Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McShay's First Big Board for 2014 (Plus 10 more)

Jordan Matthews-WR

Aaron Colvin-CB

Sammie Watkins-WR

Cody Hoffman-WR

Jared Abbrederis-WR

David Yanke-G

Jordan Kohout-DT

Carrington Byndom-CB

Chris Borland-ILB

Jadeveon Clowney-4-3 DE/3-4 OLB

Stansly Maponga-OLB

Kyle Van Noy-4-3 DE/3-4 OLB

Stephon Tuitt-3-4 DE/DT

Are just a few of the players I will have my eye on throughout the season that will go in various rounds

I am going to start looking at some sleepers.  I like the small school guys....nice list to watch by the way!

Who did Mccaron play with besides the best O Line in football and a good but largely overrated by some RB, Who did Mccaron have to throw to? Deandre White? Kenny Bell? Nick Williams? Kevin Norwood was alright but did not do anything special, Marvin Shinn? Who did Fales play against outside of Stanford last year? Also Fales has only been good for 1 year

Amari cooper?

If Mccaron were any good he would have came out this year.

I remember last year Mel Kiper had placed Logan Thomas (who I saw a few days ago!) as the number 2 prospect OVERALL for 2013 behind Matt Barkley. 

Saying Mccaron is not any good because he did not come out this year is like saying Peyton Manning was not any good because he decided to go 4 years to Tennessee, It dont make any sense

If Mccaron were any good he would have came out this year.

I remember last year Mel Kiper had placed Logan Thomas (who I saw a few days ago!) as the number 2 prospect OVERALL for 2013 behind Matt Barkley. 

Luck also went back for another year at Stanford (the year Cam Newton was #1) and Luck would've gone #1 overall had he come out.    But he went back.

McCarron is what he is.    I always think it's a good idea for a QB to go back to school for more seasoning.   Quarterback is the one spot where starting more games in college is better than coming out early. 

I realize it doesn't always work out that way (Leinart and Barkley are the two best examples)  but more times than not,  returning to school helps a QB,  it doesn't hurt.   Luck and Manning are the two best examples of the benefits of staying in school.

This is going to be a star studded draft of playmakers but with just one good QB in Bridgewater. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded up into the top 5 with Cle or Oak to get Marquise Lee.

Things have a way of changing over the course of a year... Lee might be available where we pick (probably in the 20's) and many might think he is a reach in the first.

Last year around this time it was thought that R.Woods was a lock to be a top 5 pick and the same exact propositions were popping up on the forum about us trying to get him, even if it meant trading into the top 5... not many thought we would be picking 24th, but most would have been upset if we would have picked Woods at #24... He was a consensus top 10 or 5 in April 2012 and a consensus 2nd rounder a year later without any significant injury or bad play, just sharing targets....

If Lee is there where we pick, we should probably take him, even if his stats dip this season due to QB change or scheme change, what have you... For all we know he will be the 5th or 6th raked receiver or worse by then, but I've seen enough to know a baller when I see one... Of course, I would not have cried if we would have taken Woods with #24 this draft... which might make me a homer

Things have a way of changing over the course of a year... Lee might be available where we pick (probably in the 20's) and many might think he is a reach in the first.

Last year around this time it was thought that R.Woods was a lock to be a top 5 pick and the same exact propositions were popping up on the forum about us trying to get him, even if it meant trading into the top 5... not many thought we would be picking 24th, but most would have been upset if we would have picked Woods at #24... He was a consensus top 10 or 5 in April 2012 and a consensus 2nd rounder a year later without any significant injury or bad play, just sharing targets....

If Lee is there where we pick, we should probably take him, even if his stats dip this season due to QB change or scheme change, what have you... For all we know he will be the 5th or 6th raked receiver or worse by then, but I've seen enough to know a baller when I see one... Of course, I would not have cried if we would have taken Woods with #24 this draft... which might make me a homer

Woods suffered an ankle injury  that lingered plus a shoulder injury and elbow