Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brackett And Bullitt On Ir!

Zachris

Irsay just tweeted!

ROSTER MOVES: G.Brackett n M.Bullitt have been placed on injured reserve…signed LB A.J. Edds n QB D. Orlovsky

QB M. Hartline n LB C. Campbell have been waived off the practice squad and 2 free agents have been added: WR Jeremy Ross n OL Matt Murphy..

Hate to see both of them end their seasons like this (and possibly their careers as Colts truth be told). That being said, I actually think it is a positive for the defense. The last two games, we have looked much more physical with Angerer in the middle, and, as I've said before, Bullitt is nothing more than a serviceable backup and excellent special teams contributor. In other words, Bullitt shouldn't be the starter unless he is filling in for someone injured, and it is time for Angerer to start playing the position we drafted him to play.

Our pass coverage was already suspect. This strains it even more. Or maybe not, seeing as how Bullitt hasn't really done anything aside from grab a poorly thrown ball in the opener. He's been out of position frequently, so I don't know how that changes with Lefeged and Caldwell sharing his spot. I think Lefeged is faster and bigger, tackles better, and has the potential to be a really good player. He was highly rated before the draft, and dropped inexplicably. I've said before, he was my favorite preseason player.

Brackett's injury hurts, definitely. I've been critical of the corps play against the pass. Maybe this lends to more aggressive playcalling like what we saw on Sunday against Pittsburgh, but I'd still much rather have Brackett on the field on passing downs. Either way, this is why his contract is structured the way it is. He'll make $12-15 million between last season and this one for fourteen games played, and we'll probably either release him or restructure after this year. I'd rather have him than not, but I was expecting a three year, $15 million deal anyways. He got substantially more than that, but front-loaded and workable in years 3-5. We'll be exploring options with him, I'm sure.

Something tells me Bllitt's career has been cut short by his injury.

Brackett is a legitimate surprise. His inury looked, at worst, like a dislocated shoulder. I think this may be the end of Brackett as a Colt. Angerer is ready for that spot.

We signed Matt Murphy to the PS? Wouldn't be Matt "Guitar" Murphy, would it? :disco: With Irsay, you just never know...

Hate to see both of them end their seasons like this (and possibly their careers as Colts truth be told). That being said, I actually think it is a positive for the defense. The last two games, we have looked much more physical with Angerer in the middle, and, as I've said before, Bullitt is nothing more than a serviceable backup and excellent special teams contributor. In other words, Bullitt shouldn't be the starter unless he is filling in for someone injured, and it is time for Angerer to start playing the position we drafted him to play.

You may be correct, but it could be bad from a depth point-of-view. I like Angerer; let's pray he stays healthy. I hate it when you have to go to Walmart to pick up starters. Of course, Kurt Warner was bagging groceries, I think. So, who knows.

Although I am sure Gary Brackett is a great guy and teammate. Ive always said he was the weak link on the defense.

I will give him credit for quite a few big plays over the years. But he was a liability as our MLB, especially against runs up the middle. I would specifically watch for Brackett during games, and I noticed how he often would go in the wrong direction and actually run away from the ball carrier. Or he would just lock on to a blocker and get pushed out of the play. Time after time, when the Colts would make a tackle, and the players would unpile, Brackett would be nowhere to be found. Then he would usually come walking into my TV picture, with his hands on hips.

I know many will disagree but... I will not miss Gary. And expect our defense to improve without.

So we put two starters who most likley would be back but we dont put manning on

Because Manning equals instant wins, pretty much, if he does in fact stand a chance at playing this year. If he's not going to play this year, which I thought was probable after find out out his surgery was a fusion, a slow feed to the faithful isn't a stretch to believe. He's the franchise. Besides, QB has less depth on the team than any other position including LB and S. Clearly, with Brackett and Bullitt requiring surgeries, the Colts are more apt to be in exploratory mode this year. That's a good thing because we have good talent at LB and need the pecking order sorted out on the field. Need to look at the safeties we have because I'm pretty sure we've seen the last of Bullitt even though he just signed a new deal. Prior to Bullitt's re-signing I thought he derserved it only if reasonably priced and it now appears there's no such number.

We might be the worst team in the league after this season with all these injuries.

But hope this will mean that we will draft Andrew Luck with the 1st draft pick so Manning can learn his replacement some dirty tricks..:-)

Did you watch the steelers game? brackett nor bullit was in that game and id say the defense did great.