Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would Love This O-Line

unitaswestand

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, I would love to have Shipley as the starting Center.

It looks like Satele will be the starter and Shipley/Holmes will duke it out for the back up job.

Cannot carry 3 centers so do you think Shipley even has a chance to make team? I think satele starts holmes is on roster.and I do not like Satele under Center minus he gets the ball to Luck without drama,Shipleys touches were questionable at times

Cannot carry 3 centers so do you think Shipley even has a chance to make team? I think satele starts holmes is on roster.and I do not like Satele under Center minus he gets the ball to Luck without drama,Shipleys touches were questionable at times

Shipley is a hybrid G/C. If Donald or Thornton/McGlynn go down I can see us turning to Shipley to play Guard.

I have NO>>>>know idea what was going on behind the scenes LAST season....   But when Shipley was playing C the O seemed to move better.

Just my "UNEDUCATED" eye.....     but .....

This is my prediction..

Shipley

Thomas

Thornton

GC

Costanzo...

I think the X-factor on the line projections has to be Ijalana. If he can stay healthy (big 'if'), he could end up starting at guard. Castonzo, Cherilus, and Thomas have both tackles & one guard spot locked up. That leaves Center and (other) Guard. Satele and McGlynn were the starters last year. I like Satele in Oakland, but he was utter garbage last year. McGlynn is back-up with versatility in my eyes.

I think the line was at it's very best last year when Shipley was at Center, and we drafted a guy (Holmes) who can play center. I would like to see competition between Satele, Shipley, and Holmes, and I would hope Shipley wins the job. I think Satele needs to be relegated to back-up this year, and then shopped around next year. (I don't think there is enough depth to let him loose this year.)

I would like to see Reitz, Thornton, and Ijalana compete for the vacant Guard spot. (Whoever doesn't win out of those three guys, I'd slide at back-up at both Guard spots. If McGlynn stays you could slide Thornton to back-up RT.) As for Tackle, I like Linkenbach. I think the majority of times we had good line play, Linkenbach was plugged-in somewhere along the line. I haven't enough of Sowell or Ziemba to comment on them. I do like Cleary Emmet as an underdog, but that's probably more hope than rationale. If all else fails, Thornton offers another option at tackle in case of injury.

Training camp is going to be an verrrrry interesting this year. A lot of depth chart spots up for grabs!