Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So If Painter Starts Mnf

Peyton>brady

Colts  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are they a Top 10 Team in the NFL

Hassleback signed with the Titans about 6 weeks before the season started and had the benefit of a full training camp.

Not saying Collins is / was / will ever be the answer at the QB position, but the Colts screwed up by not bringing in a real QB at the start of camp....

Like i said before collins could have known the playbook from front to cover he still wouldnt have been any different, the guy should have stayed retired... the fact that the colts brung a QB out from retirement has me scratching my head anyway, could have gotten someone younger, forget experience its what you can do now.

You should have given the poll option that he might not suck instead of automatically assuming he will.

As a fan I felt excitement when he came into the game AND settled down. It's the 1st real hope I've had since the season started. If he can accomplish something when thrown in cold and few reps, what can he do with a full weeks practice with the 1st team and Manning in the booth? It's got to be better than what we've seen so far, IMO.

Agreed....the front office obviously tried to catch lightening in a bottle by bringing in Collins, a guy with vastly more starting experience, in the hopes that maybe we could steady ourselves and perhaps start the season with a win or two. It wasn't a terrible idea under lousy circumstances....but it's not working either.

Now....at 0-3 and with Collins injured....its time to put Painter in and give him at least 2-3 games to see exactly where the guy goes as a full time starter and how well he progresses.

At the very least....he'll hopefully show something against KC and the Bengals.

I worry that any moves the Colts would make are going to hurt in the future (i.e. trade a 3rd rounder for John Beck, etc.) We need to be pateient and just grin and bear it this year and don't mess with giving up picks in the future as all of our veternas are breaking down and we need more youth at certian positions (WR, SS, DE)

I hope i'm wrong, but sadly i don't think we make the playoffs unless #18 suits up monday night. It's all great and dandy that a team showed up against pittsburgh but i'm less than optimistic about what we will see against Tampa. It's always been that way except PEYTON MANNING could outscore anyone if he had the ball and time on the clock. Ask Bill.

That's fine that you think that.

Curtis Painter needs a haircut, a good pencil, and a notepad. Maybe he could become an artist.
This is just a completely nonsense statement, why even make it?

I swear Addai has to be ticked off at how little respect he has received and the Oline must be the same on that scoring drive. Painter led that huh? After the entire game of the Colts owning the run game, Painter comes in and leads them down the field :loco: .

Yes, Painter led the TD drive. They went 80 yards, Painter was 5 of 7 for 60 yards. Addai had a great run to punch it in no doubt. If it was Manning in there, people would talk about how Manning lead the game tying drive, so why not Painter?
Collins has sucked plenty because he has not had three years with the system, Painter has and my 7yr. old son can make all three of the passes he shanked.
I can guarantee you he could not. But I am glad you son is starting to be a QB, best of luck to him.
Painter should not be in the NFL period and i gaurantee Hartline is a better option. Painter wasn't even a good college qb.
So Hartline is a better option even though he has yet to take a snap (preseason or other) in the NFL and because Painter was not even a good college QB? Yet Hartline was a horrible college QB.

I promise he will make his homers :facepalm: next time he plays. He doesn't have it period.

He may. And you can't really consider me a homer because I don't like Painter.

When we've seen Painter play, it's rarely been good.

And by rarely I mean one decent pre-season game against the Packers, and one decent drive against the Steelers.

All that other pre-season and regular season time he's seen? Pretty awful.

At what point does all the bad finally outweigh the tiny bit of good?

I mean, seeing how some feverishly defend Painter you'd expect them to be calling for us to sign JaMarcuss Russell because he's been better in his career than Painter...

There comes a point where the bad outweighs the good. In August, we were WAAAAAAY past that point with Painter. The idea of starting Painter here, or anywhere was downright offensive to most. One decent pre-season game, and one decent drive later, he's being looked to as some kind of savior.

It's the "What have you done lately" attitude personified.

If Painter goes out and lays an egg Monday night, like the vast majority of his career has been, and we give him another mulligan, when does it stop?

Not that it really matters... 4 wins is the ceiling, Painter, Collins, or anyone not named "Manning". If Painter engineers those 4 wins, though, he'll be a hero of mythical proportions to his defenders and will have a career filled with mulligans as long as he's here...

Painter was actually one of the top 10 best Big Ten QB's of the 2000's on the Big Ten Network. He must've been a fairly good college QB.

He was. And had he left Purdue his Junior season, he may have been a first round draft pick. But he stayed for his senior season, and a bad team around him killed his draft stock momentum coming into the draft.

But great college players not translating to the NFL happens more often than not. Much more often than not. Painter has been another one of the many examples of that...

He was. And had he left Purdue his Junior season, he may have been a first round draft pick. But he stayed for his senior season, and a bad team around him killed his draft stock momentum coming into the draft.

But great college players not translating to the NFL happens more often than not. Much more often than not. Painter has been another one of the many examples of that...

Yeah I hear ya there, never really watched Painter play in College. Caught a game or two that I can barley remember. I agree he's not the savior, not even close. One thing I did like is that he can actually move, hah!!! Collins was a statue, we really don't quite know how good Painter is yet, we will see how he does a in couple of regular season games (maybe for the rest of the year, who knows).

I'm just kind of looking forward to see someone that doesn't movie like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz.

I am sorry but I just can't get behind Curtis as a starting QB. I gave him the benifit of the doubt as long as I could.

Last season . . . he didn't stand a chance in the conditions he was thrown into.

So I watched this season before making a decision on where I stood.

I am not impressed and I don't think he will lead this team to the playoffs. One good quarter (ok decent) does not change my mind. He is going to have to show more than that.

Playoffs? Playoffs????????????? We're just trying to win a game..... literally.

I understand if ppl do not agree with painter being the starter.... ok no i dont BUT you have some ppl on here that are acting like painter has played a full season before and he was horrible lol

As a rookie painter played two games one (although some fans dont wanna admit it) blame him for the loss and the other was in horrible weather with garbage players against starters.... After that you start hearing ppl saying painter sucked and all that nonsense, the reason why you are seeing so many ppl start calling for painter to come in is because they saw what he could do in the packers game with actual starters and a good a gameplan, the man will perform better than what most ppl believe because he is not even close to being a bad QB.

Painter looked extremely good on the TD drive last week - his throws were dead on accurate. Given a legit opportunity whats to say that he couldnt do that ~60% of the time? IMO the perfect throws on that drive were plenty to show me that he can make a wide variety of passes ... all those fumbles in preseason games - I place just us much blame on the OL for not protecting as I do him for not getting rid of it - THATS experience thats NOT talent alone.

Painter looked extremely good on the TD drive last week - his throws were dead on accurate. Given a legit opportunity whats to say that he couldnt do that ~60% of the time? IMO the perfect throws on that drive were plenty to show me that he can make a wide variety of passes ... all those fumbles in preseason games - I place just us much blame on the OL for not protecting as I do him for not getting rid of it - THATS experience thats NOT talent alone.

Plus previously - even during the regular season - he was playing behind and passing to scrubs. Don't forget the Colts wide receiver injuries in the preseason. I always saw talent, and now I see maturity and comfort. And it should only get better.

There comes a point where the bad outweighs the good. In August, we were WAAAAAAY past that point with Painter. The idea of starting Painter here, or anywhere was downright offensive to most. One decent pre-season game, and one decent drive later, he's being looked to as some kind of savior.

If Painter goes out and lays an egg Monday night, like the vast majority of his career has been, and we give him another mulligan, when does it stop?

Doesn't a positive trend mean anything to you? What relevance are foolish mistakes made in the past when all evidence suggests that he is developing before our eyes. A mulligan suggests that he has been given an opportunity and failed. The two games you mention are the ONLY ones in which he has played with the first team - so what opportunities exactly are you referring to? Being thrown to the wolves against the Jets? Playing in a blizzard in Buffalo? Waiting for Taz Smith and Joe Horn to get open in preseason while playing behind lineman whose names we've already forgotten? Give the kid a break. THIS is his first chance. Sit back and enjoy the positives, and prepare yourself to be forgiving about the growing pains. If you recall, amongst Peytons records is throwing more interceptions than any rookie in the history of the game as well. Were you screaming for him to be waived back then?

I would want the team to do what is best for the team. Who do the coaches think gives us the best chance to win each Sunday? Is it Painter who has a quicker release and knows the playbook better or is it Collins who has the experience? Whether or not he has more time at the end of the year is based on if we get the first overall pick and can take Luck.

It's going to get real ugly if Painter doesnt perform well tonight. As fast as Colts fans welcomed the idea of getting rid of Collins so will they do to Painter if he doesnt perform tonight. I just hope he embraces this chance and leads us to a much needed victory because if he doesnt play well this could be a huge blow to his already crushed ego. :Nuke: