Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sb41champs

Question of the Day - 05/02

The Colts front office has been extremely active this off-season in bringing in both veteran and rookie talent !!

Which of the Colts three units do you feel was improved the most:  offense - defense - OR - special teams ??

Offense

Luck may actually be able to throw with accuracy and not get hit all the time now!!! :D

Well the nice thing is that Grigs addressed seemingly ALL areas of need & tried to make the necessary upgrades, so hopefully the run D, the Pass D, the Defensive Secondary, & O Line will all be upgraded...

So I will say Defense, simply because all areas of the D may see an upgrade where as I think the O-Line was the only major area upgraded on the Offensive side of the ball (however the O-Line can seriously upgrade all aspects of the offense)...

Staff has created a lot of competition on the defensive side of the ball and that's the best thing a defense can have is good competition in practice I think we see tons of improvement on that side of the ball.

I believe the offense upgraded a whole lot more than anything else because we got our bookends in castanzo and gosder plus the guard position was addressed with the signing of thomas and the drafting of thorton. wide recievers didn't really improve but i really think that dhb is a big upgrade compared to avery. only time will tell

Just to be different I am going to say special teams. Why you ask? because for the first time in as long as I can recall we will have enough depth on the team that we are not relying on undrafted players in many positions, giving us solid options to put into our special teams. Not to mention drafting Kerwynn Williams has me excited that we actually have a legitamate return threat for kickoffs.

I'm gonna go with defense. This offseason, we completely reshaped our D, especially the front seven. I mean, some of these guys we brought in- RJF, Franklin, Huges, Werner, Toler, Landry- we're getting a pretty formidable Colts D.