Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you See the Colts Signing a WR?

Andy

I can see the Colts signing a young guy like a Chansi Stuckey, or a Early Doucet? Then again, the Colts aren't big in the free agency? What do you guys think?

The only way they sign a veteran WR now is if someone gets hurt or traded. Otherwise they will go into the season with 5 WR's on the roster. They have too many weapons at the position as it is and too many other holes that are far more important.

it doesn't necessarily have to be a big name WR.

It won't be a middle of the road name either.

What they will do is look for someone in camp that they can sign to the PS. They have the main 5 guys and then have their depth on the PS.

I dream of Peyton ending his career with something he's never had, a big, fast, leaping WR. Sydney Rice. But that won't happen. We've got to many WR as it is now. Well get TC bodies like a poster said but outside of that, the colts don't have the mulatto to spend.

Wayne

Garcon

Collie

Gonzo

White

I really do not see much room for another WR. Now I am sure Gonzo will get hurt so we will probably sign a free agent or bring someone off our practice squad.

True, plus they may keep Taj Smith on the roster if he shows improvement this pre-season. It seems like he is a talented guy just can't seem to get it all together....maybe this is the year?

Wayne

Garcon

Collie

Gonzo

White

I really do not see much room for another WR. Now I am sure Gonzo will get hurt so we will probably sign a free agent or bring someone off our practice squad.

What he said....I don't see the Colts chasing after a WR in Free Agency, more likely a DB...I would like to see a guy named Donte Whitner in a Colts' uniform....

True, plus they may keep Taj Smith on the roster if he shows improvement this pre-season. It seems like he is a talented guy just can't seem to get it all together....maybe this is the year?

#'s game leave Taj off the roster. In order to keep him, they likely have to cut someone and that seems unlikely.

What he said....I don't see the Colts chasing after a WR in Free Agency, more likely a DB...I would like to see a guy named Donte Whitner in a Colts' uniform....

I 100% agree on Donte Whitner. I've been talking about this guy for the past couple of months, and even mentioned him in a recent thread; he's great. He, Byrd, and Poslusky are the only bright spots on that defense, and is a tackling machine with good hands. I would be thrilled if they picked him up, but like you all know, the Colts aren't big in the offseason.

Yes and no. Only when one of our own 5 guys(Wayne,Garcon,Collie,Gonzalez,White) go down because of an injury. No because if we're serious about being the first team to hoist a Lombardi trophy in there home town, then we'll focus on defense.

I actually think we have the deepest WR squad in the league if we can stay healthy. I would very much LOVE to see Mebane and Whitner in Colts uniforms. Those should be the only FA signings imo(besides the undrafteds). The only other way we should sign a FA is if we can't get Addai to sign for cheaper, then we should try to get Bradshaw.