Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good read on Football.com

Narcosys

Recently it's hit me that we may in fact have a down year. And by that I mean like 8-8 and not making the playoffs but nothing overly bad. It's just that a lot of the facts point that way. It sucks, but I don't want to be unrealistic and have high hopes. Now would I be surprised if we went, say, 12-4. No, not at all. But the signs just point to like an 8-8 or 9-7 season, a slight drop off. 

I do believe we'll be perennial contenders soon though, as the article states twice. 

He makes a good point about the schedule. According to the NFL we have one of the easiest, but it looks pretty brutal to me. Yet, you can never tell how tough a schedule is until the week of each game.

The great thing about this team is that it's trending up. No age or contract issues. Maybe the best young QB in the league, an owner who really cares, and a great coach and GM. I'll take it.

Is that rain?

Listen - dont let this guy insult us then try to smooth it over by saying its ok because we will be good next year.

Basically - he saying we T Tebow in Denver. We won a bunch of games against bad teams. Now its time to have the bad year we were suppose to have last year to grow as a team.

There is a hugh problem with his theory though - he is assuming we have to lose to get better. We are like T Tebow in the sense that to our youngsters and most of our veterens winning is all we know. So if our GM has the ability to see weaknesses & strengthen them we will not miss a beat.

All we need to do is make it into the playoffs. I'm not too worried about what our overall record may be, and if we have less wins as compared to last year.

The Ravens didn't have a great record, 10-6 but went on to win the Superbowl. I'd be happy with making it int the playoffs--where every team has a chance to win the big one.

Meh I tend to think that growing pains from a line trying to gel can not be nearly as bad as having an O-line as bad as last years.

And it's not like last year's O-line had a ton of time to gel either.  

We should be fine.

Great point about last years O-line. Or team, for that matter. I agree that our record may be no better. But we've improved at about 50% of our positions. Both on O and D. How can we not be better than last year?

And that point he made about long sustaining drives not giving us as many scoring opportunities is moot in the truest sense of the word.

Great point about last years O-line. Or team, for that matter. I agree that our record may be no better. But we've improved at about 50% of our positions. Both on O and D. How can we not be better than last year?

And that point he made about long sustaining drives not giving us as many scoring opportunities is moot in the truest sense of the word.

And it also gives their offense less time with the ball.

Typically sustaining drives is considered a good thing, I find it odd that this guy found a way to spin it negative.  

I don't agree with that article or any of the media thats says we are going to take a step backwards. With the FA signings, the draft, Josh Chapman being 100 %, we are vastly improved over last season's roster. In my eyes we are already perennial contenders, and I feel our reecord will be as good if not better than last years!

I don't agree with that article or any of the media thats says we are going to take a step backwards. With the FA signings, the draft, Josh Chapman being 100 %, we are vastly improved over last season's roster. In my eyes we are already perennial contenders, and I feel our reecord will be as good if not better than last years!

You could say we are already contenders, but we arn't perennial contenders.  By the very definition we have to be contenders for several years to be perennial contenders.  

2 years ago we went 2 - 14 with the #1 pick in the draft and most certainly where not contenders.  

I agree with the first part. I have looked at the schedule and believe that the Colts can duplicate their record of last year. "On paper" the Colts have improved both the O-line and D-line, that should improve their team by a lot. Injuries could of course change how good they are, but I actually expect a better team based on what I have seen so far.

I remember this time last year when more then half of the analysts, writers, etc. claimed that we were still in the rebuilding phase and expected us to have a top 5-10 pick in the 2013 draft. And yet we were 11-5, made the playoffs, and almost won AFC South. I don't take that much stock into what others say because at the end of the day...they don't control our fate..we do.