Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts.com Articles: See the Bert Jones Article Below

BrentMc11

Good morning!  I wanted to take a moment to say a little something concerning the Colts.com articles posted in the Colts.com News section of the Forum.  Everday we have articles posted over there with some pretty good news on there.  There was a time before the forum change that we had hundreds/thousands of posters on THAT site.

I see a lot of times someone will post something from that forum in the Colts General section.  I personally think we should start commenting more in the space provided under each article.  You need to edit if you want to use emoticons, but you do not have to use them...I just like them in case you all could not tell.  :funny:

Craig Kelley and Kevin Bowen do a great job of writing these articles, and I think fans are missing out if they are not reading some of the good info as well as the great videos. :thmup:

I met two of my best Colts friends on Colts.com Southwest1 and lollygagger8.  We had some of the best fun ever commenting on the articles as well as the Polian Corner (I must say we were pretty rough over there/thank goodness for our moderators :)) (Never thought you would hear ME say that did you Nadine?) :)

Here is an example of what we are missing on Colts.com, and it is 3 down from my post right now.....  I LOVE the video!!  Bob Lamey!

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/BERT-JONES-LIKES-ANDREW-LUCK%E2%80%99S-2013-POTENTIAL/3450452a-a974-4c97-ac30-bf88bcc2b0e2

I would love you to join me in commenting more over on that site.  We can debate and have fun, and also give credit to Craig and Kevin for their contributions  We can also debate if right or wrong. GO  :pass:  :pass:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!

Thanks for the great link Brent!

I think we miss too many of these Lolly.  I know some of it is people are so darned busy.  I know how much fun we had on Colts.com, and I hope we can get forum friends over there commenting more.  I for one would hate to not have those to read.  Bert Jones man!!!  Love it!!  :)

Thanks for the kind words, Brent.

I will try and be more active around here and in the bi-weekly chats on Friday. Hopefully we can gain some more readers and more importantly get some great chatter going on the Colts.

Thanks for the reply Kevin.  I have missed out on the chats so far, but have always enjoyed the Colts.com articles.

I know I have fun when I agree and fun when I do not so it make for great debates just like in the forums.  I would love to get the ball rolling on more comments/"chatter.".  The videos like in the Bert Jones Article today are priceless!!!  Thank you for your contributions and efforts!!  Great job. :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:

Thanks for the link Brent! I think we can all agree that Luck is a very fun QB to watch

Thanks BPM.  The video is priceless.  The article was great too!  I would love for you to join me in commenting more on Colts.com.  We can enjoy some good clean debates and fun there too!!!  

Read the article and came here to psot it for the colts general people and see ya beat me to it haha. I am guilty of missing all the chats(I think there has only been one? Not sure haha) and I think not a single post on the actual official site despite I troll that for info and vids as much as I troll here haha.

Read the article and came here to psot it for the colts general people and see ya beat me to it haha. I am guilty of missing all the chats(I think there has only been one? Not sure haha) and I think not a single post on the actual official site despite I troll that for info and vids as much as I troll here haha.

At least you are an equal opportunity troll Kenny!   haha Just kidding of course.  I used to just get on Colts.com and fell in love with it when a lot of people debated there.

I hope we can have more of us debating real news instead of some of our meaningless posts (mine included)  Thanks for the reply...watch out ....troll crossing....:)   :atroll: (lil fella thinks he is cool :))

At least you are an equal opportunity troll Kenny!   haha Just kidding of course.  I used to just get on Colts.com and fell in love with it when a lot of people debated there.

I hope we can have more of us debating real news instead of some of our meaningless posts (mine included)  Thanks for the reply...watch out ....troll crossing.... :)   :atroll: (lil fella thinks he is cool :))

Lol I was hated when it came to debate in highschool because of my reasoning. I'm more of a realist and play the middle versus one side or the other. Worked then, but then again it was only a senior English class haha.

I agree with Bert's assessment of Luck. Bert Jones was a heckuva quarterback for the Baltimore Colts. Those three division winning seasons in 75, 76, and 77 were unbelievable. Injuries and ill-management robbed Jones of an even more prolific career than he had. A very good quarterback, and always glad to hear from the Ruston Rifle !!!

Lol I was hated when it came to debate in highschool because of my reasoning. I'm more of a realist and play the middle versus one side or the other. Worked then, but then again it was only a senior English class haha.

Good stuff Kenny!  I had to have a little old fashioned fun!!  :)

Excellent read, especially for those that remember Bert Jones and how he played the game. I often have said if you didn't see Bert Jones play, think of Brett Favre with a Joe Montana head for the game, and John Elway legs.

I was a huge fan even though I have always lived in the Indy Area.....none tougher than Bert Jones :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:

I agree with Bert's assessment of Luck. Bert Jones was a heckuva quarterback for the Baltimore Colts. Those three division winning seasons in 75, 76, and 77 were unbelievable. Injuries and ill-management robbed Jones of an even more prolific career than he had. A very good quarterback, and always glad to hear from the Ruston Rifle !!!

LIKE!

Might know I hit my quota of likes in my own thread!!!  I saw Bet Jones's name in the heading and got excited to read the article!  I agree with the injury aspect shortened an already prolific career.  Your not saying Bob Irsay ever mismanaged are ya Old Crow?  :)

Good morning! I wanted to take a moment to say a little something concerning the Colts.com articles posted in the Colts.com News section of the Forum. Everday we have articles posted over there with some pretty good news on there. There was a time before the forum change that we had hundreds/thousands of posters on THAT site.

I see a lot of times someone will post something from that forum in the Colts General section. I personally think we should start commenting more in the space provided under each article. You need to edit if you want to use emoticons, but you do not have to use them...I just like them in case you all could not tell. :funny:

Craig Kelley and Kevin Bowen do a great job of writing these articles, and I think fans are missing out if they are not reading some of the good info as well as the great videos. :thmup:

I met two of my best Colts friends on Colts.com Southwest1 and lollygagger8. We had some of the best fun ever commenting on the articles as well as the Polian Corner (I must say we were pretty rough over there/thank goodness for our moderators :)) (Never thought you would hear ME say that did you Nadine?) :)

Here is an example of what we are missing on Colts.com, and it is 3 down from my post right now..... I LOVE the video!! Bob Lamey!

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/BERT-JONES-LIKES-ANDREW-LUCK%E2%80%99S-2013-POTENTIAL/3450452a-a974-4c97-ac30-bf88bcc2b0e2

I would love you to join me in commenting more over on that site. We can debate and have fun, and also give credit to Craig and Kevin for their contributions We can also debate if right or wrong. GO :pass: :pass: :coltshelmet::coltshelmet::coltslogo::coltslogo::colts::colts: !!!!

Thanks Brent for the generous words on my behalf & Lollygager too for accepting me into the Colts.com fold. Maybe that's why I miss the Polian Corner so much & what Ryan Grigson to return to it. I have fond memories of meeting my 1st forum friends on here: Brent, Lollygager, Gramz, MAC, Barry, CM51, Kayla Daniels, HCF, MCF,...The list goes on & on. It's a treat to be surrounded by such nice moderators & people too. Thank you All! :worthy:

Great point about Bob Lamey too! I love his voice & play by play analysis on Sirus XM Satellite Radio.

The great thing about an online NFL site like this is that once people get to know you; You feel relaxed, cut loose, & let the fun begin. I value learning about Gramz's grandkids, MAC locking his keys in his truck, [Okay, MAC probably didn't find that experience too pleasant.] CM51 painting a blue horseshoe in his pool, MCF telling me about her girls soccer victories, HCF telling me about his Colts Guiness victory ritual, Cs4's awesome bass playing, TK85's apple juice preference, & people putting up with my soft spots for all things percussion related & red headed ladies...HA! HA! 

The stories, exchanges, & fun interactions with my friends that's what I remember most...Team loyalties don't really matter [i have my Texans & Patriot fans on here too.]...Just be comfortable in your own skin...

The great thing about an online NFL site like this is that once people get to know you; You feel relaxed, cut loose, & let the fun begin. I value learning about Gramz's grandkids, MAC locking his keys in his truck, [Okay, MAC probably didn't find that experience too pleasant.] CM51 painting a blue horseshoe in his pool, MCF telling me about her girls soccer victories, HCF telling me about his Colts Guiness victory ritual, Cs4's awesome bass playing, TK85's apple juice preference, & people putting up with my soft spots for all things percussion related & red headed ladies...HA! HA! 

The stories, exchanges, & fun interactions with my friends that's what I remember most...Team loyalties don't really matter [i have my Texans & Patriot fans on here too.]...Just be comfortable in your own skin...

My truck had to be towed two days in a row last week, and it's still in the shop. Locking the keys inside is looking like a highpoint about now. :)

If I forgot to list any friend by name, I apologize. It's like forgetting to thank your wife or mother at the Oscars when they call your name. You won't remember everybody & someone's gonna hold a grudge & be upset that they were never mentioned. Sigh...I should know better than that should I? Oh well, as my father always says "The road to Hades is paved with good intentions" right. LOL! 

My truck had to be towed two days in a row last week, and it's still in the shop. Locking the keys inside is looking like a highpoint about now. :)

Oh no! Sorry MAC. I hope the repair bill isn't too high. Trucks are hard things to let go of too, especially if they have sentimental value or are an occupational necessity. Breakdowns are the worst. Good luck getting back on the road soon my friend. 

How come no one ever wins the lottery or gets an unexpected inheritance when they really need it eh? Hang in there MAC. 

Oh no! Sorry MAC. I hope the repair bill isn't too high. Trucks are hard things to let go of too, especially if they have sentimental value or are an occupational necessity. Breakdowns are the worst. Good luck getting back on the road soon my friend. 

How come no one ever wins the lottery or gets an unexpected inheritance when they really need it eh? Hang in there MAC. 

Thanks SW.  Not a work truck, but  no intention of getting rid of her (he, it) anytime soon. Not much fun though.

Can't think of anyone left to inherit from, and without the truck I can't go buy lottery tickets, so not expecting much relief on those fronts. :P

HCF, MCF, MAC, SusieQ and  and my buddy Coltman51 Iand numerous others) became friends on THIS site...the only reason I did not mention before....all my friends are awesome!!!!  I will have to think up more memories...SW grabbed a couple f my same ones):)

I am glad it is a truck and not you MAC!!!!   I got towed in last week and spent 7 days in the 'garage...'  Not looking forward to that tuneup bill :)

The ceiling is definitely high for Mr. Luck. I think he'll be the most improved QB this year from last year's rookie class.

The Dolphins OC thinks Tannehill will be most improved though so we'll see what happens

I am with YOU TK......I raise my glass of apple juice to you young man!!!!

apple-juice-featured.jpg

I am glad it is a truck and not you MAC!!!!   I got towed in last week and spent 7 days in the 'garage...'  Not looking forward to that tuneup bill :)

I hear you Brent. I hope you are feeling better.

Good morning!  I wanted to take a moment to say a little something concerning the Colts.com articles posted in the Colts.com News section of the Forum.  Everday we have articles posted over there with some pretty good news on there.  There was a time before the forum change that we had hundreds/thousands of posters on THAT site.

I see a lot of times someone will post something from that forum in the Colts General section.  I personally think we should start commenting more in the space provided under each article.  You need to edit if you want to use emoticons, but you do not have to use them...I just like them in case you all could not tell.  :funny:

I met two of my best Colts friends on Colts.com Southwest1 and lollygagger8.  We had some of the best fun ever commenting on the articles as well as the Polian Corner (I must say we were pretty rough over there/thank goodness for our moderators :)) (Never thought you would hear ME say that did you Nadine?) :)

Here is an example of what we are missing on Colts.com, and it is 3 down from my post right now.....  I LOVE the video!!  Bob Lamey!

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/BERT-JONES-LIKES-ANDREW-LUCK’S-2013-POTENTIAL/3450452a-a974-4c97-ac30-bf88bcc2b0e2

I would love you to join me in commenting more over on that site.  We can debate and have fun, and also give credit to Craig and Kevin for their contributions  We can also debate if right or wrong. GO  :pass:  :pass:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!

If hes good enough for one of my favorites Bert Jones ,hes good enough for me not that he wasn't already rotflmao

I would have put Jay Kirk, Gramz, 100GFB, Colts7 and Bayone here, but we did not meet until Colts Direct.  I do not think I missed anyone.   :)  If so...chime in!!!

That's because that's when I got some where ,so I could actually get internet,wouldve found you all sooner if it had not been for that.Glad I did though have met some good friends on here :thmup:

That's because that's when I got some where ,so I could actually get internet,wouldve found you all sooner if it had not been for that.Glad I did though have met some good friends on here :thmup:

And some family members Brother!!!  :)

Thanks!! SW1!!! Here's my gift too you bro!! Read on after!!

Drummer%20jokes-640-80.jpg

Also our band is starting back up this Thursday night so maybe you will get to see in the next video maybe the Band with some

songs!! This Thursdays lineup of songs some Pink Floyd, Doobie Brothers, Chicago, Grand Funk Railroad!! This is what we

do (oldies like this) and of course our Sultans of swing song!! And working on some Originals!!! OH!!! Yea!!! And to my friends

also you know who you are!!!  Read on after this video SWI I'm not finished with you yet!!! Heee!!Heee!!! This is not the song were doing I just found it funny!! Kind of reminds me of us???????????????????

I'm sorry it had to come to this SW1, But what are friends for right??!!

The 23 best drummer jokes ever

As every musician knows, to have a great band you need a great drummer.

It's true. Try to imagine The Beatles without Ringo Starr. Or The Rolling Stones without Charlie Watts. The Police without Stewart Copeland. Metallica without Lars Ulrich. Rush without Neil Peart. Unthinkable, right?

Even so, drummer jokes abound. But we're going to let you in on a little secret: We drummers love the jokes. We trade them and e-mail them to one another. The more the merrier. And so, with that in mind, MusicRadar has compiled the 23 best drummer jokes of all time.

Why 23 you ask? What, you expect us to actually count to a normal number?

How do you tell if the stage is level?

The drummer is drooling from both sides of his mouth.

How can you tell a drummer's at the door?

The knocking speeds up.

What's the last thing a drummer says in a band?

"Hey, how about we try one of my songs?"

An Indian chief and a cavalry captain climb to the top of a tall hill and look out upon the entire Indian tribe. The captain says worriedly, "I don't like the sound of those drums." The chief says, "I know. It's not our regular drummer."

What do you call a drummer that breaks up with his girlfriend?

Homeless.

What do Ginger Baker and black coffee have in common?

They both suck without Cream.

How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?

Five: One to screw the bulb in, and four to talk about how much better

Neil Peart could've done it.

An amateur drummer died and went to heaven. He was waiting outside the pearly gates when he heard the most incredible fast and furious drumming coming from within. Immediately he recognized the playing and rushed to ask St. Peter if that was Buddy Rich playing drums inside the gates. St. Peter responded: "No, that's God. He just thinks he's Buddy Rich."

How do you get a drummer off of your porch?

Pay him 10 bucks for the pizza.

Why didn't the Little Drummer Boy get into heaven?

Because he woke up the baby, for Christ's sake!

What do you call a drummer with half a brain?

Gifted.

What does a drummer use for contraception?

His personality.

What do you say to a drummer in a three-piece suit?

"Will the defendant please rise?"

"Hey buddy, how late does the band play?"

"Oh, about half a beat behind the drummer."

Hey, did you hear about the drummer who finished high school?

Me neither.

Why do guitarists put drumsticks on the dash of their car?

So they can park in the handicapped spot.

How is a drum solo like a sneeze?

You know it's coming, but there's nothing you can do about it.

What's the first thing a drummer says when he moves to LA?

"Would you like fries with that, sir?

What is the difference between a drummer and a savings bond?

One will mature and make money.

Why do drummers have lots of kids?

They're not too good at the Rhythm Method.

What do you do if you accidentally run over a drummer?

Back up.

What did the drummer say to the band leader?

"Do you want me to play too fast or too slow?"

Deep in the African jungle, a safari was camped for the night. In the darkness, distant drums began a relentless throbbing that continued until dawn. The safari members were disturbed, but the guide reassured them: "Drums good. When drums stop, very bad." Every night the drumming continued, and every night the guide reiterated, "Drums good. When drums stop, VERY bad." This continues for several days until one morning the drumming suddenly stops and all the natives panic and run screaming. The man asks the guide what's the matter? The guide looking very frightened says: "When drums stop, VERY, VERY bad," he said. "Why is it bad?" asked a member of the safari. "Because when drums stop, bass solo begin!"

Coltsince4/Line6bassman

LIKE!

Might know I hit my quota of likes in my own thread!!!  I saw Bet Jones's name in the heading and got excited to read the article!  I agree with the injury aspect shortened an already prolific career.  Your not saying Bob Irsay ever mismanaged are ya Old Crow?   :)

Well , he did trade Rodger Carr because he didn't want to pay him, but I wasn't going to bring that up directly. I have a nice Bert Jones 8 x 10 autographed photo in my vast collection. A great guy, and a great quarterback. I saw Luck in Baltimore in the playoff game, and really liked what I saw. The kid handles himself well, and has alot of poise. I would be excited for next year for the Colt's fans.

Well , he did trade Rodger Carr because he didn't want to pay him, but I wasn't going to bring that up directly. I have a nice Bert Jones 8 x 10 autographed photo in my vast collection. A great guy, and a great quarterback. I saw Luck in Baltimore in the playoff game, and really liked what I saw. The kid handles himself well, and has alot of poise. I would be excited for next year for the Colt's fans.

I loved Carr and Lydell Mitchell...one of my favorites was waterbug Joe Washington.  To me he was as exciting as it gets...kind of like Darren Sproles.  I may look and compare stats.  Thanks for the post.

Washington retired with 4,839 rushing yards and 3,413 receiving yards and 30 touchdowns in his career(via Google)

I loved Carr and Lydell Mitchell...one of my favorites was waterbug Joe Washington.  To me he was as exciting as it gets...kind of like Darren Sproles.  I may look and compare stats.  Thanks for the post.

Washington retired with 4,839 rushing yards and 3,413 receiving yards and 30 touchdowns in his career(via Google)

We had some great players during that time frame. You also had the Sack Pack, John Dutton, Mike Barnes, Fred Cook, and Joe Ehrmann. I was at the 1975 Miami game when they fog rolled into Memorial stadium and we won that game 10-7. Some great times when we won the division in 75, 76, and 77. In 1978 Jones got injured, and the Colts went 5-11. Sounds like the season the Indy Colts had after Peyton got injured and they went 2-14. Same sort of thing. Irsay continually had contract disputes with Rodger Carr, John Dutton, and others, which caused one-sided trades against the Colts, and for the benefit of teams like the Cowboys, who got Dutton. Unfortunately, the Colts continued to go downhill after that, leading in 1983 to the Elway debacle. In addition to only getting a #1 for Elway, Chris Hinton, and a back-up QB Mark Herman, Irsay said, " Denver pre-season games are one of the richest games you can get, $450,000 to $500,000 is what they paid us. " Unfortunately at that time, Irsay was more interested in turning a profit, than winning. After 1977 , it was pretty much downhill for the Baltimore Colts. But as you said, some great memories with Lydell Mitchell, Bert Jones, Rodger Carr, the Sack Pack, and Joe Washington too.

We had some great players during that time frame. You also had the Sack Pack, John Dutton, Mike Barnes, Fred Cook, and Joe Ehrmann. I was at the 1975 Miami game when they fog rolled into Memorial stadium and we won that game 10-7. Some great times when we won the division in 75, 76, and 77. In 1978 Jones got injured, and the Colts went 5-11. Sounds like the season the Indy Colts had after Peyton got injured and they went 2-14. Same sort of thing. Irsay continually had contract disputes with Rodger Carr, John Dutton, and others, which caused one-sided trades against the Colts, and for the benefit of teams like the Cowboys, who got Dutton. Unfortunately, the Colts continued to go downhill after that, leading in 1983 to the Elway debacle. In addition to only getting a #1 for Elway, Chris Hinton, and a back-up QB Mark Herman, Irsay said, " Denver pre-season games are one of the richest games you can get, $450,000 to $500,000 is what they paid us. " Unfortunately at that time, Irsay was more interested in turning a profit, than winning. After 1977 , it was pretty much downhill for the Baltimore Colts. But as you said, some great memories with Lydell Mitchell, Bert Jones, Rodger Carr, the Sack Pack, and Joe Washington too.

I don't recall Washington coming in until after things started falling apart. More of a symptom of the problems than a happy memory for me.

How about Ray Chester, Glenn Doughty, and a pretty good oline.  Stan White and his midget "replacement" Ed Simonini. Loved Bruce Laird and others. Always felt like a quality D, just not good enough to go all the way - much like the recent Colts.