Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck ranked #23 on NFL Top 100

MTC

Quite happy Luck is rated as highly as he is. Would have liked him to be rated higher than RG3 as you look at impact and Indy were the worse team out of the two last year so that extra improvement imo must mean Luck is better.

However i don't mind as much that RG3 is rated higher, at least it isn't Wilson! He had a good run game and defense to back him up where as we didn't and neither did the redskins (well they had a good run game but not as many receiving weapons as the colts, which imo makes the two equal in terms of support around the QB and helping them make that impact).

But to say it is his first year and he has reached the "top 25 players" in the entire league is an achievement.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck took a 2-14 team and went 11-5 with the worst offensive line in the league. He had one veteran WR  in Wayne that's pass his prime,rookie Wr's and TE's, and no running game. Also he had to replace arguably the greatest QB of all time which added more pressure, he deserves to be ranked #23.

Yes I get that

But outside of Jax the Jags are irrelevant. The Phins and Bucs are brands... the Jags are not.

They generate NO buzz outside of Jax whatsoever. The Ownership is new.... they are the MOST unstable of any of the NFL franchises. I do not think that is debatable.

You could say that about any of the NFL small markets. The Colts were the Jags before PM and AL. Who cares about KC outside of the home fans?

You could say that about any of the NFL small markets. The Colts were the Jags before PM and AL. Who cares about KC outside of the home fans?

I wouldn't put the chiefs in the same category as the jags. Chiefs have many more fans outside of their turf than the jags do.

So... no Duane Brown, no Joe Thomas, no AJ Green, AP not in the top 10 and Brandon Marshall ahead of AP.

Um, I disagree to say the least. 

I'd put Vincent Jackson ahead of Green even, It took Green 97 catches to get to 1350 yards, It took Vincent Jackson 72 catches to have 1384 yards and he had 8 TD's, Buane Brown gave up 11 sacks last year according to Pro Football Weekly and had 4 penalties, there is no way he goes ahead of Clady, Joe Thomas was better then Brown and is going to be on my next 25 , Brandon Marshall had 118 catches for 11 td's last year, one less TD than Peterson

I'd put Vincent Jackson ahead of Green even, It took Green 97 catches to get to 1350 yards, It took Vincent Jackson 72 catches to have 1384 yards and he had 8 TD's, Buane Brown gave up 11 sacks last year according to Pro Football Weekly and had 4 penalties, there is no way he goes ahead of Clady, Joe Thomas was better then Brown and is going to be on my next 25 , Brandon Marshall had 118 catches for 11 td's last year, one less TD than Peterson

When it comes to Jackson vs Green, you're looking at the numbers too much. Go watch both of them play and tell me then how Jackson was better than Green. Green had a gigantic impact on games and I couldn't say that about Jackson.

Brown had 4 sacks according to PFF and only 22 QB disruptions, which is ridiculously low. I wouldn't say he's definitely above Clady, but he's definitely in the top 25. 

Marshall had a great season no doubt, but if you want to talk about stats there, AP had 2000 yards. If you want to look at stuff other than stats, he was the reason they went to the playoffs, oh and he won MVP. I'd easily put him in my top 5.

So... no Duane Brown, no Joe Thomas, no AJ Green, AP not in the top 10 and Brandon Marshall ahead of AP.

Um, I disagree to say the least. 

You think those guys won't be in the top 20?

Where did you learn that AP won't be in the top 10?

Where did you learn that Marshall will be ranked higher than AP??

When it comes to Jackson vs Green, you're looking at the numbers too much. Go watch both of them play and tell me then how Jackson was better than Green. Green had a gigantic impact on games and I couldn't say that about Jackson.

Brown had 4 sacks according to PFF and only 22 QB disruptions, which is ridiculously low. I wouldn't say he's definitely above Clady, but he's definitely in the top 25. 

Marshall had a great season no doubt, but if you want to talk about stats there, AP had 2000 yards. If you want to look at stuff other than stats, he was the reason they went to the playoffs, oh and he won MVP. I'd easily put him in my top 5.

1.Jackson was better then Green, He may have looked better out there but Jackson did arguably more with less catches

I dont see where PFF says that, Something I gotta pay for?

You think those guys won't be in the top 20?

Where did you learn that AP won't be in the top 10?

Where did you learn that Marshall will be ranked higher than AP??

This is according to Gavin's list.

1.Jackson was better then Green, He may have looked better out there but Jackson did arguably more with less catches

I dont see where PFF says that, Something I gotta pay for?

Well sir, I think you're in the minority about Jackson being better than Green last year. We'll agree to disagree on that one.

Duane Brown had 3 sacks through December 19th (according to PFF). He allowed 1 more after that one. So, yes 4, but the big part was 22 disruptions which is ridiculously low. 

The game winners stay at around 3-5 in the same period of time and he posts 55 % comp., 4,3k yds, 23 TDs 18 ints (correct me if Im wrong with these stats). I'd say that those numbers do not justify a 23rd spot.

You can't judge a player by stats alone. People voice their opinions and all you can do is argue about it. These list are voted on by players. There are well over 2,000 players in the NFL. The players who voted have their opinion just as you do. Arguing about it juvenile at best. You didn't agree? So what?  Maybe you could find something a little more important to argue about? 

You don't have to agree with me, but if we don't discuss our different opinions, then what is the point of this forum? I don't mean to offend you with my arguments, just trying to have a debate...

There is a difference between debating and arguing. This list means zero in the picture. Like I have stated before, there are well over 2,000 players in the NFL. Most of these players vote on players they play against or are in their division. Not every player knows exactly what is going on all over the NFL. The biggest part of them don't have the time to sit and watch the NFL Network or ESPN all the time. It's crap like this list that are made up to fill time as there is not a lot going on and the media comes up with nonsense like this to fill time. 

This is laughable. 

You might want to revisit Cam's first year. 

Numbers wise, in 2012 Luck had a worse season than RG3 and Wilson. Let's be honest... 

Luck threw for 4300 and set the rookie record, but he also threw the ball about 250 more times than Wilson or RG3.

I think #23 on the list is VERY acceptable. Like others have mentioned, this list is about the top players overall in the league.... regardless of rookie or veteran status.

If Andrew Luck was a 3 or 4 year vet, and put up the numbers he put up last season... there is no way he makes this list.... absolutely none.

Tony Romo had a much better season than Andrew Luck last year... and theres a decent chance Romo won't even make the top 100 period.

Taking everything into consideration, I believe his ranking is much more than fair, and shows the respect people have for his potential and leadership abiliti

a personal argument was removed from this thread

please, don't accuse each other of being under the influence.  If you disagree, fine but do so without taking personal shots

And if someone takes a shot at you, report it or ignore.........don't respond in kind 

AND Have a nice day!

Thank you for you input. There seem to be too many that cross the line from debate into argument. Everyone does have their opinions but that is what it is. We all, including myself needs to keep that in mind. 

You can't judge a player by stats alone. People voice their opinions and all you can do is argue about it. These list are voted on by players. There are well over 2,000 players in the NFL. The players who voted have their opinion just as you do. Arguing about it juvenile at best. You didn't agree? So what? Maybe you could find something a little more important to argue about?

Okay, so from now on this forum is only news, and no arguments whatsoever.. This is a forum for crying out loud, and I responded to a post, but I guess you're right.. No more debating for me.

Tbh i'm more impressed that Wayne is 21, ahead of Fitzgerald, Marshall, Jackson, Welker, Jones and many more WR's.

I can only think of 2 better that is Green and Johnson, anyone think of any other WR is higher on the list than Wayne? because in that case it is very impressive that he has gone from not being on the top 100 list in 2012 to the 3rd best receiver in 2013.

I know quarterbacks have a lot to do with how well the receiver is going to be but AL is hardly a world class QB, it is only his first year. 

Dude KC is a staple in the NFL...   they are going nowhere.

True Indy struggled for years...   but bad ownership passed away and Jim stepped in and "struggled" at first.. but then realized he needed a football man to make "football decisions" ...    A first for the entire Irsay family.        Manning helped...   hehee

But Indy has a following now.   

I think these lists are taken way to seriously and open for endless....and pointless debate but since we still have time to kill till the pads start poppin, Ill make my own top 100 list...my list is based off of 1 year only and not my overall opinion of a player or athleticism although obviously many of these players will be pretty athletic...this list does not reflect prior years wiorth of performance , It does not include any players that sat out the year do to injury but when healthy are at or near the top of there position.....Instead of doing all 100 in 1 shot I wll do 4 installments of 25

1.Drew Brees-43 TD passes to only 19 picks. Also was third in the league in completions, was near the top of the league in yards per completion among QB's with 400 or more pass attempts (2ND actully) and plays at the most important position on the team

, A 63.0 completion percentage

2.Aaron Rodgers-67.2 completion percentage out of 552 pass attempts along with 39 td's and only 8 picks despite being sacked 51 times and a 7.8 yards per completion

3.Peyton Manning-Missed the entire prior year BUT I WONT factor that into his year seeing as how he did statistically did not miss a beat-Had 400 completions out of 583 pass attempts a 68.3 completion percentage but had slightly less TD' passes and more interceptions then the top 2 QB's

4.Tom Brady-34 TD's only 8 picks 63.0 completion percentage

5.Matt Ryan-32 td's and 14 picks throwing 615 times completing 68.6 of those passes

6.Tony Romo (what? Romo inside the top 10?...He gets to much flack for being a very good QB) regardless 4903 yards passing 28 td's and 19 picks. 7.6 yards per completion behind what was a bad O Line last year, Also a 65.6 completion percentage, I wonder what he would have done behind a better O Line where he didn't have to scramble so much

7.Ryan Clady-started 16 games last year and according to Pro Football Weekly only allowed 1 sack and had 3 penalties, That folks is an elite LT at very likely the 2nd most important position on offense next to QB

8.Calvin Johnson-122 receptions on 205 targets, 1964 yards and 5 TD's despite being easily the Lions biggest scoring threat. 16.1 yards per catch

9.JJ Watt- 20 sacks 81 tackles and 4 forced fumbles, the guy is a game wrecker who had an outstanding year

10.Brandon Marshall- 118 catches on 194 targets for a 60.8 catch rate with 11 TD's and 12.8 yards per catch

11.Adrian Peterson-Not much needs to be said his stats speak for themselves, 2097 yards rushing 6.0 yards per carry, 22 rushing TD's along with 40 receptions and a TD to top it all off, The dude was a stud pre injury and nothing has changed post injury, Just for added affect which is not needed, he had 27 rushes that went for 20 plus yards......27! The next highest guy was Spiller with 12. Peterson also ran for more 1st downs then any other running back in the league

12.Aldon Smith-1st in Linebackers with 19.5 sacks 2nd overall in the league, had a INT and 3 forced fumbles, elite at his position, also 2nd to Von Miller in tackles at OLB

13.Von Miller-18.5 sacks 68 tackles 6 forced fumbles an INT and two passes defensed, a great year

14.Richard Sherman-The 2nd most ints in the league last year with 8 but he had 3 more passes defensed then then Tim Jennings who had 9 Ints to lead the league , Sherman also added a sack and 64 tackles plus 3 forced fumbles

15.Tim Jennings-Who in the world would have thought he would even be considered for the list let alone be in my top 20, 9 Ints to lead the league, 21 passes defensed to go along with 60 tackles

16.Patrick Peterson 7 Ints 16 pass defensed along with 55 tackles turning into an elite Corner

17.Luke Keuchley- Lead the league with 164 tackles, added 8 passes defensed 1 sack and 2 Ints

18.Chad Greenway-148 tackles tied for 2nd in the league, had 3 sacks , 4 passes defensed and an Int

19.Navarro Bowman-Does not get as much coverage among the media as his counter part Patrick Willis but he had an excellent year with 148 tackles 2 sacks, 6 passes defensed and an Int

20.Jerod Mayo-147 tackles 3 sacks, 3 passes defensed and a int and 4 forced fumbles

21.Alfred Morris-Burst onto the scene as a rookie as another product of Shanahans Zone Blocking scheme, He had 13 td's rushing to go along with 11 receptions for 77 yards and 83 of his 335 rushes went for first downs

22.Cameron Wake-Had an excellent year worthy of a top 25 spot on the list with 15 sacks which surpassed his previous career high set in 2010 with 14 sacks, He also added 3 forced fumbles and 3 Stuffs

23.Geno Adkins-Had 53 combined tackles 12.5 sacks  2 passes defensed and 4 forced fumbles, Is truely a disruptive force on the interior of that Bengals D Line

24.Marshawn Lynch-1590 rushing yards 11 td's along with 5 yards per carry, The dude is a extremely hard runner

25.Jammal Charles-Is deadly out in the open field even after a serious injury, averaged 5.3 ypc along with 1509 rushing yards

Part 2 to come next week

1. Drew Brees at #1 is ridiculous. He threw 19 interceptions and had a 63% completion percentage in one of the most stacked offenses in the league. 8th in the league in passer rating. 

2. No complaints.

3. No complaints.

4. He was inaccurate throughout the season and god awful under pressure Top 5 is a stretch. Top 10 definitely.

5. Top 10 material. Not top 5. 

6. I like Romo as much as the next guy, but #6?!? He led the league in interceptions and only had a +9 TD/INT ratio.

7. Duane Brown and Joe Thomas were both better than Clady.

8. About the right spot for Johnson. You could argue top 5, but the amount of times that offense passed diminishes his accomplishment a little.

9. Watt at 9 is awful. He's a 34 DE who had 20.5 sacks and 16 pass deflections while leading the league in tackles for a loss. Not only was he the best defender in the league, but he had one of the greatest seasons ever by a defensive player. He should easily be top 3.

10. Brandon Marshall above AP?!? Dude rushed for 2,000 yards and had 1,000 yards after contact alone. Brandon Marshall is too high. Andre Johnson had a better year IMO.

11. Should be top 5 easily. Led the league in forced miss tackles, and yards after contact.

12. Aldon Smith is mediocre in coverage and run support. He's barely top 12 as a pass rusher. He got a lot of sacks but he doesn't get pressure on the QB consistently. Von Miller is twice the player Smith is.

13. Miller led the league in pressures and was dominant in both coverage and run support. Should be top 10 and definitely above Smith.

14. No complaints other than some of the players you have ranked above them.

15. Tim Jennings isn't even the best corner on his own team. 

16. Peterson is below average in coverage. Even with his 7 picks he still allowed an 80+ passer rating when he was thrown at.

17. Kuechly above Patrick Willis? Patrick Willis is much better than Kuechly. Tackles are an awful stat for defensive players. 

18. Greenway is mediocre. Most of his tackles were 5+ yards down the field.

19. Bowman is awesome. He deserves top 20. He should be ranked above both Kuechly and Greenway.

20. Mayo is a good, but top 20? Ehh. He seems more like a top 50 player. 

21. Spiller is better than Morris. In both pure running and receiving. 

22. Best 43 DE in the league. I'd personally have him top 10, but that's just me.

23. Way too low. He generated the same amount of pressure that what did on 30+ less pass rushes. Set the record for sacks by a DT.

24. Spiller is better

25. Spiller is better.

No offense, but your list seems just to be based off of volume stats and surface numbers.

I thinks some of you "experts" are lost in "reality..  or virtual reality" with some of these rankings. 

Live football is not Madden 13.

ANY of you who are pumping ANY player other than a QB as a "MOST VALUABLE" candidate is utterly comical.

EVEN AP.

I thinks some of you "experts" are lost in "reality..  or virtual reality" with some of these rankings. 

Live football is not Madden 13.

ANY of you who are pumping ANY player other than a QB as a "MOST VALUABLE" candidate is utterly comical.

EVEN AP.

What does "most valuable" have to do with this list? If it were "most valuable players of 2013" then the top 20 players would be QBs. The list is supposed to be all position's weighed equal. Excluding the obvious Punter, kicker, long snapper, ect....

In no universe is a RB more valuable than a QB, but a RB can be a better player. Example, AP is a better player than Christian Ponder.

Dude KC is a staple in the NFL...   they are going nowhere.

True. KC has some of the most diehard, passionate fans in the NFL. Almost every sports bar I've been to I see at least a couple chiefs fans. I can't say that about the jags or a couple other teams. For that matter, I live near Atlanta and see 5-8 Colts fans every week at the bar. We've come a long way baby!

Oh Golly....   I am sorry Dustin.       I know a "top" player is obviously better than a "MVP" type QB...  regardless of the team, or importance of the position.

Luck is top 5 in both....   how about that?

You're wasting your time. Some people go out of their way to see the glass half empty, claiming they are just being realistic. 

Okay, so from now on this forum is only news, and no arguments whatsoever.. This is a forum for crying out loud, and I responded to a post, but I guess you're right.. No more debating for me.

You just said it yourself with 'and no arguments whatsoever'. There is a difference between debates and arguments. Debates turn into arguments when after your opinion is stated you continue to brow beat the same thing over and over when someone dont have your opinion. Now you want to take a juvenile mind set saying you want to take your ball and go home? Your debate is welcome in this forum but taking the attitude of your right while everybody else is wrong is not debating, it's arguing. 

We can all put our 2 cents in but I have one that might everyone rethink this whole list thing. How does a player like Jimmy Graham not make the top 100? 

Na...   "they" are just trying to act smart...

and failing badly.  

Yeah, I find it ironic how Luck is voted 23 by a vote of his peers, and they vehemently disagree. Doh. I guess that people who play football for a living and know what it takes are just "blowing wind", and PBR GM's know better. If this list was compiled by the media, it would hold much less weight in my eyes, but the guys who bust their butt on the field are the one's voting. I trust their opinion much more than some Firefox Jockey.

That being said, we are all entitled to our opinions no matter how wrong they are. Gotta love it!

Yeah, I find it ironic how Luck is voted 23 by a vote of his peers, and they vehemently disagree. Doh. I guess that people who play football for a living and know what it takes are just "blowing wind", and PBR GM's know better. If this list was compiled by the media, it would hold much less weight in my eyes, but the guys who bust their butt on the field are the one's voting. I trust their opinion much more than some Firefox Jockey.

That being said, we are all entitled to our opinions no matter how wrong they are. Gotta love it!

I take offense to that. I use Google Chrome!!

Btw: ~20% of the players voted for this, if even that.

I take offense to that. I use Google Chrome!!

Btw: ~20% of the players voted for this, if even that.

And you probably use Windows too. :0  Btw, is Chromium (the open source version of Chrome) available in windows? I use that. Same thing basically, but with less tracking ability or something.

As far as how many voted, doesn't matter. Anyone who makes a team, straps on a helmet, works his butt off day after day and sees what greatness is firsthand is the opinion I'll defer to every time. Btw, even 20% is still a fairly large number. JJ Watt, and other notables had no problem with this. 

If you're going to be adamant about this, that's fine. You're entitled to how you feel, as am I. Peace out, my work is done here. No use beating a dead horse.

1. Drew Brees at #1 is ridiculous. He threw 19 interceptions and had a 63% completion percentage in one of the most stacked offenses in the league. 8th in the league in passer rating. 

2. No complaints.

3. No complaints.

4. He was inaccurate throughout the season and god awful under pressure Top 5 is a stretch. Top 10 definitely.

5. Top 10 material. Not top 5. 

6. I like Romo as much as the next guy, but #6?!? He led the league in interceptions and only had a +9 TD/INT ratio.

7. Duane Brown and Joe Thomas were both better than Clady.

8. About the right spot for Johnson. You could argue top 5, but the amount of times that offense passed diminishes his accomplishment a little.

9. Watt at 9 is awful. He's a 34 DE who had 20.5 sacks and 16 pass deflections while leading the league in tackles for a loss. Not only was he the best defender in the league, but he had one of the greatest seasons ever by a defensive player. He should easily be top 3.

10. Brandon Marshall above AP?!? Dude rushed for 2,000 yards and had 1,000 yards after contact alone. Brandon Marshall is too high. Andre Johnson had a better year IMO.

11. Should be top 5 easily. Led the league in forced miss tackles, and yards after contact.

12. Aldon Smith is mediocre in coverage and run support. He's barely top 12 as a pass rusher. He got a lot of sacks but he doesn't get pressure on the QB consistently. Von Miller is twice the player Smith is.

13. Miller led the league in pressures and was dominant in both coverage and run support. Should be top 10 and definitely above Smith.

14. No complaints other than some of the players you have ranked above them.

15. Tim Jennings isn't even the best corner on his own team. 

16. Peterson is below average in coverage. Even with his 7 picks he still allowed an 80+ passer rating when he was thrown at.

17. Kuechly above Patrick Willis? Patrick Willis is much better than Kuechly. Tackles are an awful stat for defensive players. 

18. Greenway is mediocre. Most of his tackles were 5+ yards down the field.

19. Bowman is awesome. He deserves top 20. He should be ranked above both Kuechly and Greenway.

20. Mayo is a good, but top 20? Ehh. He seems more like a top 50 player. 

21. Spiller is better than Morris. In both pure running and receiving. 

22. Best 43 DE in the league. I'd personally have him top 10, but that's just me.

23. Way too low. He generated the same amount of pressure that what did on 30+ less pass rushes. Set the record for sacks by a DT.

24. Spiller is better

25. Spiller is better.

No offense, but your list seems just to be based off of volume stats and surface numbers.

If you can convince me chase Daniels behind him would have come anywhere close to the numbers he put up with those same players on offense while also giving me a real good descrption of what QBR means that I will consider that a valid argument

63.0 completion percentage is inaccurate?

Clady gave up 1 sack all year in 16 games according to PFF, I will go back and watch the games and correct it if I see different

Finally the NFL is a production league, if your in the right place great but if you dont make a play in that right place then it dont really matter that your in that right place does it?, Football is about making adjustments not always being in the right place but about making plays, Keuchly made more plays

Spiller is faster not better, He got many of his yards in the spread, He is simply not the tackle breaking machine Lynch is, Ill take Lynch every time

And if Adkins would have rushed the QB 30 more times he still would not have came close to Watts tackle numbers, Stuffs or sacks and batted balls

And you probably use Windows too. :0  Btw, is Chromium (the open source version of Chrome) available in windows? I use that. Same thing basically, but with less tracking ability or something.

As far as how many voted, doesn't matter. Anyone who makes a team, straps on a helmet, works his butt off day after day and sees what greatness is firsthand is the opinion I'll defer to every time. Btw, even 20% is still a fairly large number. JJ Watt, and other notables had no problem with this. 

If you're going to be adamant about this, that's fine. You're entitled to how you feel, as am I. Peace out, my work is done here. No use beating a dead horse.

Idk, I really couldn't tell you anything about computers. I basically use the internet on my phone 3/4 of the time anyway.

As for the voting, I'm not really saying that it's not a large enough sample size, but consider that we played 13 teams last year. Now consider the 20% that voted are split out among the 32 teams in the league. Half the people who voted on this thing didn't even play most of the guys they voted for anyway. Especially considering some of the head-scratching choices that have been on their so far. Like early season MVP candidate Percy Harvin being ranked below a kick returner. 

BTW, I think some of you guys are missing my intention here. I think that Luck was phenomenal for a rookie last year. I have no doubt he'll be the best QB in the league in 3-4 years, but as far as being the 23rd best player in the league last year? I have to disagree with that.

I guess we can just agree to disagree here lol

If you can convince me chase Daniels behind him would have come anywhere close to the numbers he put up with those same players on offense while also giving me a real good descrption of what QBR means that I will consider that a valid argument

63.0 completion percentage is inaccurate?

Clady gave up 1 sack all year in 16 games according to PFF, I will go back and watch the games and correct it if I see different

Finally the NFL is a production league, if your in the right place great but if you dont make a play in that right place then it dont really matter that your in that right place does it?, Football is about making adjustments not always being in the right place but about making plays, Keuchly made more plays

Spiller is faster not better, He got many of his yards in the spread, He is simply not the tackle breaking machine Lynch is, Ill take Lynch every time

And if Adkins would have rushed the QB 30 more times he still would not have came close to Watts tackle numbers, Stuffs or sacks and batted balls

63 is inaccurate if you're supposedly the best player in the league.

Clady was good no doubt, but he gave up pressure at a higher rate than both Brown and Thomas. And Duane Brown was way better in run support.

I.m not sure what you mean by "made more play"? Tackles are an awful number to use to judge players. Especially considering they give no context. Which player is better, a guy who has 150 tackles 5+ yards past the LOS, or a guy who makes 120 tackles within 2 yards of the LOS?

Spiller didn't break a lot of tackles, but he's was insanely elusive. Seriously look at this article: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/01/cj-spiller-avoided-so-many-tackles-he-nearly-broke-a-computer.html

Monson set up the formula so a perfect score would be 100. No season leader had hit 90 before. Early this season, Spiller was registering over 400.

Dude is the best receiving back in the league and as a runner on par with Adrian Peterson (from a YPC standpoint)

Atkins plays a different position. Of course he wouldn't hit those numbers. He's routinely triple teamed from both guards and centers. There has never been a DT in the history of the NFL that has ever had more than 12.5 sacks in a season. I'm also not advocating he be above Watt, but he should at least be in the top 10. Dude is absolutely ridiculous.

He wouldn't have. But because an undrafted free agent couldn't match you're production doesn't qualify you as the best player in the league. New Orleans is stacked at almost every position.

Passer Rating is basically a singular stat that's meant to show efficiency.  

63 is inaccurate if you're supposedly the best player in the league.

Clady was good no doubt, but he gave up pressure at a higher rate than both Brown and Thomas. And Duane Brown was way better in run support.

I.m not sure what you mean by "made more play"? Tackles are an awful number to use to judge players. Especially considering they give no context. Which player is better, a guy who has 150 tackles 5+ yards past the LOS, or a guy who makes 120 tackles within 2 yards of the LOS?

Spiller didn't break a lot of tackles, but he's was insanely elusive. Seriously look at this article: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/01/cj-spiller-avoided-so-many-tackles-he-nearly-broke-a-computer.html

Dude is the best receiving back in the league and as a runner on par with Adrian Peterson (from a YPC standpoint)

Atkins plays a different position. Of course he wouldn't hit those numbers. He's routinely triple teamed from both guards and centers. There has never been a DT in the history of the NFL that has ever had more than 12.5 sacks in a season. I'm also not advocating he be above Watt, but he should at least be in the top 10. Dude is absolutely ridiculous.

"or a guy who makes 120 tackles within 2 yards of the LOS".

Name me a linebacker that can make 120 tackles within 2 yards of the LOS, I do agree that tackles are not the perfect stat by a long shot but there is no such thing as a perfect stat, Ill take a guy that makes 120 tackles or 164 in Keuchleys case

Spiller better have got plenty of yards for how elusive he is in a spread offense, Credit to him but Ill take the tackle breaking machie who has the ability to make you miss over the guy that has the ability to make you miss but not real good tackle breaking ability

John Randle did it 3 times 12.5 or more, His highest was 15.5 with the Vikings in 1997

He wouldn't have. But because an undrafted free agent couldn't match you're production doesn't qualify you as the best player in the league. New Orleans is stacked at almost every position.

Passer Rating is basically a singular stat that's meant to show efficiency.  

I know what its meant to show, But how does it show that, How does it decipher...Ok this play is a higher percentage then this play? Does said play get the same degree of percentage increase every time? Things like that. I just dont put any stock into it

"or a guy who makes 120 tackles within 2 yards of the LOS".

Name me a linebacker that can make 120 tackles within 2 yards of the LOS, I do agree that tackles are not the perfect stat by a long shot but there is no such thing as a perfect stat, Ill take a guy that makes 120 tackles or 164 in Keuchleys case

You're basically saying that Luke Kuechly is the best linebacker in the league. Better than Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman. I just can't agree with that because he made a lot of tackles. Does this make Freeman a top 5 linebacker?

Spiller better have got plenty of yards for how elusive he is in a spread offense, Credit to him but Ill take the tackle breaking machie who has the ability to make you miss over the guy that has the ability to make you miss but not real good tackle breaking ability

Lynch's ability to break tackles is highly overrated. Spiller broke tackles at a rate nearly twice as high. 13.6% compare to only 7.7% to Lynch. Source: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/broken-tackles-2012

John Randle did it 3 times 12.5 or more, His highest was 15.5 with the Vikings in 1997

lol my fault here. I guess I heard the wrong stat. Still Atkins number's compare to that of a guy a lot of people consider to be the greatest DT of all time. 

I know what its meant to show, But how does it show that, How does it decipher...Ok this play is a higher percentage then this play? Does said play get the same degree of percentage increase every time? Things like that. I just dont put any stock into it

Fair enough. Passer rating isn't a be all end of all of efficiency stats, but it's gives you a rough idea of how efficient a QB was.