Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For All Those Who Want Luck (merge)

GoColts8818

I'd trade our #1st round if we played that horrible for another 1st and early second (or better offer depending on position) and then use those two picks plus our second round pick and get a WR, CB, then Kellen Moore in the 2nd round.

Assuming Manning makes a recovery (and "odds" are strongly in his favor) and he's healthy and ready to roll, it gives him three or four solid years to play. Why in the world would we pay luck an absurd amount of money to sit his WHOLE rookie deal behind Manning. Then when it is his time to play, guess what, he's proved NOTHING and needs to be paid... again. No one ever takes that into account even though they think about the amount paid + no playing time.

Grab Kellen; Accurate, Tough, Winner. Get a playmaking WR in the 1st, corner in late 1st/Early second, then nab Kellen with our own 2nd.

Or replace WR/CB combo with another O-line.

Tis' my two cents.

What are you going to do if we end up with the first overall pick and he goes back for his senior season and doesn't come out?

Personally I'd be thrilled and I think it'd be hilarious. However...aren't they saying he's supposed to be graduating early? I thought I heard he was in place to graduate by the end of his JR year but I could be wrong.

Personally I'd be thrilled and I think it'd be hilarious. However...aren't they saying he's supposed to be graduating early? I thought I heard he was in place to graduate by the end of his JR year but I could be wrong.

Considering he nearly came out this year but was told BY Peyton to play another year. I'd say if he had the chance to take over for the one man who really helped make the biggest decision of his life to that point... he'd come out and not look back =). And you're right, he wanted his "degree + memories" as intstructed by his father and Peyton.

WOW.....just wow......How coould you even consider murder fo a gu that wants to finish school...........I say you need some serious help....

Just take out a knee and thowing arm, I would never resort to murder :spit:

come on guys...you're talking about ending the guy's career (or life :eek: ). That's just completely wrong....simply knock him out and pull the whole "stolen kidney, wake up in a bathtub of ice" routine. :evil:

lol

I'd trade our #1st round if we played that horrible for another 1st and early second (or better offer depending on position) and then use those two picks plus our second round pick and get a WR, CB, then Kellen Moore in the 2nd round.

Assuming Manning makes a recovery (and "odds" are strongly in his favor) and he's healthy and ready to roll, it gives him three or four solid years to play. Why in the world would we pay luck an absurd amount of money to sit his WHOLE rookie deal behind Manning. Then when it is his time to play, guess what, he's proved NOTHING and needs to be paid... again. No one ever takes that into account even though they think about the amount paid + no playing time.

Grab Kellen; Accurate, Tough, Winner. Get a playmaking WR in the 1st, corner in late 1st/Early second, then nab Kellen with our own 2nd.

Or replace WR/CB combo with another O-line.

Tis' my two cents.

Kellen Moore is a nice college QB. But what he lacks in size, he more than makes up for with a noodle arm. In other words, he is not a player teams take in the early rounds thinking they have their QB of the future.

Can he? I thought he had to leave this season, I thought this was his 4th year of eligibility.

No, he redshirted his freshman year in 2008. He's academically a senior, but does have another year of eligibility left. That said I highly doubt he comes back for that 5th year....It's amazing he chose to stay for this season. A lot of times that doesn't bode well for top college QBs (see Matt Leinhart, Jake Locker, etc). There's the chance for catastrophic injury (slim but there), a terrible season (see Locker, terrible senior year that cost him big $$$), among other things.

No, he redshirted his freshman year in 2008. He's academically a senior, but does have another year of eligibility left. That said I highly doubt he comes back for that 5th year....It's amazing he chose to stay for this season. A lot of times that doesn't bode well for top college QBs (see Matt Leinhart, Jake Locker, etc). There's the chance for catastrophic injury (slim but there), a terrible season (see Locker, terrible senior year that cost him big $$$), among other things.

Did Locker's senior season really cost him? He was picked in the top 10 this year. Plus the knock on him has always been accuracy and that would have shown itself in workouts after his junior year. He was never going to supplant Bradford as the # 1 pick.

Did Locker's senior season really cost him? He was picked in the top 10 this year. Plus the knock on him has always been accuracy and that would have shown itself in workouts after his junior year. He was never going to supplant Bradford as the # 1 pick.

It hurt Locker because he was considered by a lot of teams to be the best QB in the draft, and considering if he would have came out the first time there would have been no rookie salary cap, he would have made double what he signed for this year.

WOW.....just wow......How coould you even consider murder fo a gu that wants to finish school...........I say you need some serious help....

Just take out a knee and thowing arm, I would never resort to murder :spit:

Yea, this is coming from a guy with the infamous "caricature of a guy murdering himself over a keyboard/PC" meme. Man, I try to get away from that meme all the time, but it follows me everywhere. Honestly, I hope the mods make you remove it, because that type of avatar really has no place here on an all-ages forum.

What are you going to do if we end up with the first overall pick and he goes back for his senior season and doesn't come out?

Duh...We have Tressel on our sidelines now! :facepalm: He'll come out and I'm hoping he has 2-3 years to learn under Manning.

Signed, Wishful Thinking

I'll watch the NFL Draft on TV like I always do, and hope Polian gets a future Pro Bowler at another position if we keep the pick.

Just because a number of us would prefer Andrew Luck with the 1st overall pick doesn't mean we'll slit our wrists if the lad decides on one more year at Stanford.

I seriously doubt he will though.

Considering he nearly came out this year but was told BY Peyton to play another year. I'd say if he had the chance to take over for the one man who really helped make the biggest decision of his life to that point... he'd come out and not look back =). And you're right, he wanted his "degree + memories" as intstructed by his father and Peyton.

Did Peyton really counsel him on the decision to stay or not?

I'm gonna go you one better gocolts8818....

What if Luck doesn't have the greatest year? And before anyone comes in and starts off with "oh no way that happens" or anything like that....don't. It can happen to anyone. An injury to him or anyone else on the offense could lead to his level of play going down. Lost an offensive lineman and now your pass protection goes down. Injury to any of the skill players could hurt Luck's production. He could suffer a minor injury that, while not season ending, could cause his performance to struggle.

So right now, the top 3 QB prospects are Andrew Luck, then Landry Jones and finally Matt Barkley. Jones or Barkley could still have stellar years and Luck has a somewhat off year and this hurts his draft stock. All of a sudden it's Landry Jones that's the #1 prospect.

Should the Colts stick with #1 and draft Luck?

Should the Colts stick with #1 and draft Landry Jones?

Should the Colts drop down a few picks hoping they'll still be able to grab Luck while gaining extra picks in the process?

I'm gonna go you one better gocolts8818....

What if Luck doesn't have the greatest year? And before anyone comes in and starts off with "oh no way that happens" or anything like that....don't. It can happen to anyone. An injury to him or anyone else on the offense could lead to his level of play going down. Lost an offensive lineman and now your pass protection goes down. Injury to any of the skill players could hurt Luck's production. He could suffer a minor injury that, while not season ending, could cause his performance to struggle.

So right now, the top 3 QB prospects are Andrew Luck, then Landry Jones and finally Matt Barkley. Jones or Barkley could still have stellar years and Luck has a somewhat off year and this hurts his draft stock. All of a sudden it's Landry Jones that's the #1 prospect.

Should the Colts stick with #1 and draft Luck?

Should the Colts stick with #1 and draft Landry Jones?

Should the Colts drop down a few picks hoping they'll still be able to grab Luck while gaining extra picks in the process?

The more I read from you, the more im convinced you are just dead set against the thought of taking Luck and you'll be very unhappy if thats the direction the Colts go. I myself, would personally love to see Luck in a Colts uniform, but if the team feels like there is a better way to go and trade back and maybe get Landry Jones, I wouldn't be that upset about it. The only thing that I wouldn't like is if they took Matt Barkley, He just looks like a bust waiting to happen in my opinion. Not impressed at all with the recent track record of USC QB's.

The more I read from you, the more im convinced you are just dead set against the thought of taking Luck and you'll be very unhappy if thats the direction the Colts go. I myself, would personally love to see Luck in a Colts uniform, but if the team feels like there is a better way to go and trade back and maybe get Landry Jones, I wouldn't be that upset about it. The only thing that I wouldn't like is if they took Matt Barkley, He just looks like a bust waiting to happen in my opinion. Not impressed at all with the recent track record of USC QB's.

Honestly no that's not the case at all. What I'm dead set against is using the #1 pick for a QB and I just don't understand the people saying "it's luck or bust" (I'm paraphrasing of course). These people aren't even considering the possibility that we could trade down 5 places or less and still get one of the top 3 QBs and that's not including a few guys just behind them who'll probably be in the late 1st to mid 2nd round.

With all of the hype around Luck, this is a rare year where it would be possible to even trade back one spot to #2 and still get several picks as compensation. Then we get whoever the #2 prospect is and have additional picks to show for it but no, "if we have the #1 pick we take Luck, there's no question about it"

No I get exactly what Jason is doing, he's exploring options and saying and not just focusing on doing one thing. He's doing exactly what the Colts are going to do if they are in this spot. Explore ALL their options and then pick the best one for them. A lot of people don't seem willing to entertain anything but drafting Luck. With that said I have seen several people saying we could trade the pick and a couple who have said we could take another player. No one knows what is going to happen and I have seen Jason say several times we don't know how it's going to play out and we need to wait and see. For all we know Manning could come back and play the last six weeks and we could go something like 5-1 in those games and end up like 6-10 and end up with like the 11th pick or something. No one knows yet nothing wrong with exploring other options rather than being dead set on one.

A lot of people don't seem willing to entertain anything but drafting Luck.

And I'm incredibly curious as to what those people say regarding to the scenario I proposed...assuming any of them do respond.

I also agree that we won't wind up with the worst record. I posted my predictions in another thread but there are so many I can't remember which one. lol Ultimately I had us finishing around 4-12 or 5-11. :)

And I'm incredibly curious as to what those people say regarding to the scenario I proposed...assuming any of them do respond.

I also agree that we won't wind up with the worst record. I posted my predictions in another thread but there are so many I can't remember which one. lol Ultimately I had us finishing around 4-12 or 5-11. :)

I like the other guy have also read a lot of ur posts, but I seem to agree with a lot of them, especially with the draft. I like the idea of trading down better than staying at 1, if thats where we end up, Dont get me wrong, Luck is a great QB, but in the games and tape that I have watched I dont see him head and shoulders above the rest. I see someone that may be more pro ready, which isnt really the trait we need as bad as others. We need the guy that the FO sees as the best QB in 2 or 3 years, without selling out on Peyton. If we trade down and still use a first rounder on a QB at least we collect picks to surround Peyton and help the D. Helping both the future and the present. That is the ideal situation IMO. But there are 100 scenarios on how this could go. I dont belive any are wrong, but I feel some are better than others, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder lol

I just want whatever moves we make to lead to multiple SB champs! lol

For those of u who think we need to take a qb in any round before 4 or 5..YOU DO NOT KNOW FOOTBALL OR THIS COLTS ORGANIZATION...Manning is going to be here for 4 or 5 more years we have MORE IMPORTANT NEEDS TO FILL THAT WILL HELP US WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP WHILE WE STILL HAVE THE GREATEST QB IN THE HISTORY OF QUARTERBACKS!! We NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THE RIGHT NOW NOT WHO OUR QB OF THE FUTURE WILL BE.

I don't mean to be rude or condescending. I just don't understand why this couldn't go in one of the many, many threads already here discussing Andrew Luck and the first pick. That's all.

It has I have brought up this point saying that Luck could go back to school and in fact I think I started a thread called for all those who want Luck to talk about this very topic, I could be wrong now that I think about it I put it in the thread about Luck.

Anyways the general response has been no way does the guy go back to school because fans who want him don't want him to go back to school.

It has I have brought up this point saying that Luck could go back to school and in fact I think I started a thread called for all those who want Luck to talk about this very topic, I could be wrong now that I think about it I put it in the thread about Luck.

Anyways the general response has been no way does the guy go back to school because fans who want him don't want him to go back to school.

Yep...here's the thread:

In the OP's defense, it was on the 5th page...and there's no telling how many threads pop up if you use the forum search for it..lol :)

ps. that wasn't a crack on the forum search function but rather just a comment to the number of threads Luck has been mentioned in. :D

What if we get the top pic an andrew luck decided not to enter the draft because he didnt want to sit behind peyton or he enters and his agent say he wont go to colts to sit whats plan b its bin plenty of times top picks have forced their hand

If Peyton is healthy, I don't think the Colts will use an early 1st Round pick on a QB.

If Peyton will be back to healthy I say we trade trade trade!!!!! We are a few people away from having a solid team on all fronts. I'm all for trading down and drafting Dre Kirkpatrick. We need to improve our defense as much as possible because if Peyton comes back healthy, our offense will be more than fine.

Wasnt it Peyton who suggested to Luck that he stay in school this year and not come out? Seems to me there is a rapore there already, so if we get the first pick and that is a big if ( I still believe we will win a few ). We hopefully will get Luck someone who Peyton can mentor and can grow up in our system. Letting the young QB's sit is a much better idea than just throwing them in there. The NFL would have more great QBs if this were the case more often