Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Three Colt QBs in Top 10 Passing Seasons Of All Time

unitaswestand

I just watched the updated version of the Top 10 Passing Seasons of all time.  They changed the top a few times.  But isn't it such a luxury as Colts fans we have

#6 Bert Jones 1976

#3 Peyton Manning 2004

#2 John Unitas 1959

Now, once Luck comes up a season on there, we will have complete domination :)

It is so nice to have had so many great QBs .

I just watched the updated version of the Top 10 Passing Seasons of all time.  They changed the top a few times.  But isn't it such a luxury as Colts fans we have

#6 Bert Jones 1976

#3 Peyton Manning 2004

#2 John Unitas 1959

Now, once Luck comes up a season on there, we will have complete domination :)

It is so nice to have had so many great QBs .

I have all 3 of their jerseys hanging in my closet, all unique in their own way

Is there a complete list. I'm afraid I missed that show..

1. dan marino in 1983

2. johnny unitas in 1958

3. peyton manning in 2004

4. tom brady in 2007

5. steve young in 1994

6. bert jones in 1976

7. joe montana in 1989

8. didnt catch this one sorry

9. dunate culpepper in 2004

10. kurt warner in 1999

1. dan marino in 1983

2. johnny unitas in 1958

4. tom brady in 2007

5. steve young in 1994

6. bert jones in 1976

7. joe montana in 1989

10. kurt warner in 1999

Thanks ColtsRule91..much obliged

1. dan marino in 1983

2. johnny unitas in 1958

4. tom brady in 2007

5. steve young in 1994

6. bert jones in 1976

7. joe montana in 1989

10. kurt warner in 1999

8. Was YA Tittle 1963.

I am actually glad they adjusted this show a bit.  When they first did the show, Manning's 2004 season was #1.  Than when Brady threw 50 TDs, his became #1 on the show. But I am glad they don't just look at a passing season by how many touchdowns someone threw, because it doesn't account for games played and the defenses they played against.  I do think they have it right.   I can't argue with Marino's 1984 season because was head and shoulders above what anyone else was doing at that time.  I am glad they put Manning in front of Brady because Manning had a higher QB rating and could easily thrown 55 TDs had they played like the Patriots did.  So overall, I like the list.  Not sure about Culpepper in there.

I am actually glad they adjusted this show a bit.  When they first did the show, Manning's 2004 season was #1.  Than when Brady threw 50 TDs, his became #1 on the show. But I am glad they don't just look at a passing season by how many touchdowns someone threw, because it doesn't account for games played and the defenses they played against.  I do think they have it right.   I can't argue with Marino's 1984 season because was head and shoulders above what anyone else was doing at that time.  I am glad they put Manning in front of Brady because Manning had a higher QB rating and could easily thrown 55 TDs had they played like the Patriots did.  So overall, I like the list.  Not sure about Culpepper in there.

Not to mention Manning pulled the throttle back in some of his games while Brady and the Patriots ran up the scores. Peyton could have had a few more TD`s  if the Colts did things that way

I'm glad to see Unitas recognized..In those days, you could basically hold the WRs and you could (and were encouraged to) hit the QB in the knee or in the face,,,to slow him up

Even Peyton would bow down to Johnny U....

As defending league MVP (Colts won in '38, too) JU had 32 Tds in 12 games in 1959....and he led his side to 24 fourth quarter points in the title game (pre-Super Bowl era) win over the NYGs..

When you consider the era, Johnny Unitas is still the No. 1 QB all-time

I'm glad to see Unitas recognized..In those days, you could basically hold the WRs and you could (and were encouraged to) hit the QB in the knee or in the face,,,to slow him up

Even Peyton would bow down to Johnny U....

As defending league MVP (Colts won in '38, too) JU had 32 Tds in 12 games in 1959....and he led his side to 24 fourth quarter points in the title game (pre-Super Bowl era) win over the NYGs..

When you consider the era, Johnny Unitas is still the No. 1 QB all-time

I didn't even realize Unitas's season in 1959 was so good. This was accomplished when the defenses could still mug you, and it was still a running era. I think the 1959 Championship season sometimes gets overshadowed by the historic 1958 season and Championship win. 1959 ended with a nice 31-16 victory over the NY Giants in Meorial Stadium.