Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A. Q. Shipley traded

Marcio James

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he had potential....hope it's not for just a 7th rounder ..

Conditional, so if he doesn't make the team we may not get anything. I would imagine the most we would get for him is a 6th round pick.

Why couldn't they trade Satele?

Ravens probably didn't want to pay Satele's salary, which is much higher then Shipley's.  I still don't understand dumping Shipley for a conditional pick though.  If he doesn't meet the conditions then they gave him away for free.  

They traded him for a CONDITIONAL pick?  What are the conditions?  

You realize if he doesn't meet the conditions they we essentially gave him away. . . for free.

That's possible but not necessarily true.  It could be, just for example, a 5th round pick if he meets X criteria, but a 6th round pick if he doesn't meet that criteria.  

Not surprising by any means. We knew that one of them had to go. A.Q. played decent and I wish him the best. Looks like Holmes is the man, unless Satele show vast improvement this year. I'm looking forward to watching these two in camp.

Ravens probably didn't want to pay Satele's salary, which is much higher then Shipley's.  I still don't understand dumping Shipley for a conditional pick though.  If he doesn't meet the conditions then they gave him away for free.  

Think you are looking at this all wrong.  With the trade it becomes clear he did not fit in the Colts plans, in other words, he was likely going to be cut anyway.  That is giving away something for nothing.  Not sure of the terms of the trade, but my guess is that the Colts will get something back regardless if he makes the Ravens roster or not.

I was just :sleepy: , then  O.o , saw this thread :oops: and... -omg-... :omg: ,.. :flaming::ticked::bomb: :cuss: :censored2::censored: :cuss:  What happen to his ... :rulez: ...i tried to post all of the emoticons that expressed my feelings, but obviously i went too far. I feel like :puke: right now...This was a bad move. Satelle probably doesn't have as much value a Shipley, so maybe that's why Grigson did it...we'll find out soon enough....

Oh well, the man deserves to start somewhere. Satele is making a lot of money and I think they drafted Holmes with the mindset that he'd be the man going forward. This only furthers that logic. If you can get something for someone who was probably going to get cut regardless...I'm fine with it. Happy for A.Q. He should be in contention to start in Baltimore.

Think you are looking at this all wrong.  With the trade it becomes clear he did not fit in the Colts plans, in other words, he was likely going to be cut anyway.  That is giving away something for nothing.  Not sure of the terms of the trade, but my guess is that the Colts will get something back regardless if he makes the Ravens roster or not.

I would just think they would want to see what Holmes has in training camp before they ship out Shipley.    But I suppose Grigs had to move on the trade quick or the Raven's might have looked elsewhere.  

we only got a conditional pick in 2014 for shipley

Don't get me wrong I like Shipley but a center without a consistent shotgun hike is a poor center. I read a surprising article that stated Satele last year was better at run block and Shipley was better at pass blocking. Satele was also hurt and had poor inside blockers.

Don't get me wrong I like Shipley but a center without a consistent shotgun hike is a poor center. I read a surprising article that stated Satele last year was better at run block and Shipley was better at pass blocking. Satele was also hurt and had poor inside blockers.

Poor inside blockers? They both had poor inside blockers

Holmes was gonna start over A.Q and Satele and we couldn't keep 3 centers on the roster. Satele had no value atleast we got a pick for A.Q  instead of cutting one of them and not getting anything for it.

just curious where you got that fact?? because the way i see it is, there is no guaranteed starter for center on this team and that spot is up for grabs.