Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does anybody on here like the Cowboys too?

Iron Colt

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tolerated/respected them during the Staubach years (Drew Pearson is a local product).

HATED them during the Jimmy Johnson years.

Mostly ignore them in recent years since they've been marginal.

Of course the hatred could re-emerge at any moment largely due to them having one of the most obnoxious and arrogant owners in sports. The whole "America's Team" garbage is enough to make my skin crawl too.

They also seem (or used to seem) to attract a "certain kind" of out of market fan. You know, the devoted lifelong followers of The Cowboys, the Lakers and the Yankees. :lol: Plenty of honest fans as well I'm sure, but I've had WAY too much personal contact with the other kind.

I don't hate them as much as others do.  I think Romo gets too much blame and he is actually a decent player.  But Jerry Jones makes many terrible moves as GM and Jason Garrett is not a good head coach.  That team has holes all over the place.  They won't be competing anytime soon

I live in far East Texas, I catch all of the bandwagoners from the Saints, Texans, and the Boys. I can't stand any of those teams. I actually hate any team that doesn't wear a horseshoe on their helmet. I don't like Denver, but have a soft spot for Peyton

I go to Dallas a lot for business, so I love it when the Cowboys lose.  It's not that I hate them, I just love to listen to their media go bonkers.  

The only team I really root against are the Patriots, and that's out of respect.

I live in far East Texas, I catch all of the bandwagoners from the Saints, Texans, and the Boys. I can't stand any of those teams. I actually hate any team that doesn't wear a horseshoe on their helmet. I don't like Denver, but have a soft spot for Peyton

If Texas residents rooting for the three closest teams are "bandwagoners", what do they consider you?

If Texas residents rooting for the three closest teams are "bandwagoners", what do they consider you?

And its more that most of them wore cowboys apparel until the saints won a super bowl, and more recently began wearing texans' stuff in the last 3 years.

I relocated sir. I was born in Indiana.

And its more that most of them wore cowboys apparel until the saints won a super bowl, and more recently began wearing texans' stuff in the last 3 years.

Gotcha. I figured as much but was just teasing you.

The other part of your comment however didn't make a heck of a lot of sense. I would expect the majority of people in East Texas to root for one of the three. Even rooting for all of the three isn't that big a deal. It's the Cowboys fans in NJ where I'm from that I find irritating. Mostly because they try so very hard to be irritating. The team attracts an odd following.

I've never really hated the Cowpies....but it's amusing to watch Jerry Jones high five everyone in the war room, as if they had anything to say about his Draft Day selections. He's crapped the bed so badly since firing Jimmy Johnson that its a wonder there are any Dallas fans left.

Seriously, what can you do about a clown owner holding the franchise hostage like that and won't let go?

I don't hate them as much as others do. I think Romo gets too much blame and he is actually a decent player. But Jerry Jones makes many terrible moves as GM and Jason Garrett is not a good head coach. That team has holes all over the place. They won't be competing anytime soon

I Agree Romo has been putting up monster number over the last 3-4 years now but yet he gets the majority of the blame for the boys blunders

I grew up in Indiana and was a big Bears fan (late 60s- mid 80s).  I started going to a few Colts games in the Jeff George years and my interest in the Colts started to climb.  The Colts passed the Bears as my favorite team around 1992/93 -- and it's not even close anymore.  I do still follow the Bears and they my NFC team.  I don't have a 3rd (well kind of pulling for the Broncos now as a distant 3rd).