Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw visiting Colts/Colts now in 'heavy negotiations' with Bradshaw again. (merge)

Ja'Crispy

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not earth shattering. I have questions about his ability to stay on the field. But if healthy, he's better than every back we have (and I'm not the "we need better backs!" guy). I would think this would be a move that's made if someone gets hurt, or if we don't like the way the backfield is performing after minicamp.

Very nonplussed about this. Let's see if anything happens.

As always though, I love the way Ryan Grigson is always working to improve the roster.

Never said he was.... lmao..I simply asked the question cause we need help, and it's obvious..

We did plenty to help the run game in adding offensive linemen. That's where the real help was needed. Adding another back is a luxury at this point, and if our line isn't much improved, it won't make a difference.

How is he injury prone you guys? I thought he only got injured once and that was last season right?

I mean he was the main RB for the Giants. Body took a beating can't blame him for that. But if we sign him that's a nice rotation and Carter is now definitely in major danger of being cut

I see it like this...

If he is better than who we have on our roster now, then bring him in and release the weaker player. We'd upgrade our roster this way.

As for the RB position, like many, I project Carter may be the player released, leaving us with Ballard, DB, Bradshaw, and possibly K. Williams-- including at fullback, Havili. We'd be set.

I see it like this...

If he is better than who we have on our roster now, then bring him in and release the weaker player. We'd upgrade our roster this way.

As for the RB position, like many, I project Carter may be the player released, leaving us with Ballard, DB, Bradshaw, and possibly K. Williams-- including at fullback, Havili. We'd be set.

Most of us aren't fully familiar with the guys on the roster right now, especially deep on the depth chart. I haven't spent any time finding out what Denodus O'Bryant is about, but I figure he's behind Carter for sure.

That would bring our current total to 8

Brown

Ballard,

Carter

Meggett

Moore

O'Bryant

Williams

Bradshaw if we signed him

I think 4 make it at most

Ballard

Williams

Brown

Bradshaw if healthy and we signed him

with 1 making the PS.......Dan Moore because he is a power back and can replace Carter as well as fill in as lead blocker while letting Havili come in on passing downs

If Bradshaw proves to be healthy, this move could be a potential gem. Ill tell you this, he is miles ahead of Brown for sure. Ballard, on the other hand, has a lot more room to show that he is a great back.

I vote yes on this move

He would be a great addition and would give us a nice 1, 2 punch with Ballard.

Wait. We don't like DB because he's injury prone, so we're gunna get all giddy about looking at another injury prone RB?

Well, if anything, this would still be an improvement over DB. 

Both have injury issues, as you've pointed out, so that's a wash, although it can be debated in Bradshaw's case. One has a reputation for being a good runner, a good runner between the tackles, and a good pass blocker, all when healthy (Bradshaw). The other (DBrown) doesn't really have much of a reputation throughout the league aside from possibly being a bust as a first round pick. It's unfortunate, but Brown really hasn't established himself at all.

Let's put it this way. If Brown played for some other team, we would have no fear facing him as an opponent. We're just attached to him emotionally because he's a Colt and every year we hope is the year that he has a break out season. I know... I know, about the O-line issues that we've had.

That would bring our current total to 8

Brown

Ballard,

Carter

Meggett

Moore

O'Bryant

Williams

Bradshaw if we signed him

I think 4 make it at most

Ballard

Williams

Brown

Bradshaw if healthy and we signed him

with 1 making the PS.......Dan Moore because he is a power back and can replace Carter as well as fill in as lead blocker while letting Havili come in on passing downs

i cant see us carrying 4 backs especially if we plan to have a fb on the roster

I see four including a fullback.

Honest question: How many did we carry last year? 

I recall:

Brown

Ballard

Carter

Moore

Karim?

Anyone else that was on the active roster?  That seems to be a lot for a team that ran the ball 39% of the time.

When healthy, Bradshaw is a top 10 RB in the league has great vision and pass blocking. The problem is he's always injured which is why the Giants released him. He would be a huge upgrade over Brown backing up Ballard. If we sign Bradshaw i think Brown will be expendable and will be cut. Our RB roster will be Ballard,Bradshaw,Williams, and Dan Moore on the practice squad.