Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cheesehead Maker Upset

shecolt

nfl_a_chbillts_600.jpg

Foam cheeseheads are a perfectly acceptable fashion accessory for Green Bay Packers fans, just not for the Grim Reaper -- especially if the angel of death is disparaging cheese in Wisconsin.

The company that makes the distinctive yellow wedges wasn't pleased when it heard that a physicians' group planned to use the headwear in an anti-cheese billboard this week near Lambeau Field, home to the Super Bowl champions. After all, Wisconsin is the nation's leading cheese producer.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7027811/cheesehead-maker-upset-doctors-anti-cheese-use-billboard

What a way to boost the local and state economy. Physicians are just as dumb as our politicians sometimes. Why would anyone think its cute to diss on any American produced product? Why don't they put up billboards dogging the pharmaceutical companies that make all these drugs that most doctors hand out like candy anymore. They're just as unhealthy. Wait, that won't happen, they pad the doctors pockets with greenbacks.

I was originally just going to joke that perhaps they have a rampant problem with Cheese addiction up there - like people breaking into the 7-11 to get a fix of Muenster or something - then I went to the group's website. :omg:

http://www.pcrm.org/media/news/censored-billboard-near-lambeau-warns-of-cheese

"Foods served at Lambeau Field’s eateries are typically loaded with cheese and other high-fat dairy products. Offerings include Hall of Fame Curds, which are deep-fried Wisconsin cheese curds; Cheesehead Beer Cheese Soup, made with cheddar cheese, beer, and then topped with more cheese; and nachos piled with cheddar cheese and sour cream. Americans today eat three times as much cheese as they did in 1970—almost 33 pounds per person in a single year."

So maybe they do have reason to take extraordinary measures - although the Cheesehead symbol seems wildly inappropriate (and has since been blacked out). I thought they were bad in Philly with the Cheesesteaks.

What isn't bad for you now-adays? Really I can't think of much besides broccoli :yuk: and even then it causes you to take an antacid to counteract the side effects and is probably full of pesticide toxins. :slaphead:

I can understand health regulations but this is getting way too carried away imo.

According to "the health authorities in the know" nothing is safe anymore.

Quit overprotecting me and telling me what is for my own good! :catfight:

I will not stand for this. The war on cheese is an unjust war. Cheese is like its own food group, or at least it should be.

My grandmother lived to be 96 years old and ate cheese, red meat, etc...

If you don't sit around on your heiney all day being lazy and fat, you can pretty much eat whatever the heck you want.

I'm a cheese eatin fool. Most people complement their food with cheese, I complement my cheese with food. Example; A hamburger, to me, is just a cheese sandwich with a lil meat on it.

I first realized that I had a problem with cheese when I was caught dipping deep fried mozzarella sticks in processed cheese sauce. I weigh a buck eighty, and people hate that I can eat like that and not gain weight. Perhaps my waistline stays in check, but sometimes I wonder how much of that cheese is sticking to my heart.

I'm a cheese eatin fool. Most people complement their food with cheese, I complement my cheese with food. Example; A hamburger, to me, is just a cheese sandwich with a lil meat on it.

I first realized that I had a problem with cheese when I was caught dipping deep fried mozzarella sticks in processed cheese sauce. I weigh a buck eighty, and people hate that I can eat like that and not gain weight. Perhaps my waistline stays in check, but sometimes I wonder how much of that cheese is sticking to my heart.

:D You mean "sticking to your Havarti" I assume. Incidentally were you a fan of the Muenster's when you were a kid? Preaching to the choir my good man.

I am a vegetarian who relies FAR too much on dairy as my source of protein. (Beats the heck out of beans). So when I'm with other people at a sandwich shop, and they're debating items #1-12. I'm looking at #13 and thinking "should I have American? Provolone? Swiss? American and Provolone? American & Swiss?, Provolone and Swiss?"

Then I get all of them because I can't make up my mind.

Similarly when I walk into a diner I will spend 15 minutes perusing EVERY item on the entire menu - then when the waitress presses me because I've taken too long, 9 times out of 10 it's "ah the heck with it, give me a grilled cheese with tomato and a side of fries". My wife of course thinking "that's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back". :D