Ravens Super Bowl ring.

Dustin

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's really an odd design. It strikes me that the Raven's eye looks wierd, and the Raven is outlined in jewels that are identical to everything behind it so there is no contrast. And the whole ring is oval in shape, but the most important element (the Raven) is turned the opposite direction, but also oval, so it ends up looking like it's squeezed in as an afterthought. Essentially unlimited funds, and that's the best they could come up with?

imtk0nW.jpg

That bling is enormous like a diamond plated brass knuckles. "I got an offer you can't refuse. No? Wham." Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if the American & Russian mobs decided to mold the Ravens new ring as a "persuader device" for clients who don't pay back their loan fast enough to their bosses liking. JMO. 

http://instagram.com/p/aRu3Dhp00N/

This looks better than the picture before. Maybe because its dark in the room.

I appreciate the different camera angle MTC, but the gigantic bird ruins the whole ring, even director Alfred Hitchcock is rolling over in his grave & hiding his head in shame & disgust... :facepalm:

When asked to comment on Baltimore's new SB ring, the entire feathered community all said this collectively with no dissent whatsoever...

Edited by Nadine
video removed

the angle of the photo makes it look worse than it really is

2013-ravens-super-bowl-ring-300x277_zpsf

I don't know what that is, but it's not the same ring. Better perspective, but if anything even uglier. I wonder which one is the "right" one.

Lets face it, SB rings are supposed to be primarily gaudy. I thought that the Colts ring looked terrific, and some logos work better for this type of thing than others. But you would think that you COULD do a decent job with the Ravens. Cool symbol, could make it from Amethyst if you wanted. That's just a mess.

I wish either ESPN or NFL Network would do a behind the scenes segment on how SB rings are created.

How much input does the team have on the overall design? How are rough draft designs treated? What about individual player inscriptions? How does a Tiffany's ring designer get put on the committee to design a new SB ring? Who gets the final say franchise wise on the ring's overall look? Do team captain's opinions carry the most weight & influence? When are fittings scheduled for the players? How much does the Tiffany's staff give teams a slideshow history of past SB rings? What's their exact sales pitch & SB exact dimensions specifications once the organizational logo gets slapped on there? Is there a 1 year replacement warranty from loss or damage? 

Also, if a player eventually decides to sell their ring down the road, how is the intrinsic and monetary value calculated among SB eras? Is a single digit roman numeral SB worth more than say the NY Giants 2007 SB victory preventing NE from achieving a perfect regular & post season at the same time? Do skyrocketing TV ratings tie into a SB's popularity & thereby make the St. Louis Rams nail biting victory over the Tennessee Titans in 1999 worth more prior to satellite & social media or not? 

If a player didn't want a ring, could they swab it for a SB necklace or medallion? I've always wondered that actually...

What's the going rate for a SB ring on the street among bookies for settling gambling debts? Just ask Dwayne Johnson AKA "The Rock"...Let's see Dwayne kick caboose in German shall we...

Option A you give me the ring. Option B I take the ring. He should have chosen A.  haha [From the film "The Rundown"]...

Edited by Nadine

Looks fine to me. It's a Super Bowl ring........those are always awesome looking to me.

You all are critical!! :)

That Raven's red eye doesn't bother you? It makes me feel like I'm being watched like in a Scooby Doo cartoon. "Rut Row Shaggy Run!"  :lol:  :funny:  lmao Just Kidding! 

Ugly, but they're all ugly. You would think they could give the players a less Liberace style ring....one they could actually wear without looking tacky.

Hmmm...a Liberace based ring. Yeah, I could see that BOTT. The over the top flamboyance kinda fits there. Either that or early 1970's Elton John concert wardrobe attire. 

Side note: Was Sesame Street's Count character/puppet based on that Liberace exact outfit too? I'm just wondering...

1229017555_resized.jpg

12985342_ori.jpg

Here's a different idea. Have an American Indian tribe design a SB ring. From my experience, the Navaho & the Hopi tribes out in Arizona & New Mexico could design some tasteful pieces of jewelry. True, bracelets made of Turquoise may be very popular, but I'm sure something unique & classy could be made for such a special occasion like a Lombardi victory ring celebration. 

Naturally, diamonds could be incorporated with any minerals, stones, or colors as well. Just a thought...

ap75az5e.jpg

Braceletgrouping01f.jpg

The other thing I would do is bring in top notch sketch artists, painters, and tattoo artists from across the globe from national conventions & international festivals just to springboard some fresh new ideas about layout, color coordination, and how best to maximize the most of a tiny surface space. I would also attend comic con [the graphic novel convention] in both LA & NY. 

In graduate school, I remember watching artists spread out several books on the floor to illustrations looking for inspiration or anything that moved them to create something original. My point is this: Several creative mediums across many different professions can sometimes lead a person or small group to devise a landmark masterpiece that is truly unique & never seen before. Who wants a mass produced, carbon copy, cookie cutter SB ring? I sure wouldn't. 

I've seen some pretty elaborate tattoos in recent years & I believe that tapping into how they create their designs using color, shadows, & sophisticated detail in tiny spaces would come in handy when brainstorming new ideas about the look, shimmer, & shine of a SB ring. 

The weird thing about a SB is that you work your tail off to win one if you are lucky enough & then you never wear it because you are so worried about losing it. It's like working your life to buy your dream sports car, finally purchasing it, & then never driving it anywhere for fear of scratching it have having it get stolen.

An odd paradigm there that is actually a typical NFL paradox in reality. You would assume that winning a SB means displaying your ring everywhere you go. However, such careless activity can cause some people to resent you & thereby steal that symbol of all a player's hardwork away from you forever. 

that logo does not translate too well to jewelry.

I don't like the bird and really don't like the egg shape

The two lombardis is cool 

Here is Pats 2nd ring in 04 , looks same

Dc0111SB-38.jpg

here is is Ravens 2001 ring

74566-0-530.jpg

thats similar to the 2002 pats, Pats first , also depends on angle for how looks

,Rings  sometimes appears more yellow than white gold in pictures pending flash angle & that can change looks , though some are yellow and somw white I belive

patssuper-bowl-ring.jpg

alt_sports_cd_super_bowl_xxxvi_lg.jpg

You've seen the 2000 and 2012 Super Bowl rings. Here is Baltimore's "secret" Super Bowl Ring, the Super Bowl 5 one. I like it because it is a classic style ring, plus it says Baltimore on it. Anything with Baltimore on it , I like. Honestly, I don't really care what the ring looks like, as a fan, I'm only interested in winning.

post-12528-0-56277600-1370708749_thumb.j

You've seen the 2000 and 2012 Super Bowl rings. Here is Baltimore's "secret" Super Bowl Ring, the Super Bowl 5 one. I like it because it is a classic style ring, plus it says Baltimore on it. Anything with Baltimore on it , I like. Honestly, I don't really care what the ring looks like, as a fan, I'm only interested in winning.

What is secret about it?