Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw visiting Colts/Colts now in 'heavy negotiations' with Bradshaw again. (merge)

Ja'Crispy

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found this on pft,

NFL Network's Kimberly Jones reports the Colts and free agent Ahmad Bradshaw are negotiating a contract, and it "looks like a deal will get done."

Bradshaw is in Indy at this very moment. The Indianapolis Star also believes the Colts' interest in the 27-year-old is "serious," not simply just tire-kicking. The fit couldn't be any better. The Colts' backfield lacks talent, and Bradshaw could easily come in and take over lead-back duties from Vick Ballard. Bradshaw is perfect for OC Pep Hamilton's West Coast offense as a supreme blocker and pass catches. We could hear something by the end of the night.

Hmmmmm...looks like we are going to sign him...

From Rotoworld:

Report: Colts, Bradshaw negotiating contract

NFL Network's Kim Jones reports the Colts and free agent Ahmad Bradshaw are negotiating a contract, and it "looks like a deal will get done."
Source: NFL Around the League
Jun 6 - 4:21 PM

I like this, regardless of what everyone thinks of Ballard it was one season.  Donald Brown well were really still waiting, and Carter I like him but still none of these guys are as good as Bradshaw when he is healthy and if we only use him as a part time back to share carries with Ballard than this would give us a very nice backfield.  I have watched a lot of Giants game as my wife is a Giants fan and one of my best friends is a Giants fan, the guy is a beast.

So risk v reward like everything in the NFL if he comes at the right price I so take a flyer just build insurance into the deal.

GO Colts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly you guys are overrating his "injury plaguedness" The guy only missed 2 games last year, and has been very healthy when compared to other NFL players. In my mind if we sign him he would be competing for the starting job and i believe that he would win it fairly easily from Ballard. 

I agree.  Even when Bradshaw has played injured, he has still been pretty productive. 

Uh Oh, Mods get ready....... this could beat that WR thread easily if this deal happens :cheer:

:popcorn:

Not really. The prospect of getting Victor Cruz or Fitz or any of the other WR we could conjure up is far more exciting than actually signing a steal of a running back who immediately makes that position group better.

Dreams are sexier than reality.

Not really. The prospect of getting Victor Cruz or Fitz or any of the other WR we could conjure up is far more exciting than actually signing a steal of a running back who immediately makes that position group better.

Dreams are sexier than reality.

It could still be like a 20 page thread maybe longer if we sign him

Bradshaw's injury prone label is not due to how many games he misses, just that he always seems to be dinged up.. That being said.. I like him over Carter, but wouldn't replace Donald with him because we need a reliable change of pace... I like the idea of fielding Ballard, Brown, and Bradshaw with Williams returning kicks and one of the FB's in on some packages, but we would have to get rid of Carter (or a FB) to make roster room.

I don't see what all the hype is about...Bradshaw is not that great...he would just be another cog in the rotation.

He is better then brown or carter.  Put him with Ballard.  And we could have one of the top rb's in the league.  Esp with our new line.

jesus christ settle down if he was that good he would have been signed ages ago.

He has durability issues. Check the stats. He averaged 4.6 YPC, didn't drop a single pass, and gave up 5 pass pressures when blocking.