Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookies?

The rookies dont get to start practicing till Rookie Traning camp right?

Correct. The minicamp begins with a two-hour practice starting at 1:10 p.m. on Friday and then another two-hour pactice at 1:10 on Saturday. Sunday's practice is from 10:20-11:45 a.m.

Coach Pagano is scheduled to meet with the media on both Friday and Sunday, with the coordiantors available on Saturday.

Unfortunately - this year - we are going to just have to expect the worst & pray for the best when it comes to injuries. I expect alot but hope to be getting back to as close to full strength as possible by mid-season.

Thats why depth is so important this year - I think training camp is going to be brutal.

Our mantra this year is "Stop The Run". In case you are new - we havent done that in years. Maybe even 10 of them. So this is going to be like a team that is used to losing - the whole culture is going to have to change.

Go listen to players on dominant defenses that stop the run talk about how to stop the run. Yes - teamwork - trust & working hard all play a role - but Ray Lewis makes me feel like its a killer instinct or almost a hatred shared by 11 men towards giving up rushing yards.

I want that - & I think we will get to that - but that is a process that unfortunately requires a very physical weeding out process. I think this is why instead of having the best players we could have drafted or signed as FA - we have football players who can all CONTRIBUTE multiple ways. Now we should have almost all the puzzle pieces - but now we need to see where they fit through intense competition.

I think this is why instead of having the best players we could have drafted or signed as FA - we have football players who can all CONTRIBUTE multiple ways.

nail/head. we got a group of guys who are players. over spent on some or not, thats not the point. we have a fluid set of ppl to trot out play after play and stop momentum. depth. we can buy big names and big play one piece at a time over the next few years or we can get a lot of contributors all at once now... and form the fist.

"as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another..."

nail/head. we got a group of guys who are players. over spent on some or not, thats not the point. we have a fluid set of ppl to trot out play after play and stop momentum. depth. we can buy big names and big play one piece at a time over the next few years or we can get a lot of contributors all at once now... and form the fist.

"as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another..."

Yezzrr - i obviously agree 100%.

The amount of money we spent in FA is irrelevent for 2 main reasons.

1) The new CBA makes teams spend their money because that is how the players wanted it so they can get more of it. We got who we wanted and spent what we had to get them.

2) The money is leveraged towards the future - and prices will always inflate. Overpaying is actually taking into account future contracts at said position. The more you pay now - the less more you have to pay in extensions. 

The cheap owner is dead - or dying. The NFL want to see it on the field in competition. That what builds parity.