Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyler Bray - QB - Tennessee

Humm... looks like the kid may have just what it takes to be a Colts qb. How's his thinking side and aathletisism He can obviously throw..

He seems like a smart kid who's very focused

He doesn't scramble a lot (or at all) but he moves well in the pocket and can buy himself time.

The biggest thing is his release. It's what separates the truly Pro-ready QB's from the others. This guy has a nice, quick snap to his throwing motion.

People are enamored by Luck, Barkley, etc., but they play in those West Coast air attacks that always proliferate passing stats. Their throwing motions are rather slow, actually, and I think guys like this, as well as Russell Wilson, are actually better as pure passers.

Bray's out routes were a thing of beauty, by the way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don't know if you are being sarcastic or happy he is our coach. I will say this I think he is right guy for the job. I hope he is our coach for years to come. After watching Chuck and our boring offense for years (he even had prime Luck) and him punting on 4th and 1 constantly, Frank is a God send. By the way I liked Chuck and thought he was an average coach, wasn't bad but Frank is better period.
    • So you agree with Reich in the Titans game?   Leading pretty much the whole game and passing 54 times vs 16 rushes.   That is what you stand behind.  
    • Reich is one of the greatest assets the Colts have; he is awesome. Hope he is the coach and calling plays for years to come. 
    • He's an interesting case. Last week against Buffalo he made several critical blocks to spring nice runs, and this week makes several nice catches. Particularly liked the toe drag swag for the first down. Really good all around contributor.
    • you're way oversimplifying to try to justify your point.  It's not so much about one player as it is about completely ignoring one important aspect of the game....the running game.  if they took Taylor out and gave the carries to Jackson, Hines or Mack, that would have still been infinitely better than not attempting a run for over an entire quarter.   It was proven in the other threads that when the colts at least attempt to run the ball (even in a pass heavy offense with a 2:1 pass to run ratio):   -the colts commit far fewer turnovers -the colts punt far less frequently -the colts score more efficiently   something that won't show up on any stat sheet:  when run blocking, the offensive line gets to attack the opposing defensive line.  when pass blocking, the opposing defensive line gets to attack our offensive line.  it only stands to reason that the opposing defensive line will wear down far more quickly when they're being attacked than when they're doing the attacking.  this only helps the passing game by wearing down the opposing pass rushers.   even the great peyton manning wasn't able to beat teams all on his own.  the one time they had the most success from an offensive perspective in the playoffs was when he continued to utilize the running game with addai and rhodes.  how many years did the offense stink up the place in playoff games because peyton put everything on his shoulders and failed to utilize the running game, even when it was very successful in the regular season?     Frank was given one of the best offensive lines in football which is one of the best in run blocking in the league, and maybe above average in pass blocking.  he wasn't scared to play to his strengths against buffalo so I can't even fathom why he refused to do the same against the bucs.  in his post game presser he tried to justify by saying the run wasn't working in the first quarter.  that's true.  what he failed to mention was that the run game was successful in the 2nd quarter and that's when the offense as a whole was the most effective and scored the most points.     it's no coincidence that the colt's record is far better when they attempt at least 18-20+ rushes vs the very poor record in games when they rush for 15 or fewer.  spread the rushing attempts around to mack, hines, jackson and taylor if you want.  that's fine.  it's still keeping the defense honest.  though, it only makes sense to give as many as possible to the guy averaging over 5 ypc, even against the best rush defenses in the league.  one of the few non-qbs to get himself into the mvp conversation.  
  • Members