Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 moves the Colts can still make to get even better....not too late.

Ahmad Bradshaw and Karlos Dansby are still available and could be had for bargain prices so why not???? Dansby is a solid linebacker still and has a few more years of tread on the tires as does Bradshaw at RB....If we don't make a move the Steelers are gonna sign Bradshaw so we need to try and sign him to solidify our RB corps and at the same time prevent Pittsburgh from doing it...

They switched to a 4-3 in 2012 and Dansby wasn't as productive, but he was very productive in the 3-4 until that point..

But i'm not sure about this in terms of his productivity...Dansby had like a million tackles last year

But i'm not sure about this in terms of his productivity...Dansby had like a million tackles last year

Yeah , your right...I thought he had a down year, but was wrong,  I didn't follow the Dolphins much...Looks like the Cardinals and Bills are both after him though...

Bradshaw is still on the market?  Depending on price we should look into signing him, he's a lot better then any other back we currently have on the roster and still has at least a couple of years in the tank.

If I'm not mistaken he's a legit 3 down back.  Luck could really use a guy like him lining up behind him.  

The problem with getting Dansby would be that we have to very capable starters at MLB and a good backup with Freeman, Angerer, and Connor.  I don't know where he would fit in with that rotation and none of them fit really well at the OLB position.  I mean yes Dansby is probably better than all 3 of them, but I don't think it warrants us getting him as he is getting on the wrong side of 30.

Ahmad Bradshaw I wouldn't mind hes fairly young and is a 3 down back.  I'm not sure how he is in pass protection, but he is a weapon that Andrew Luck would love to have and would definitely help him in his 2nd year.  I really wish we would had picked up Johnathan Franklin out of UCLA. :(

The problem with getting Dansby would be that we have to very capable starters at MLB and a good backup with Freeman, Angerer, and Connor.  I don't know where he would fit in with that rotation and none of them fit really well at the OLB position.  I mean yes Dansby is probably better than all 3 of them, but I don't think it warrants us getting him as he is getting on the wrong side of 30.

Ahmad Bradshaw I wouldn't mind hes fairly young and is a 3 down back.  I'm not sure how he is in pass protection, but he is a weapon that Andrew Luck would love to have and would definitely help him in his 2nd year.  I really wish we would had picked up Johnathan Franklin out of UCLA. :(

Bradshaw is excellent in pass protection... injury concerns have me wondering if he will provide what we'd expect in the pass and run game, but when healthy Bradshaw is a prototypical third down back with very good blocking skills...I would not mind at all if we signed Bradshaw to a "show me" deal and went into the preseason minus Delone Carter (who is probably better between the tackles, but had fumble problems, can't block well, and doesn't catch passes out of the backfield). Low risk if the price is right, IMO

I want Charles Woodson.

Me too...I got bashed on here for saying that, I personally think he has a good 2-3 years left and was hurt last year a lot, would be a great nickel back and backup safety, not to mention the leadership he brings to the table...If you look at the really successful teams they have those few proven vets that bring it all together...

Ballard and Bradshaw would be better than Ballard and Brown imo. Would love him to sign with us only if it's not too much. How much cap space do we have left?

I think around 3 million after we sign our picks..We could get some more space though after training camp cuts, so it's feasible to get him..

Too late on one of them.......

Dansby has signed with Arizona.....

You're down to Bradshaw....

Bradshaw would help the most, we are good at lber, but i figured Dansby would be an upgrade...I thought Arians would grab him though..He is building a Steeler like team in Arizona very fast..

I guess this is really just a question of what kind of deal Bradshaw wants.

If the dude wants a long term contract or wants more then say 1.5 to 2 million, it's probably not a wise decision to sign him.

But if he would take a prove it deal on a 1 year contract, we should sign him.  

Why do we need a new running back? don't you think Ballard has earned the chance to see what he can do behind a better O-line!

Yes Ballard has, it's what's behind Ballard that concerns me...He could get hurt as well, then what?? Donald Brown??? No thanks...I've seen that movie enough...

Bradshaw is still on the market?  Depending on price we should look into signing him, he's a lot better then any other back we currently have on the roster and still has at least a couple of years in the tank.

If I'm not mistaken he's a legit 3 down back.  Luck could really use a guy like him lining up behind him.  

Bradshaw has a CHRONIC foot issue...  he is not a good bet at RB.    He cannot practice through the season. 

He is a good player but at this point in time Brown and Ballard are superior players.    

Wait wait! here I got a GREAT idea! Lets get Barry Sanders out of retirement and stick him at LG....and then Ladanian Tomlinson and stick him at Center and then to top it all off lets bring Edge James out of retirement to play RG THEN we will really be able to run the ball, dear god then we would be the dream team!

• 3 weeks later...

Wait wait! here I got a GREAT idea! Lets get Barry Sanders out of retirement and stick him at LG....and then Ladanian Tomlinson and stick him at Center and then to top it all off lets bring Edge James out of retirement to play RG THEN we will really be able to run the ball, dear god then we would be the dream team!

both guards have been adressed, the oline will be much better than last year

I agree it will be better, It would hard for it not to be, How much better remains to be seen

There is still room for improvement on the line. It will definitely be better, but I still think quality depth is of major concern.

• 2 weeks later...

Props to Jshipp on the Bradshaw call.......

If we can give you the business when you're crazy,  then we can also give you credit when it's due....  and it is in this case!

Well done!!      :thmup:

Appreciated NCF, I'd be the first to give you credit as well....

good call Jshipp. I was thinking this whole time how cool it would be to sign him... I just didn't think it would happen so I kept my mouth shut.

I was drafting him in mock leagues as a sleeper... that ship has now sailed far far away. I think he will be a round 6-7 ADP running back in most fantasy leagues. Still a little bit of sleeper appeal there but, not by much.