Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone feeling an early fantasy football mock draft?

I sitting here watching the Pacers play the Heat and want to be a bit more multi-tasked at the moment. If anyone wants to jump in one let me know and ill pick a decent on after a 20 minute roll call.

ROLL CALL NOW!

just did a mock draft

QB-stafford luck

RB-mccoy, chris johnson, reggie bush, givonni benard

WR- calvin johnson, fitz, wallace, bowe, tavon austin

TE- gronk

D- seahawks, broncos

K- who cares

Not too shabby, Coltsrule91. Pretty good team, not sure about Fitz though (maybe he'll have a better year now with a new signal caller and new management), but even then Wallace and Bowe seem like great fall back options. 

just did a mock draft

QB-stafford luck

RB-mccoy, chris johnson, reggie bush, givonni benard

WR- calvin johnson, fitz, wallace, bowe, tavon austin

TE- gronk

D- seahawks, broncos

K- who cares

I like your selections! Great strategy with the QBs getting one of the most pass happy and one of the new elites in Luck. I also like your RB selections up until the Bernard pick. Nothing against him... I just don't know enough about him and how he will be used to merit a selection by me personally. I like the WR selections because they are a nice mix of safe picks and boom/bust... I could realistically see all five having a good season. TE selection is meh in my book. Personally I would hold off on TE this year and get guys like Jared Cook, Martellus Bennett, or even Greg Olsen. Solid picks with the DEFs. If you can shore up most of your positions kinda early then this is a good area to get a killer one-two punch.

If your are ever interested in having a mock draft buddy leave me a PM or something and we can set up time to do so.

I like your selections! Great strategy with the QBs getting one of the most pass happy and one of the new elites in Luck. I also like your RB selections up until the Bernard pick. Nothing against him... I just don't know enough about him and how he will be used to merit a selection by me personally. I like the WR selections because they are a nice mix of safe picks and boom/bust... I could realistically see all five having a good season. TE selection is meh in my book. Personally I would hold off on TE this year and get guys like Jared Cook, Martellus Bennett, or even Greg Olsen. Solid picks with the DEFs. If you can shore up most of your positions kinda early then this is a good area to get a killer one-two punch.

If your are ever interested in having a mock draft buddy leave me a PM or something and we can set up time to do so.

Im pretty good with these sleeper back picks. last year I got doug martin in the end of the 9th round. bernard I can see starting over the law firm as the season continues. you dont take a back that early for him to only see spot duty.

Im pretty good with these sleeper back picks. last year I got doug martin in the end of the 9th round. bernard I can see starting over the law firm as the season continues. you dont take a back that early for him to only see spot duty.

Yeah I was targeting Martin in all my leagues last year. Bad part was I figured I could wait one round longer each time because he was a rookie RB after all. I got him in most leagues and really hated myself in the other leagues I waited to long.

Other notable good calls I have made were Graham in his breakout year. i got him with one of my last picks. Also, the year Foster broke out and took the job from Slaton. I got him in a couple of leagues but the one I loved the most is when my week 1 opponent dropped him and I snatched him up. He gave me 50 points that week.  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

I did a mock today on ESPN and ended up with these in a 12 team league picking 10th:

QBs: RG3, Jay Cutler

RBs: Stevan Ridley, Vick Ballard, Jonathan Stewart, Johnathan Franklin, Willis McGahee

WRs: Calvin Johnson, Randall Cobb, Darrius Heyward Bey, Anquan Boldin

TEs: Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Coby Fleener

D/ST: Texans

K: Matt Prater

I did a mock today on ESPN and ended up with these in a 12 team league picking 10th:

QBs: RG3, Jay Cutler

RBs: Stevan Ridley, Vick Ballard, Jonathan Stewart, Johnathan Franklin, Willis McGahee

WRs: Calvin Johnson, Randall Cobb, Darrius Heyward Bey, Anquan Boldin

TEs: Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Coby Fleener

D/ST: Texans

K: Matt Prater

I like your QBs and TEs the most. WR and RB are good but could be better if you were able to swing a trade. Of course that is all speculative. I could have fun with a team like this.

• 5 weeks later...

ok this is what im getting now. bascially the same but alittle different

QB-stafford, luck, dalton

RB- chris johnson, bush, bradshaw, givonni bernard

WR- cal, green, wallace, fitz,

TE- veron davis, brandon myers

D- seahawks, texans

K- phil dawson