Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garcon thanks Reggie

Kyle

Never has been another WR to ever play past the age of 40.

Don Hutson of the Packers played at age 42 and was very active. While Rice has more yardage hutson has way more TDs. Rice had 197 TDs while Hutson had 225. Hutson also played in a time when passing was not the norm. Hutson also only played 11 seasons while Rice played 20. 

Can you name a wr that played til 40 besides rice

well first of all, ur being way more serious than i was.  

I cannot name another one, nor would I bet money that Reggie will do it.  Are you saying it is impossible or that there is no way???

The odds are against Reggie playing 6 more seasons and going to the play offs, i was just saying i hope he does... 

Reggie is just 32 catches away from 1,000 for his career.

If, (and hopefully when) he reaches that mark Reggie will join Hines Ward and Marvin Harrison as the only players in NFL history to acheive that mark with just one team.

He should get that this year easily.

Don Hutson of the Packers played at age 42 and was very active. While Rice has more yardage hutson has way more TDs. Rice had 197 TDs while Hutson had 225. Hutson also played in a time when passing was not the norm. Hutson also only played 11 seasons while Rice played 20.

Hutson was born in 1913 an retired in 1945. He retired at 32.

Hutson was also playing against slow white guys who sold insurance in the off season

Reggie is the man....no question. He let's his play do the talking (and his awesome outfits that he shows up to camp in) lol 

Garcon was decent. But it always seemed like you had to throw it 5 feet away from him for him to be able to catch the ball. If you throw it right at him he dropped it. Regardless, it's really cool of him to show props to the Master. :) 

Who?

I quoted coltsrule91.....so that was asked of him.

And collie was wide open too :(

I know but....that loss was not only heartbreaking, but also a team effort, all leading back to the big fella, Manning. He threw that quick slant several times to Reggie in that game. He should've known the route would get jumped eventually. It was uncharacteristic of the Wayne-Manning duo. Typically they'd be the ones taking advantage of that dynamic and use it to set up a stop and go, cuz Harper bit so hard that if Reggie had gone out and the up, there was no safety help and that INT would've been a TD. 

A very uncharacteristic game by all our guys. I surprised nobody has mentioned Baskett in that debacle yet. 

I know but....that loss was not only heartbreaking, but also a team effort, all leading back to the big fella, Manning. He threw that quick slant several times to Reggie in that game. He should've known the route would get jumped eventually. It was uncharacteristic of the Wayne-Manning duo. Typically they'd be the ones taking advantage of that dynamic and use it to set up a stop and go, cuz Harper bit so hard that if Reggie had gone out and the up, there was no safety help and that INT would've been a TD.

A very uncharacteristic game by all our guys. I surprised nobody has mentioned Baskett in that debacle yet.

I was trying to be a clever you know what, and pretend Peyton was dead to me for losing that game, but alas they all can't land perfectly.

Now I will slowly sink to my shame corner, till I return again.........

lets not forget the zero pressure we put on brees once freeney was out

I was trying to be a clever you know what, and pretend Peyton was dead to me for losing that game, but alas they all can't land perfectly.

Now I will slowly sink to my shame corner, till I return again.........

Would this be a bad time for another one of my epic antisocial rants?

Would this be a bad time for another one of my epic antisocial rants?

Is there ever a bad time? Because I'm pretty sure your rants have no experation dates, and last I checked are pre approved for use even at funerals.

So I'd say your good to go.

Is there ever a bad time? Because I'm pretty sure your rants have no experation dates, and last I checked are pre approved for use even at funerals.

So I'd say your good to go.

I'm working on a rant about how much I hate the Red Cross. I was probably going to work in some hate speech about Abraham Lincoln in there somewhere as well. It's gonna be infuriating, which gives me a serious boost to my troll powers. 

Hutson was born in 1913 an retired in 1945. He retired at 32.

You are correct. I miss read the article from bleacher report.  Rice is the oldest wide receiver and played at 42.  There are a lot of football experts who think that Hutson was the greatest wide receiver ever to play the game. If you compare Rices and Hutsons numbers it could be that Hutson was the greatest. Rice played for 20 years and Hutson played for 11. Break that down and Hutsons were well above what Rice did in 11 years. 

After seeing this years playoff, i now have a diff view if all that.

Tell it like it is, crazy...

Don Hutson was every bit the equal of Jerry Rice from what I have read...

He was easily one of the top five receivers of the 20th Century

Tell it like it is, crazy...

Don Hutson was every bit the equal of Jerry Rice from what I have read...

He was easily one of the top five receivers of the 20th Century

While I was wrong about his age when he retired his numbers were off the hook. He still holds some of the records today. He also played defense and had 30 interceptions in 6 years. And not to be outdone he was also the kicker who kicked 172 extra points and 7 field goals for a total of 823 points. If you compared his numbers up to any receiver in history he stands alone. I had always heard his name of the great players but till I looked his stats up I had no idea of how and what he did in his era of football. 

That's a great pic.  As good as Marvin was, he was never the leader that Reggie has become. 

Marvin led by example who do you think Reggie learned from when he 1st started out, there are numerous quotes FROM Reggie praising Marvin for his help showing Reggie the ropes. Yes Marvin wasn't very vocal and a bit of a loner at times, but there's no doubt all the guys who sat in the Colts receiving corps room with Marvin didn't benefit from the leadership of number 88. That's not taking anything away from Reggie and his hard work and leadership skills, but I guarantee Reggie picked up quite a few leadership tips from 88 back in the day.