, I can see us getting less wins but playing better, and most likely making the playoffs via the wild card though I think it will be a close thing. Depends on how the rest of the AFC South roll this year. If the Texans have a down season and the Titans don't improve as expected we can maybe take the division. 

The Jags.... heck they've even taken away their right to brown paper bags :P

You can make any solid argument you want when it come to the NFL, it all comes down to who is lessoning. There is much more disrespect then you think, I know I see and hear it just about everytime the colts have came up this offseason. 13-3 yes thats the worse I can see, Really. As I said we face alot of good teams this year, but last year when we were predicted to just win a few games I was quoted up here saying not only did I think we would make it to the playoffs but would win 10 to 11 games, and how about it we won 12, this year we will win 13. I dont care who we play 49er, Seahawks, Broncos, Texans bla,bla,bla. while we head to a 13 win season I'm going to be setting back with my blue glasses and Kool-Aid in hand enjoying the ride. The realistic possibility can go both ways but as a indianapolis native in my mind there is only one way. The whole football world said last year we were a 2 win team other then the try Colt fans we won 12 games. So you are saying we only won 12 games because of who we played if thats the case what will you say when we do go 13-3?? we were lucky??

We did not win 12 games last year; we were 11-5.

I am not saying last years 11 wins were all because of who we played, but schedule definitely played a role. Even though a "win is a win" most of those 11 victories certainly were not decisive, and we definitely did not dominate the other teams in such a way that made a statement that said "we are back to being an elite team & perennial Super Bowl contender" or something similar.

The fact that "in your mind you can only see it one way" means you are unable to look at the Colts objectively so your prediction is a baseless & biased.  You act like every other team was just sitting around during the off season twiddling their thumbs, and the Colts are the only team that made improvements or got better.

If we go 13-3 I will be ecstatic, and say I am happy the Colts exceeded my expectations.

I just have to get this off my chest here please! Do not bring up teams that have not beat the Colts in years or who have not prove themselves as high caliber teams consistently  like the Bengals, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Rams. I put teams like this beneath or in the same category as the Colts how can u say the Bengals would beat the Colts when they have not even figure out how to beat the Texans! Really or Rams!  Come on guys and girls have more respect for your team it make me think that ya'll not true Colts fans or do not watch Colts gms. I just do not see these teams beating them  I don't. Seattle a good team, but they come to Indy im picking the Colts in a blowout mark my words RG3 was beating them injured and Ryan Tannehill had a pretty good day against them and beat them. Just watch and see the Colts going to open up a lot of eyes this yr. Including surprising there own fans.

Edited by Superman
formatting

I just have to get this off my chest here please! Do not bring up teams that have not beat the Colts in years or who have not prove themselves as high caliber teams consistently  like the Bengals, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Rams. I put teams like this beneath or in the same category as the Colts how can u say the Bengals would beat the Colts when they have not even figure out how to beat the Texans! Really or Rams!  Come on guys and girls have more respect for your team it make me think that ya'll not true Colts fans or do not watch Colts gms. I just do not see these teams beating them  I don't. Seattle a good team, but they come to Indy im picking the Colts in a blowout mark my words RG3 was beating them injured and Ryan Tannehill had a pretty good day against them and beat them. Just watch and see the Colts going to open up a lot of eyes this yr. Including surprising there own fans.

You're right man.  Colts are gonna go 19-0 and win the SB every year from now to eternity.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is not a true fan.  Right?

Come on now.  There's no such thing as  a "gimme" game.  The Bengals, Seahawks, Cardinals and Rams are all building very good teams and any of these teams could beat the Colts on any given Sunday, just like the Colts could beat any of these teams, or any other, on any given Sunday.  However to make a prediction that another team could beat the Colts does not make a person less of a fan. 

And let me tell u fans who think they know so much. Its a difference between stacking talent on your team and actually using it the right way like balancing out the team. Great example the 49ers had way more talent on there team than the Baltimore Ravens, but yet they got there * kick in the Superbowl. You know why? Because the talent on the Ravens was balance out and used properly the Ravens didn't stack there team with too much talent where they couldn't find out how to use each player. Seahawks are the same way they might have a lot of talent, but what about chemistry and balance hmm?? Any answers. Every Colts player will be used to the max and the team will balance out watch. Im thinking Superbowl while everyone else thinking good win season a another playoff berth my prediction and you heard it from the great Lucky. Is a Colts vs. Falcons Superbowl in New York City.

Edited by Superman
formatting, filters

And let me tell u fans who think they know so much. Its a difference between stacking talent on your team and actually using it the right way like balancing out the team. Great example the 49ers had way more talent on there team than the Baltimore Ravens, but yet they got there * kick in the Superbowl. You know why? Because the talent on the Ravens was balance out and used properly the Ravens didn't stack there team with too much talent where they couldn't find out how to use each player. Seahawks are the same way they might have a lot of talent, but what about chemistry and balance hmm?? Any answers. Every Colts player will be used to the max and the team will balance out watch. Im thinking Superbowl while everyone else thinking good win season a another playoff berth my prediction and you heard it from the great Lucky. Is a Colts vs. Falcons Superbowl in New York City.

The 49ers didn't get anything kicked. They lost by 3 points lol. Not sure what you mean by "balance", but Harbaugh and Carroll are good coaches and they know how they want to run their teams.

Yeah they lost by 3 points of course, but they totally got dominated before that suspicious lights went out in the stadium. And I know the history of both coaches and Carroll is one of the best coaches in football and been that way for a long time. And I actually think Jim Harbaugh is they best clever coach in the NFL. But im saying they have all this talent and expect the team to go win a Superbowl because of all there talent they have. Pete will get him a ring im for sure of it, but not this yr. When I say balance I mean used there players properly.

Edited by Superman
formatting

Seriously.

Or teams from Boston?

I wasn't saying they don't cover those other teams. I was saying that NY is all they really care about reporting meaning they spend most of the time on NY whether their good or bad. The next time you see stories on ESPNY time it. I'm not talking about the highlights. They do cover other teams. They just spend the majority of their time on New York that's all I'm saying. Yes you will get the time if you good but they don't like to report on it. That's what I was saying. 

I wasn't saying they don't cover those other teams. I was saying that NY is all they really care about reporting meaning they spend most of the time on NY whether their good or bad. The next time you see stories on ESPNY time it. I'm not talking about the highlights. They do cover other teams. They just spend the majority of their time on New York that's all I'm saying. Yes you will get the time if you good but they don't like to report on it. That's what I was

I wasn't saying they don't cover those other teams. I was saying that NY is all they really care about reporting meaning they spend most of the time on NY whether their good or bad. The next time you see stories on ESPNY time it. I'm not talking about the highlights. They do cover other teams. They just spend the majority of their time on New York that's all I'm saying. Yes you will get the time if you good but they don't like to report on it. That's what I was saying. 

I agree with you on the fluke thing. But this is going to be much stronger team than last year. I know because I've analyzed every move this team has made. On paper this team looks dominate but you don't know about injuries nobody does. But we do have depth in most positions right now.  

Yeah they lost by 3 points of course, but they totally got dominated before that suspicious lights went out in the stadium. And I know the history of both coaches and Carroll is one of the best coaches in football and been that way for a long time. And I actually think Jim Harbaugh is they best clever coach in the NFL. But im saying they have all this talent and expect the team to go win a Superbowl because of all there talent they have. Pete will get him a ring im for sure of it, but not this yr. When I say balance I mean used there players properly.

I'm curious. Which players do you think the 49ers or Seahawks are misusing, and why do you think so? They seem pretty balanced to me.

I can understand the argument that we may not win as many games as last year, though I don't necessarily agree.  However, to make the argument that the Colts aren't as goo a team as last year is ridiculous.  I don't think there's another team out there that improved as much as the Colts.  To me, it seems like they correctly identified that the Colts were fortunate to win 11 games last year, and now they are trying to justify a "step back".  Their gut feeling is that the Colts are a 9-7 team, so they use arguments about Arians leaving and the Pagano emotional boost. 

We did not win 12 games last year; we were 11-5.

I am not saying last years 11 wins were all because of who we played, but schedule definitely played a role. Even though a "win is a win" most of those 11 victories certainly were not decisive, and we definitely did not dominate the other teams in such a way that made a statement that said "we are back to being an elite team & perennial Super Bowl contender" or something similar.

The fact that "in your mind you can only see it one way" means you are unable to look at the Colts objectively so your prediction is a baseless & biased.  You act like every other team was just sitting around during the off season twiddling their thumbs, and the Colts are the only team that made improvements or got better.

If we go 13-3 I will be ecstatic, and say I am happy the Colts exceeded my expectations.

Your right, I mint 11 wins I feel what your saying I really do, we just look at things a bit different. You set your expectation low, I set mines high. Its been a while since the Colts have dominated other teams I'd say 2009 and in my opinion if we win by 3 or 21 as you said a win is a win, hell the Ravens weren't blowing teams out but they are the SB Champs. You say I am unable to look at the Colts objectively so my prediction is baseless & biased well I dont think your looking at the Colts at all, you sound like the kind of person who sets their goals and expectation low so you dont have to deal with disappointment and that might just work for you. You say I act as if the colts are the only team that has gotten better this offseason and thats not it at all, but let me ask you this why in your mind did we have such a successful 2012 season? Andrew Luck is why, and what team has gotten a QB in your mind this offseason by the draft or FA similar to Luck "none" right and what did the Colts focus on this offseason and who had more money to spend on Free Agents then us, we took care of the line on both sides of the ball which was a big hole for us last year, we got better at WR and RB, OLB, ILB, CB, SS not to mention alot of guys are going into their second year as pros, but the biggest factor here is Luck and with better protection, better wide outs and a running game as well as a defense that can get him the ball back, why is it baseless & biased to predict a 13-3 season. Its because I'm setting the bar high. I've noticed the more I hear from you the more you sound just like one of those analyst off the NFL network. Well you have your own opinion and that all good. We'll see what happens when the season starts. Have a good one signing out Kool Aid and Blue Glasses GO COLTS!!!  

All but a couple of these analyst just pick numbers off the top of their heads. The picks will be all over the place because of the reaction they get from the fans. It keeps the interest up and the fans involved in these forums. They all know that most NFL fans are chomping at the bit for the season to start. Each one of these shows or radio broadcast keep it a point counter point system to keep the fans fired up. Let us not forget that fan is short for fanatic. Every fan of every team is led to believe it is us against the whole NFL and we all buy into it. It keeps us all interested and the ratings stay high. If all of the so called experts had the same picks it would be way too boring and the ratings would fall. They all play the Bayless vs Smith up to a certain point. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that 90% of all theses sport shows are scripted in one way or another. 

That is such Bull because the colts were not lucky to win 11 games last year I think 13-3 those two don't know their *** from their elbow.

That is such Bull because the colts were not lucky to win 11 games last year I think 13-3 those two don't know their *** from their elbow.

They might just have been the luckiest team in NFL history. They were outscored by 30 points for the season and they won 11 games. They got every game break a team could ever hope for. They had very few injuries. I see no way they will repeat that record but I think they will be a much better team. I see 8-8 and a game either way would not be a big surprise.

They might just have been the luckiest team in NFL history. They were outscored by 30 points for the season and they won 11 games. They got every game break a team could ever hope for. They had very few injuries. I see no way they will repeat that record but I think they will be a much better team. I see 8-8 and a game either way would not be a big surprise.

Point differential means little when they were blown out in 2 games.

Very few injuries you say?

This talk we all hear of us not being as good as last year, or not making the post season this upcoming season. Its all really just fuel to the fire our players need to prove everyone wrong, look at what we did last year. It wasnt anything fancy nor was it pretty but we still did it. we had a winning season with a handful of rookies and a few vets. Last year we used this same talk as motivation. I like the squad we have at hand and I can see a 12-4 11-5 type season. There are 4 games I can see us lose, or win - Denver, San Fran, Seattle, and Rams. We can win these games just as easily lose them. 

I like the team but I think they will be enormous underdogs to Denver, the 49ers and Seattle. Any of those wins would be considered huge upsets.

All but a couple of these analyst just pick numbers off the top of their heads. The picks will be all over the place because of the reaction they get from the fans. It keeps the interest up and the fans involved in these forums. They all know that most NFL fans are chomping at the bit for the season to start. Each one of these shows or radio broadcast keep it a point counter point system to keep the fans fired up. Let us not forget that fan is short for fanatic. Every fan of every team is led to believe it is us against the whole NFL and we all buy into it. It keeps us all interested and the ratings stay high. If all of the so called experts had the same picks it would be way too boring and the ratings would fall. They all play the Bayless vs Smith up to a certain point. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that 90% of all theses sport shows are scripted in one way or another. 

If analysts are picking numbers off the tops of their heads, then what are we as Colts fans doing?  Even the worst analyst probably knows more than most fans.