Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where is Laron Landry?

BProland85

There's a list of players not participating in the OTAs on Colts.com. I'd like to know if it's due to injury, training elsewhere, school, etc.

Not accusing anyone of not being team players, just curious.

Well, we know that Ijalana, McKinney, Angerer, Carter, Moala, Boyett, Lefeged , Redding did not participate for medical reasons.

Sheldon Price is still in school, McNary is still in the Army.

I assume Wayne, just like Landry is somewhere in Florida or elsewhere.

The only ones we don't  know why there were not there are Howell, Asante, Mathis (he's been there before today), D. Thomas (also there before today), and Franklin.

As you can see there are many safeties missing and for this reason Darius Butler was asked to play safety in OTA.

I bet there are other teams in NFL with a lot more players not participating in OTAs, Colts have excellent participation. Look at Giants with both Nicks and Cruz missing.

Well, we know that Ijalana, McKinney, Angerer, Carter, Moala, Boyett, Lefeged , Redding did not participate for medical reasons.

Sheldon Price is still in school, McNary is still in the Army.

I assume Wayne, just like Landry is somewhere in Florida or elsewhere.

The only ones we don't  know why there were not there are Howell, Asante, Mathis (he's been there before today), D. Thomas (also there before today), and Franklin.

As you can see there are many safeties missing and for this reason Darius Butler was asked to play safety in OTA.

I bet there are other teams in NFL with a lot more players not participating in OTAs, Colts have excellent participation. Look at Giants with both Nicks and Cruz missing.

Thanks. Actually I didn't know all those guys were out for medical reasons.

LaRon doesn't have to be here, if he chooses.

I personally think he could benefit from being with the team but I am not LaRon.

Yeah he can benefit by building chemistry with the guys, but you can't force him to be here. He'll be fine though. Gotta let people do their own thing until it's time for all of the guys to come together

I'm pretty sick of him not participating with the rest of the team. He can do all the "laroning" he wants here in Indy. with the TEAM.

He can be a freak of nature here with the team

I tend to agree with that sentiment completely trueblueblood. Yes, OTA's are not mandatory as other bloggers have correctly stated & veterans do prefer to work with special fitness trainers & nutrition experts that they trust, but establishing team chemistry for a player like Landry who is new to this locker room & city should begin as soon as possible to create a bond among team mates that builds immediate loyalty.

Reggie Wayne is different. He knows the coaches, training staff, & playbook & could perform any play on cue blindfolded if necessary. Landry not so much. I'm not doubting Landry's athletic ability or intellect. I just believe that gelling & chemistry among the men that you will bleed with over 16-20 weeks can never start too soon that's all.

I tend to agree with that sentiment completely trueblueblood. Yes, OTA's are not mandatory as other bloggers have correctly stated & veterans do prefer to work with special fitness trainers & nutrition experts that they trust, but establishing team chemistry for a player like Landry who is new to this locker room & city should begin as soon as possible to create a bond among team mates that builds immediate loyalty.

Reggie Wayne is different. He knows the coaches, training staff, & playbook & could perform any play on cue blindfolded if necessary. Landry not so much. I'm not doubting Landry's athletic ability or intellect. I just believe that gelling & chemistry among the men that you will bleed with over 16-20 weeks can never start too soon that's all.

Exactly. These ota's are critical for learning the new defense and all the terminology. Granted, its not like its going to be a crazy difference, but still. In my opinion, he's doing himself and the team a disservice by not participating. Because come training camp, everything will be thrown at him. Hope he can pick it up quickly... I know if I were a coach, I wouldn't be happy at all. Not only is he not at ota's, but I don't think he's participated in anything with the team this offseason.

Reggie and Robert held out on on a mandatory mini camp a few years back did they not? This is not kindergarden. I think we'd all prefer it if it was all camp fire camaraderie (sp) at all times, but NFL players are a strange bunch. If he continues to be estaranged when it matters, then he'll be out the door quicker than you can say I'm Brad Wells...... 

Dude, you need medication. I love ya, but you're talking non-sense as if you know about every players' regime. I'm sure landry is doing just fine. Just  because he is not photographed, doesn't mean squat. It's all good.

Exactly. These ota's are critical for learning the new defense and all the terminology. Granted, its not like its going to be a crazy difference, but still. In my opinion, he's doing himself and the team a disservice by not participating. Because come training camp, everything will be thrown at him. Hope he can pick it up quickly... I know if I were a coach, I wouldn't be happy at all. Not only is he not at ota's, but I don't think he's participated in anything with the team this offseason.

Another person with too much at stake. Are you serious?

Dude, you need medication. I love ya, but you're talking non-sense as if you know about every players' regime. I'm sure landry is doing just fine. Just because he is not photographed, doesn't mean squat. It's all good.

Go back to post #26 please. Where did I mention anything about an issue with Landry being photographed? I didn't. The entire thesis of my post was about building team chemistry especially since Landry is new to this city, this playbook scheme, & this locker room. I even stated & I quote "veterans do prefer to work with special fitness trainers & nutrition experts that they trust... I'm not doubting Landry's athletic ability or intellect."

Did I say that Landry was not working hard right or had no idea what he was doing? No, I didn't. All I was really saying in a nutshell is that Landry at least this offseason would be best served getting into the Colts LOS facility as soon as possible to get familiar, comfortable, & acclimated to his new environment. When Safety John Lynch left Tampa Bay & went to the Broncos in 2004, I recall an interview where he said that signing with a new team was like being a rookie again & you had to prove your value to everyone in that locker room & the best way to smoothen that transition was to get in the new locker room, lift with your new team mates, & master that playbook as soon as possible. LeRon Landry isn't a member of the Jets anymore. He's a Colt now.

"Dude, you need medication." Is that a politically correct way of saying I'm a mo ron? haha I've been called worse CS, even by members of my own family. I respect you too CS as well. Let's just say we do not see eye to eye on this issue & agree to disagree.

Go back to post #26 please. Where did I mention anything about an issue with Landry being photographed? I didn't. The entire thesis of my post was about building team chemistry especially since Landry is new to this city, this playbook scheme, & this locker room. I even stated & I quote "veterans do prefer to work with special fitness trainers & nutrition experts that they trust... I'm not doubting Landry's athletic ability or intellect."

Did I say that Landry was not working hard right or had no idea what he was doing? No, I didn't.  All I was really saying in a nutshell is that Landry at least this offseason would be best served getting into the Colts LOS facility as soon as possible to get familiar, comfortable, & acclimated to his new environment. When Safety John Lynch left Tampa Bay & went to the Broncos in 2004, I recall an interview where he said that signing with a new team was like being a rookie again & you had to prove your value to everyone in that locker room & the best way to smoothen that transition was to get in the new locker room, lift with your new team mates, & master that playbook as soon as possible. LeRon Landry isn't a member of the Jets anymore. He's a Colt now. 

"Dude, you need medication." Is that a politically correct way of saying I'm a mo ron?  haha I've been called worse SC, even by members of my own family. I respect you too CS as well. Let's just say we do not see eye to eye on this issue & agree to disagree. 

You're too emotional, chill out and smell the roses. I didn't read your post because it might get me going. It's OK, we're all OK. It doesn't matter if the Colts go 1-15 next year, I'm alright with it. I'm hoping for a lot more than that, but I won't let it define me. I've seen the worst of the colts. This is all gravy.

not true.. it's his second new OC and a new offense to learn in 2 years.. and if i recall correctly, he was here for ota-s last year, remember him talking about having to learn a new offense after 10 years..

i guess he just doesn't feel like it this year..

If he continues to be estaranged when it matters, then he'll be out the door quicker than you can say I'm Brad Wells...... 

Good point BHC! As long as Landry proves himself on the field under the lights when the cameras roll, nothing else matters. I agree 100% My only point was making his new team transition as swift & seamless as possible. Just like some graduate professors told me "You may have taken a class on Queen Elizabeth, but you haven't taken my class on Queen Elizabeth SW1." Translation: Not all playbooks are created equally. Sophistication & scope can literally be the difference between night & day. 

BHC, you should create business cards stating "Faster than a speeding bullet or a Big Foot or Brad Wells sighting. You will never catch me. Many have tried & they have all failed miserably." LOL! 

You're too emotional, chill out and smell the roses. I didn't read your post because it might get me going. It's OK, we're all OK. It doesn't matter if the Colts go 1-15 next year, I'm alright with it. I'm hoping for a lot more than that, but I won't let it define me. I've seen the worst of the colts. This is all gravy.

How am I getting too emotional exactly especially after you said "I didn't read your post." Generally, it's never a good idea to claim another person is "getting emotional" over something you never actually read. I was rational, logical, funny, & patient with you. Hardly, the image you portray my reply to be. I find it ironic that you chose not to address any of my points. No one can read minds on here at least not without a tinfoil hat, some Doors music preferably "Riders on the Storm", & some beverages mixed with alcohol anyway. Just Kidding CS! 

not true.. it's his second new OC and a new offense to learn in 2 years.. and if i recall correctly, he was here for ota-s last year, remember him talking about having to learn a new offense after 10 years..

i guess he just doesn't feel like it this year..

I was actually comparing Reggie Wayne's familiarity with the Colts playbook in 2013 in contrast to LeRon Landry's familiarity with Pagano's current playbook CCF21. 10 years ago means nothing. Right here & now Reggie is an expert in our schemes vs Landry who is not well versed in them at the moment. That was my point. Obviously, I failed to communicate that point effectively CCF21. My fault; not yours. 

How am I getting too emotional exactly especially after you said "I didn't read your post." Generally, it's never a good idea to claim another person is "getting emotional" over something you never actually read. I was rational, logical, funny, & patient with you. Hardly, the image you portray my reply to be. I find it ironic that you chose not to address any of my points. No one can read minds on here at least not without a tinfoil hat, some Doors music preferably "Riders on the Storm", & some beverages mixed with alcohol anyway. Just Kidding CS!

what is it with you and random videos and pictures. you have to eat more bandwidth than anyone else by far

I was actually comparing Reggie Wayne's familiarity with the Colts playbook in 2013 in contrast to LeRon Landry's familiarity with Pagano's current playbook CCF21. 10 years ago means nothing. Right here & now Reggie is an expert in our schemes vs Landry who is not well versed in them at the moment. That was my point. Obviously, I failed to communicate that point effectively CCF21. My fault; not yours.

Reggie has never played in this offense

contrast? neither reggie nor landry know the 2013 playbook..