Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Prospect Review: Uconn Vs. Buffalo

The only guy I was watching here was Kendall Reyes, DT of UConn.

According to the commentators (so take this for what it's worth), the Buffalo OL averages 320 lbs.

When left 1 on 1, Reyes pretty consistently pushed the blocker backwards. He does show the ability to either disengage from his blocker and make a play or use his hands to keep from getting engaged with the blocker in the first place. Doesn't seem to give full effort for the entire play. On one play he went through the line virtually unblocked but made very little effort to bring the QB down. The QB fairly easily side stepped Reyes and make a throw.

When being double blocked he was able to hold his ground and still move the pocket a little bit. Against the run, he was double blocked and easily got away from the blockers and made the play.

Overall, he was very solid against the run though there were 2 missed tackles he should have made. He was great at getting penetration and shedding blocks. He was able to collapse the pocket but didn't seem to know what to do in order to finish the play on passing downs. I'm sure he could be better with good coaching. I'd give him a chance if someone we valued higher had already been drafted. At this point though I would definitely take Jaye Howard from Florida over Reyes.

One thing to keep in mind is this game was against Buffalo, not exactly top quality competition. Hopefully I can catch more games as the season goes on so I can see how he does against a higher quality team.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don't think the games under 250 will be due to any lack of skill on Ryan's part.    I believe certain teams matchup very well versus our receivers, and we will see an immediate focus on running the ball.    Combine both of those factors with the reality that JT is the best running back in the league, there are many games where we will just chew clock and take our yards at will. If they can win with Ryan throwing 8 passes, they will do it. 
    • im surprised your so high on ryan.  not that i disagree, just didn't expect it from you. I voted he would get about 4200-4300, mainly becaue i think JT repeats again for about 16-1900 yards. 
    • According to Boomer Esiason Murray is not well liked by his teammates.
    • Your comment about guaranteeing that Matt Ryan will NOT throw for under 250 yards in a single game jumped off the page to me.      So I looked this up before posting here.    Last year, only two quarterbacks threw for more than 5,000 yards.  Brady with just over 5300 yards and Herbert with just over 5000.    For the record, Brady had FIVE games of under 250 yards and Herbert had SIX.   So if those guys had multiple games of under 250, your safest bet is that Matt Ryan will too.   That’s as close to a guarantee as you can get.    Ryan is likely to average roughly 250 a game, maybe a little more.   Which means he’ll have a good number more than 250, and a good number below.   
    • If the offense is more balanced, that will mean more O snaps.  We were 21st in plays per game on O. And we would have been even lower had we not had all the turnovers.  That's pretty darn weak. We were 12th with Rivers. 17th with JB. 5th with Luck.  Having more passing yards does not mean you have to have substantially less running yards.  You can be top 10 in both areas. Buffalo, Dallas, and AZ were.  At the end of the day, most of the SB favs, are good at passing (top 10).  More times than not, that's what it takes. 
  • Members

• AwesomeAustin

AwesomeAustin 1,681

• Nadine

Nadine 7,394

Administrators
    • Misty_B

Misty_B 0

Rookie
    • CoachLite

CoachLite 675

• Moe